Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 23 Jun 2012 (Saturday) 10:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos!

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,788 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 27, 2012 16:39 |  #151

The problem is that i am not single. i have a wife who raids my savings all the freaking time. the only reason whys he hasnt touched my savings/bonus for a while is because i am treating me and her to a holiday in florida(im from uk).

if i was single i would possibly be sporting something like a 7d now and getting a 5d3 or even a 1dx at some point this year but because my wife raids my account(she has two luis vuitton hand bags costing near £1k each and two wallets that are around £300 for a ****ing wallet??) and u quickly see where some of my money goes!

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 27, 2012 16:39 |  #152

David Arbogast wrote in post #14640750 (external link)
I guess I'm not the only hobbyist who compares cameras to boats, rvs, etc. :lol: People spend huge sums on stuff they can only use a few days a year, but a camera can be used every single day and you capture a lifetime of great memories. :D By comparison, expensive camera gear is a bargain.

Sorry about the thread interuption though, now back to the pictures........ ;)

I would agree that the more money one spends to L glass, 5D or better style camera is getting a better deal. Why? Because one can sell them a few years after buying one and still get most of thier money back... You just can't say that with any of the XXX series bodies.

_
My Gear is ---> Here

Mark ­ II
Goldmember
2,153 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 27, 2012 16:51 as a reply to  @ davidc502's post |  #153

Copied & pasted from just about every camera forum out there:

I cant understand why so many 5DMK3 owners are saying ... "I'm glad", "It does", "It doesn't", "Cant do", "Can do", blah, blah, blah ... ON ALL OF THE 1DX THREADS! :rolleyes:

WE GET IT! ... you payed less for less of a camera!

Be happy & go use it!

Quit spending time "counting your $$$" in front of those who spent more for what they wanted!!!!!!

Jeeeeez us! :rolleyes:

1DX7D - 40D IR converted Sony RX100,
Canon 85 L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 24-105L, 16-35mm f/2.8 II L, 100L & 60mm Macro , Fisheye EF 15mm f2.8, Tokina 10-17

itsafastworld85
464 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 27, 2012 16:55 |  #154

1dx owners don't care about the 5diii.

5diii owners care about the 1dx.

The joys of inferiority complex.

itsafastworld85
464 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 27, 2012 16:56 |  #155

jonneymendoza wrote in post #14640791 (external link)
The problem is that i am not single. i have a wife who raids my savings all the freaking time. the only reason whys he hasnt touched my savings/bonus for a while is because i am treating me and her to a holiday in florida(im from uk).

if i was single i would possibly be sporting something like a 7d now and getting a 5d3 or even a 1dx at some point this year but because my wife raids my account(she has two luis vuitton hand bags costing near £1k each and two wallets that are around £300 for a ****ing wallet??) and u quickly see where some of my money goes!

Set up a separate account she doesn't know about and can't buy handbags from. :cool:

Dan-o
Goldmember
3,539 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jun 27, 2012 16:57 |  #156

Because one can sell them a few years after buying one and still get most of thier money back... You just can't say that with any of the XXX series bodies.

I bought my 1DMIII and 300 2.8 at the same time. Paid $4100 on the lens and could sell it for this price now. Paid $4000 for the body and am trying to sell it for $1500 now.

Danny.
DMunsonPhoto (external link)
Cycling Illustrated (external link)
FaceBook Page (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jun 27, 2012 17:02 |  #157

All this **** about no 5D3 talk or only talk about the 1DX, etc... if funny since nobody in here even owns one. :lol:

I thought it said "discuss" in the thread title.. maybe that only means you can discuss how "Awesomely magical" the 1DX is?:rolleyes:

Look I was all set to get a 1DX - money already set aside for it in fact. Been on a waiting list since early Dec.

I made a decision to go with the 5D3 instead and spend the remaining money on glass. Seeing actual results out of this camera (finally!) and some of us may want to talk about those results, good bad or ugly and how it compares to other Canon products, namely the 5D3 (the 1DX mini-me).

