Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 19 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 21:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official T4i Thread

tharmsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,737 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 25, 2012 11:05 |  #46

Some more sample pics. Nothing spectacular, I was stuck at an open house for a graduation so I ran around taking a few pics.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!

IMAGE NOT FOUND

I even took a shot inside in poor lighting and set the camera to auto mode and let it do some flash work. I was surprised how well it exposed with the direct flash.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Gear List

sponsored links
Tom ­ W
Canon Fanosapien
12,747 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jun 25, 2012 11:52 |  #47

Images look pretty good.

I'm kind of curious as to how the images stand up against those of the 7D. I suspect that they're very similar. Since I got the 5D3, the 7D really doesn't hold much value for me other than as a second body. I think that there are a couple of features on this T4i that could attract me enough to sell the 7 and buy the Rebel instead. Just pondering my options - there's plenty of time to consider all the ramifications.

Tom
5D IV, M5, RP, & various lenses

tagnal
Goldmember
1,255 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jun 25, 2012 13:55 |  #48

Since it now has a touch screen... When shooting through the viewfinder, does your nose ever change any of the camera settings? I have a large nose and I almost always get nose smudges on my screens when shooting, even with the eyepiece extenders ><

5D3 / M3 / S100 / Σ 35 Art / 50 1.8 / 135 L / 17-40 L / 24-70 L / 70-200 f/4 IS L / m 22 2.0 / 580ex II
Toy List | flickr (external link) | FAA (external link)

i-G12
Wat?
2,273 posts
Gallery: 189 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 25, 2012 14:05 |  #49

tagnal wrote in post #14629696 (external link)
Since it now has a touch screen... When shooting through the viewfinder, does your nose ever change any of the camera settings? I have a large nose and I almost always get nose smudges on my screens when shooting, even with the eyepiece extenders ><

I don't know for sure but I'd think the touch screen would turn off when it's brought up to the face like an iPhone! I sure hope so anyway.

tharmsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,737 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 25, 2012 20:37 |  #50

I haven't had any issues with the touch screen any my nose.

Gear List

Fishfinder71
27 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 26, 2012 00:46 |  #51

I got mine from Best Buy and paid for the best warranty. In the next 3 years if a better Rebel comes out I can switch my camera for it. If I break it, they will switch it out. I feel good about the purchase. I get 2015 technology for free if I feel like giving up my camera. Can't beat that.

I got the EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM for $399 when I purchased the T4i w/ the 18-55mm. I ordered the 50mm F/1.8 today for $109.

I was gonna post a 2 or 3 photos, but I'm new at this and don't know how to change my pics to upload correctly. The size it too big.

Canon T4i w/ 18-135mm STM kit ~~ Other Lenses: Canon 50mm f1.8 - Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - Canon 35-80mm

tomcat7886
Goldmember
3,277 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jun 26, 2012 00:47 |  #52

wow T4i already. I must have been outdated. ;(

Canon T2i | 18-55mm IS Kit | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC | Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoommmmm! | Black Canon Edition Crumpler Industry Disgrace
Crumpler on Sale: BLACK https://photography-on-the.net ...ghlight=industry+di​sgrace

J.Wolfe
647 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jun 26, 2012 00:57 |  #53

tomcat7886 wrote in post #14632374 (external link)
wow T4i already. I must have been outdated. ;(

That's how I feel. I just got the T2i in August and not even was the T3i was out....

Hi, I'm Justin
~ Argus C3
~ Konica C35
~ Canon T2i
My Flickr (external link)

Fishfinder71
27 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 26, 2012 01:23 |  #54

J.Wolfe wrote in post #14632401 (external link)
That's how I feel. I just got the T2i in August and not even was the T3i was out....

That's why you buy from best buy and pay for the warranty. You get a free upgrade if a new version comes out. You have 3 years to use the upgrade. I'm gonna wait till the last few months of the warranty to take them up in the trade offer.

Canon T4i w/ 18-135mm STM kit ~~ Other Lenses: Canon 50mm f1.8 - Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - Canon 35-80mm

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
5,270 posts
Gallery: 96 photos
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 26, 2012 02:54 |  #55

Fishfinder71 wrote in post #14632478 (external link)
That's why you buy from best buy and pay for the warranty. You get a free upgrade if a new version comes out. You have 3 years to use the upgrade. I'm gonna wait till the last few months of the warranty to take them up in the trade offer.

This is interesting, how much is the warranty?
So if the T5i comes out two years from now, you hand in your t4i and they give you the t5i at no cost to you? Do I have it right?

When you see my camera gear you'll think I'm a pro.
When you see my photos you'll know that I'm not.

My best aviation photos (external link)

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
5,270 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 26, 2012 02:59 |  #56

Tom W wrote in post #14629152 (external link)
Images look pretty good.

I'm kind of curious as to how the images stand up against those of the 7D. I suspect that they're very similar. Since I got the 5D3, the 7D really doesn't hold much value for me other than as a second body. I think that there are a couple of features on this T4i that could attract me enough to sell the 7 and buy the Rebel instead. Just pondering my options - there's plenty of time to consider all the ramifications.

The 7D should still be the king if fast AF is required for sports or action shots.
That's why I'm hanging on to my 7D, as I use it for air show photography.

i-G12
Wat?
2,273 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 26, 2012 06:21 |  #57

Fishfinder71 wrote in post #14632369 (external link)
I got mine from Best Buy and paid for the best warranty. In the next 3 years if a better Rebel comes out I can switch my camera for it.

You have a link to that warranty that states that? I looked at their extended warranty and don't see that as part of it. Probably missed it but maybe you have a better link.

Perfectly ­ Frank
I'm too sexy for my lens
5,270 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 26, 2012 13:34 |  #58

i-G12 wrote in post #14633046 (external link)
You have a link to that warranty that states that? I looked at their extended warranty and don't see that as part of it. Probably missed it but maybe you have a better link.

I read under their accidental protection plans - nothing about upgrading.

i-G12
Wat?
2,273 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 26, 2012 15:32 |  #59

Perfectly Frank wrote in post #14635010 (external link)
I read under their accidental protection plans - nothing about upgrading.

Yeah I looked at it too.

Maybe there is something about some sort of upgrade program but I don't see it.

Calicajun
Goldmember
2,989 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 26, 2012 15:54 as a reply to  @ i-G12's post |  #60

The upgrade works only if the model is discontinued. Example, if my wifes' T1i breaks Best Buy will give us the purchase price back or the next level Txi camera that is currently being sold. I have use the Best Buy extended protection plan twice before, on a GPS and a Ipod. the rest of the time I purchased the protection plan was a waste of money as the products never went bad but I did have some peace of mind.:lol:

Remember, Stressed spelled backward is Desserts.:)
Suggestions welcome.
5DIII, EF 50 1.4, EF 40 f2.8, EF 24-105L IS , EF 70-200 f4L IS, 580EX ll

sponsored links

500,271 views & 52 likes for this thread
Official T4i Thread
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.