Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 24 Jun 2012 (Sunday) 16:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 1Dx vs Canon 5d Mark III

RishabhSood
447 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 24, 2012 16:28 |  #1

The revolutionary DSLR, Canon 1Dx was launched recently, which brings us to a million dollar question, which a lot of you guys are probably being haunted by, Whether to buy the newly launched Canon 1Dx or the Canon 5D mkiii?

Read more about it : Canon 1Dx vs Canon 5d mkiii (external link)

New Delhi Wedding Photographer (external link) | Destination Wedding Photographer India (external link) | Destination Wedding Photographer (external link)

sponsored links
ShockFactor03
36 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jun 24, 2012 16:36 |  #2

The cost for the 5D mkIII is listed at $2,199.00 in the article...

Gear

RishabhSood
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 24, 2012 16:46 |  #3

ShockFactor03 wrote in post #14625775 (external link)
The cost for the 5D mkIII is listed at $2,199.00 in the article...

Thanks a lot, It was been corrected. :)

New Delhi Wedding Photographer (external link) | Destination Wedding Photographer India (external link) | Destination Wedding Photographer (external link)

Pete ­ W
Goldmember
1,270 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2007

Jun 24, 2012 16:48 |  #4

It is the OP's article... Bit of self promoting going on...... and I suspect just copied info so you visit his site..... No actual experience first hand by the OP.

All the best
Pete Woods LRPS QGP
My Website (external link)

RishabhSood
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 24, 2012 16:54 |  #5

Pete W wrote in post #14625817 (external link)
It is the OP's article... Bit of self promoting going on...... and I suspect just copied info so you visit his site..... No actual experience first hand by the OP.

You can always copyscape.com it to check if it is copied. Yes, the review was written by us, whats the harm in sharing it with you guys? and no, We haven't used the Canon 1Dx but we use a Canon 5D mk3 regularly.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jun 24, 2012 17:48 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

RishabhSood wrote in post #14625843 (external link)
You can always copyscape.com it to check if it is copied. Yes, the review was written by us, whats the harm in sharing it with you guys? and no, We haven't used the Canon 1Dx but we use a Canon 5D mk3 regularly.

Unless you have used both cameras extensively, you have nothing more to add that can't be derived from the published specs. When you have used both, come back and tell us your opinions.

RishabhSood
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 24, 2012 18:00 |  #7

Hogloff wrote in post #14626016 (external link)
Unless you have used both cameras extensively, you have nothing more to add that can't be derived from the published specs. When you have used both, come back and tell us your opinions.

I haven't written a review here mate, just a detailed comparison between the specifications. The review will be out only after we have tested the camera extensively.

sf_loft
212 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 24, 2012 18:14 |  #8

I was going to wait for the 1Dx, but I just don't see myself using all of its features as an amateur. It all depends on your type of photography, whether you need high FPS or not. 6fps is not too shabby and it has the 1Dx AF system. I bought the battery grip (BG-E11) for balance and portrait comfort, but I can still travel light by just using the compact body. I was able to get a bunch of accessories like the BG-E11 and GP-E2 (GPS) unit and a new lens for less than the 1Dx body. Money is not really an issue, but portability and having 85% -90% of the 1Dx functionality, the 5D Mark III was the clear winner for me.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III & FUJIFILM X-T1 mirrorless

35mm f/1.4L | 85mm f/1.2L II |135mm f/2L | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/4L IS | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro
Benro C2691T Travel Angel | GP-E2 GPS | EF 1.4x III
FUJINON 23mm 1.4 | FUJINON 35mm 1.4 | FUJINON 56mm 1.2

flickr (external link)

NeoTokyo
Goldmember
2,005 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 25, 2012 10:18 |  #9

It is an informative write up to help anyone looking for information about both bodies.

Pete W wrote in post #14625817 (external link)

Hogloff wrote in post #14626016 (external link)

I think we need some Troll Spray in here....

IMAGE: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yFeC-Omt3c8/SK6Z1ZDjz2I/AAAAAAAAAao/IjytkOstgxM/s400/258Troll_spray.jpg

Check out my flickr! http://www.flickr.com/​photos/crainracing/ (external link)

Pete ­ W
Goldmember
1,270 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2007

Jun 25, 2012 12:51 |  #10

NeoTokyo wrote in post #14628776 (external link)
It is an informative write up to help anyone looking for information about both bodies.

I think we need some Troll Spray in here....

QUOTED IMAGE

Good idea spray at self and OP....

All the best
Pete Woods LRPS QGP
My Website (external link)

NeoTokyo
Goldmember
2,005 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 25, 2012 18:09 |  #11

By all terms and definitions, you sir are the troll.

You posted simply to bash what he had to say and his work, that by all terms makes you a troll.

Learn the term or get off the interwebz. :D

Check out my flickr! http://www.flickr.com/​photos/crainracing/ (external link)

sponsored links

4,127 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon 1Dx vs Canon 5d Mark III
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.