Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 21 Jun 2012 (Thursday) 15:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lisa + Matt - DSLR Wedding Film Trailer....

ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 21, 2012 15:24 |  #1

Here is a film trailer I just finished up. C&C Welcomed

Does anyone know how to remove the mic feedback during the first speech? I usually use Izotope Rx to fix audio, but couldnt isolate the bad audio.

http://www.chadandreo.​com/matt-lisa (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8022/7422445058_d96643b3e4_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/mratedm3/742244​5058/  (external link)
Portraits on Film0048 (external link) by Chad Andreo Photo + Video (external link), on Flickr

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

sponsored links
joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 21, 2012 15:32 |  #2

Nice work, not sure what you're referring to there by feedback but the audio level could come up for the speech.

Joel

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 21, 2012 19:16 |  #3

Chad, I see what you are saying now that I went back and listened to it with the volume up really high, and I agree there is a strange hiss there. I did not notice upon watching the piece for what it was because I could hear the subject just fine. The question is: Have you tested your camera since then in other settings to test the audio? You need to sample it multiple times to figure out if it is the MIC the Cam or the setting.

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 22, 2012 03:29 |  #4

What editing software are you using? Did you use audio compression to raise the amplitude and reduce the peaks? Also, the amplitude of the speech is way too low, you need to watch the audio amplitude bars to make sure it averages in the high green area...

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 22, 2012 10:37 |  #5

StaticMedia wrote in post #14613617 (external link)
Chad, I see what you are saying now that I went back and listened to it with the volume up really high, and I agree there is a strange hiss there.

Nothing you can do about that - that's cheap wireless in action.

Joel

jkru617
220 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 22, 2012 11:02 |  #6

Well done. What song is that?

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 23, 2012 16:45 |  #7

joeblack2022 wrote in post #14612755 (external link)
Nice work, not sure what you're referring to there by feedback but the audio level could come up for the speech.

Thank you. I wish I could increase the audio levels, but one of the speeches was recorded at a low level which caused me to have to reduce the audio level of the whole project to make it work.

StaticMedia wrote in post #14613617 (external link)
Chad, I see what you are saying now that I went back and listened to it with the volume up really high, and I agree there is a strange hiss there. I did not notice upon watching the piece for what it was because I could hear the subject just fine. The question is: Have you tested your camera since then in other settings to test the audio? You need to sample it multiple times to figure out if it is the MIC the Cam or the setting.

joeblack2022 wrote in post #14616211 (external link)
Nothing you can do about that - that's cheap wireless in action.

The audio is from a Zoom H4N tapped into the bands mixer board. They were having issues with the mic.

Kento wrote in post #14615013 (external link)
What editing software are you using? Did you use audio compression to raise the amplitude and reduce the peaks? Also, the amplitude of the speech is way too low, you need to watch the audio amplitude bars to make sure it averages in the high green area...

Thank You for the feedback.
I used Adobe Premiere CS5.5 and CS6. I did not do any audio compression. Do you have any recommended links that I could look at to accomplish this?

jkru617 wrote in post #14616304 (external link)
Well done. What song is that?

Thank You. The song is "Gotta Have You" - The Weepies

Here is a link to the video on vimeo with the tech details.
http://vimeo.com/44338​847 (external link)

LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 23, 2012 17:09 |  #8

ChadAndreo wrote in post #14621868 (external link)
Thank you. I wish I could increase the audio levels, but one of the speeches was recorded at a low level which caused me to have to reduce the audio level of the whole project to make it work.

-----

Thank You for the feedback.
I used Adobe Premiere CS5.5 and CS6. I did not do any audio compression. Do you have any recommended links that I could look at to accomplish this?

Premiere Pro has an audio effect that will solve all your problems. It is an effect that can raise the low amplitude audio while at the same exact time reduce the high amplitude audio bringing it all together at a happy medium level, and its called Audio Compression... sounds too good to be true right? Well it's real, it goes under the tag "Dynamics" under Premiere's audio effects tab. Just do some internet searching and you'll figure out how it works.

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 23, 2012 19:47 |  #9

After reading your post, I found THIS (external link) tutorial online which was very helpful in figuring it out.
I am rendering out the video now and will post the updated version shortly

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 24, 2012 17:09 |  #10

I just uploaded the new version with better audio and I also changed my signature at the end. Let me know what you think

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jun 25, 2012 05:52 as a reply to  @ ChadAndreo's post |  #11

Audio is waayyy better man, audio compression for the win. ;)

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

Lobsta
136 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jun 25, 2012 06:22 |  #12

I never watched it before the audio fix but it sound great now. Good job!

ChadAndreo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jun 25, 2012 12:45 |  #13

Kento wrote in post #14628004 (external link)
Audio is waayyy better man, audio compression for the win. ;)

Yea, it sounds much better now. Thanks for suggestion.

Lobsta wrote in post #14628055 (external link)
I never watched it before the audio fix but it sound great now. Good job!

Thanks

sponsored links

2,869 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lisa + Matt - DSLR Wedding Film Trailer....
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.