mirrorrim wrote in post #14629262
Really cool timing with the bee and the rings!
SJC from VT wrote in post #14629511
Great set...my favorite is the groom kickin up his heels! (The bee and the rings are pretty cool too!)
nicksan wrote in post #14630390
Here's my take:
1. While this type of photo is necessary, I wouldn't necessarily feature it in a 8 photo set.
2. Cool collage, however the B&W dress shots doesn't go with the rest that are in color.
3. Looks like you were dealing with pretty harsh lighitng. The photo in the upper right looks a little funky, like it was overexposed so much and you tried to recover sapping out the colors on some of the people. (Woman third from the left for example) Otherwise these are decent guest shots.
4. Top one just looks like a snap shot. The bottom one is a nice moment captures. But just a lot of loose space in both of these photos.
5. Nice collage. I like it.
6. Looks like you were in spotty lighting. The hot spot by her pit/torso and his shoulder is a little bit of a distraction. Otherwise a decent shot.
7. Fun looking shots. Looks like they were having a great time. The only issue I have is the photo on the left where the woman has her eyes half closed. Not so flattering. But otherwise a fun collage.
8. Another fun collage. The Dancing shoes shot looks out of place because it was shot when there was still good lighting.
Thanks Nick for your details C&C!
1. Good point. Thx.
2. There were too many colors from the bed, the wall... behind the dress. It was kind of distracting that was why I processed it b&w. I took risk to mix b&w with color in the collage this time, I guess I blew it
3. Nothing escape your vision Nick, your were dead on. Those were a bit over exposed so I pulled back the highlight.
4. I tried to tight the 2nd shot with the one on top. That was why I picked that.
6. I'll burn those hot spots a bit.
Christopher Steven b wrote in post #14630611
I just zipped through these and overall liked them. Detail shots really stand out--love the bumblebee.
The critique I'd offer is:
1) for portions of the day for which you have control in terms of positioning, take that control. Light dappling on the shots of the B+G during what look to be non-ceremony shots, should have been easy to see and avoid
2) for the dance shots: get that flash off cam.
1. I was in pain b/c there were absolutely zero shade around the house but a blotchy spot. I am done with blotchy shade, next time I'll put them in the sun.
2. Good point. Thx!
bathtub2007 wrote in post #14630756
Escondido would be the place to have a DIY wedding haha, good photos
RPCrowe wrote in post #14631794
Nice shots... I live in the hills just north of Escondido in Hidden Headows,
Thanks RPCrowe! When can I visit you ?