Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 22 Jun 2012 (Friday) 05:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

a warning about creeps and a question...

this thread is locked
SVTmaniac
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 22, 2012 20:37 as a reply to  @ post 14618487 |  #136

This will be my last post in this ridiculous thread. OP are you really comparing a public place like the beach where people are free to do as they please within the confines of the law to a private forum that you have to agree to terms and conditions to post on? If the beach were private then by all means have at it but you were not. Anyway hopefully someday you don't cross the wrong person.

-Chris
More gear than talent.

sponsored links
whiteflyer
Goldmember
1,810 posts
Gallery: 273 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 22, 2012 21:00 |  #137

SVTmaniac wrote in post #14618587 (external link)
Anyway hopefully someday you don't cross the wrong person.

Or maybe he should and learn a valuable life lesson. :eek:

Gear List

swetsastonic
THREAD ­ STARTER
440 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 22, 2012 21:30 |  #138

keyframe14 wrote in post #14618487 (external link)
Does this even make sense to you? If the guy came and called your wife "overweight" your comparison would make some sense..

I was comparing the legality of it. both are legal, yet you still feel that the one would be wrong. well, I feel that this guy was wrong.

what if your wife was in public and her breast was showing and she didn't realize it. would you be okay if someone snapped a picture and put it on the internet? not a rhetorical question...I'm honestly curious.

swetsastonic
THREAD ­ STARTER
440 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 22, 2012 21:34 |  #139

Harm wrote in post #14617912 (external link)
^ demanding to see and demanding to have the photographer delete the photos is illegal, without proper authority and a warrant.

Otherwise what is to stop me demanding to come into your house to see your photos on your computer and then demand you to delete them?

Pure and simple in black and white - the OP has no authority to do that. Further more the photographer could have just laughed in the face of the OP, slapped some sense in him and with threatening behaviour maybe even defend himself.

nothing's going to stop you from demanding to come into my house. I won't let you in, but you can feel free to demand whatever you want.

z-monster
95 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 22, 2012 21:53 |  #140

swetsastonic wrote in post #14615112 (external link)
#2 - he probably had pictures of other girls in other folders. I went up and down the beach looking for him in order to do just that, but he was gone.

Are you suddenly the "Savoir of the Beach" now? You went on a pursuit after him? This looks like stalking to me. Wait a sec, who's the creep again?

swetsastonic wrote in post #14615112 (external link)
I also thought that I should have taken his picture with my phone and given it to the hotels in the area and posted it on tripadvisor, etc.

Wait wait wait...You just went on a 5 paragraph rant about him taking pics of your wife worried that he might post them online with a box of tissue near by. Yet, YOU wanted to take a pic of him to post online in order to warn others about his activity?
That kinda looks like a solid Defamation of Character lawsuit against you.
Not to mention the added paranoia YOU could have created among the public against other harmless photographers in the area.

Pure genius man! Looks like your anger and the Good Idea Fairy don't mix well for you.

Ya know swetsastonic even the Police know they can't do what you did to that innocent photographer. How did you come to the belief that you could place yourself above the law?
Hmmm, looks like YOU need to be reminded of the ThePhotographersRight (external link)
After all, it was written by a lawyer! :lol:

My feedback

pbelarge
Goldmember
2,837 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 22, 2012 22:00 as a reply to  @ swetsastonic's post |  #141

Any person be it male or female that steps out onto public areas and dresses in a dress/bikini/sexy outfit is putting themselves out there for anyone else who in the same public space to see. If they do not want that to happen, put on some clothes or do not go out in public.
Pretty simple

Also, you threatened this individual. He could have pressed charges, and then you would be responsible, no ifs, ands, or but(t)s. He was not breaking any laws. Learn to curb your temper and do not worry about what others are doing. If you do not want public images of yourself or wife while scantily clothed, do not go out in public dressed so.

I also agree with an earlier statement - he deleted all the images and went back to his room and then recovered them all.

If you are still having difficulty with this, think of it as a form of flattery.

just a few of my thoughts...
Pierre

mbellot
"My dog ate my title"
3,362 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Jun 22, 2012 22:49 |  #142

pbelarge wrote in post #14618924 (external link)
Any person be it male or female that steps out onto public areas [Snip] is putting themselves out there for anyone else who in the same public space to see.

