I'll be shooting aboard a 50 ft sail boat with full crew this weekend. Seeking advice on gear and artistic interpretation.
If you've done this, you know it's not easy to get artistic shots. This is a recreational event rather than a race. Don't want too much gear and wonder how to shoot creatively without falling over board when it gets rough. If you have direct experience, what's your best advice?
Planned equipment list:
1. Camera: 7D
2. Lenses: 17-40L and 100-300L (for on board shots, seascapes and other boats)
3. Other: Backpack
1. Best way to protect gear?
2. How to wear camera and change lenses? (seriously)
3. Do I need a polarizing filter? Fill flash? Anything else?
4. Lighting will be midday, the worst time. Best settings for blue sky and blue water?
5. Should I bring a normal lens?