If they do not want that to happen [snip] do not go out in public.
Pretty simple

I fixed it for you. Good news, it's even simpler.

;)

-AP-
Goldmember
2,293 posts
Gallery: 190 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 22, 2012 23:58 as a reply to  @ mbellot's post |  #143

Woot Woot... (external link)

WEBSITE (external link) | FACEBOOK (external link) | Canon 5d3 | SX50 HS | 7D2 |70-200L | 24-70L | 50mm f1.4 | YN-622c | Bunch of lights, a few more lenses and lots of other stuff..

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Jun 23, 2012 02:10 |  #144

Ok so I just checked with my wife.

Q. How would you feel if someone was surreptitiously taking photographs of you on the beach in your bikini?

A. I would be really annoyed.

Q. Why would you be annoyed?

A. Because if I did not know he was taking pictures I would not have a chance to get my posture right and hold my stomach in

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Bear ­ Dale
"I get 'em pregnant"
4,868 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 23, 2012 02:18 |  #145

neil_r wrote in post #14619670 (external link)
A. Because if I did not know he was taking pictures I would not have a chance to get my posture right and hold my stomach in

G0LD!!!

Cheers,
Bear Dale

Some of my photos featured on Flickr Bear Dale (external link)

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Jun 23, 2012 02:23 |  #146

fotoworx wrote in post #14618148 (external link)
If you're going to act Neanderthal, as I mentioned earlier a Burqa for your wife will protect her modesty.

I kid you not Google Burkini. ;-)a

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Evan ­ Idler
Goldmember
1,600 posts
Joined May 2005

Jun 23, 2012 02:36 |  #147

I think the OP's head would have exploded, if he was in Puerto Vallarta, at the resort
that I was at last fall. You couldn't move for people running around with their DSLR's,
P&S and Cellphones taking photos of people on the beach. Go out in the water, and
look back at the beach, and you could watch a flash going off constantly :-P

--Evan

Canon5DIII + Some L + Some non L + Some Sigma + Some Tamron + other stuff....
Patiently awaiting a winning Lottery Ticket to afford all the toys I would really like :-P

RAW ­ RAW ­ RAW
461 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 23, 2012 03:03 |  #148

Chet wrote in post #14617478 (external link)
[GIFS ARE NOT RENDERED IN QUOTES]
QUOTED IMAGE

Hilarious....funniest thing I've seen for ages. lOOk at the eyes...too funny

keyframe14
Goldmember
1,369 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 23, 2012 06:19 |  #149

swetsastonic wrote in post #14618786 (external link)
I was comparing the legality of it. both are legal, yet you still feel that the one would be wrong. well, I feel that this guy was wrong.

what if your wife was in public and her breast was showing and she didn't realize it. would you be okay if someone snapped a picture and put it on the internet? not a rhetorical question...I'm honestly curious

Again, you exaggerating things assuming crap maybe that would justify your crazy behavior.
I am trying to understand why would you be so paranoia when you see a photographer taking photos of you and your wife on the beach. I would understand to be paranoia if that was not your wife and your mistress...
Assuming that any guy with a camera photographing women on the beach or kids playing is a creeper and a pervert is wrong. Especially when you don;t know that, you're just assuming.
And to answer to your question , no, I would have no problem with that. Why would I have a problem, celebrities have everyday photos taken by paparazzi with breasts showing on the beach or awkward faces and they don;t have any problem with that.

Facebook (external link)
www.albert-heisler.com  (external link)
500px (external link)
IG (external link)

aladyforty
Goldmember
4,291 posts
Gallery: 355 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 23, 2012 07:25 |  #150

interesting thread, as a female I don't have any expectation of privacy in a public place, especially at the beach!!! Having suffered being accosted by an irate male when I was taking street photos in the city with a wide angle lens, the buildings mainly. I have great sympathy for the person with the camera.

FUJI XT3 CANON 5D3 & a bunch of lenses for both
https://500px.com/alad​yforty (external link) https://www.flickr.com​/photos/25426422@N00/ (external link)

sponsored links

15,523 views & 0 likes for this thread
a warning about creeps and a question...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.