How is that not appropriate for this thread?

Jahled
Goldmember
1,498 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 27, 2012 17:08 as a reply to  @ Mark II's post |  #158

My mate got his D4 today and is a very happy bunny. Me on the other hand, got myself second on a pre-order list with one of the UK's biggest camera retailers, and have been completely shafted. They haven't received any units yet.

Canon's supply isn't even much of a trickle, it seems practically non existant. I've been frustrated because I sold my 1D4, somewhat foolishly, more or less as soon as the 1DX was announced to get a healthy price for it. Which I did, but boy, i've missed it :(

James
Snow Leopards of Leafy London- The magic begins 5th November 20:00 hours on Animal Planet :) | Gear

bigrob
Goldmember
1,431 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Jun 27, 2012 17:15 |  #159

James - I see the D4 is in stock in quite a few places & yes Canon shafted you when they said a March delivery. Pretty p*ss poor customer service really.

Candersson
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 27, 2012 17:23 |  #160

Todd Lambert wrote in post #14640885 (external link)
All this **** about no 5D3 talk or only talk about the 1DX, etc... if funny since nobody in here even owns one.

I thought it said "discuss" in the thread title.. maybe that only means you can discuss how "Awesomely magical" the 1DX is?

Look I was all set to get a 1DX - money already set aside for it in fact. Been on a waiting list since early Dec.

I made a decision to go with the 5D3 instead and spend the remaining money on glass. Seeing actual results out of this camera (finally!) and some of us may want to talk about those results, good bad or ugly and how it compares to other Canon products, namely the 5D3 (the 1DX mini-me).

How is that not appropriate for this thread?

I do understand why many people like to compare 5DIII and 1DX since the issue on prizing etc. has been up a lot. In some ways they are comparable and in others not so much.

I actually thought the thread title "1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos" meant -> from the 1DX... and of course discuss settings, experiences etc. etc. from this particular body.
Also noted that not many in this thread really own a 1DX at the moment ;)

To compare different bodies, or 1DX to any another body - we should perhaps start a vs. thread instead?

- Thomas -
1DX/1DIV/7D/5DmkII and Lenses | WWW (external link)
So much to learn, so little time...

Jahled
Goldmember
1,498 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jun 27, 2012 17:27 |  #161

bigrob wrote in post #14640931 (external link)
James - I see the D4 is in stock in quite a few places & yes Canon shafted you when they said a March delivery. Pretty p*ss poor customer service really.

March seems like a distant memory. It's the complete lack of information coming out these companies which ****s me off. Personally, i'm not going to switch systems because I simply hate how Nikons work in my hands, or Sony, full stop. It's not life threatening; I spent most of today photographing plates from a book from 1758, which didn't require what i'm pissed about.

But still :(

James
Snow Leopards of Leafy London- The magic begins 5th November 20:00 hours on Animal Planet :) | Gear

bigrob
Goldmember
1,431 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Jun 27, 2012 17:29 |  #162

Candersson wrote in post #14640973 (external link)
we should perhaps start a vs. thread instead?

An excellent idea. I guess the problem could be if people don't own both but I'd subscribe to it.

Go ahead and start one.

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 27, 2012 17:30 |  #163

Dan-o wrote in post #14640869 (external link)
I bought my 1DMIII and 300 2.8 at the same time. Paid $4100 on the lens and could sell it for this price now. Paid $4000 for the body and am trying to sell it for $1500 now.

That's amazing considering the 5dmk2 which was produced a year later, and it's holding, not all, but most of its value. The starting value was not nearly that of the 1DMIII though. What did the 1DMIII retail for new?? 8 Grand USD?

_
My Gear is ---> Here

bigrob
Goldmember
1,431 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Jun 27, 2012 17:30 |  #164

Jahled wrote in post #14640989 (external link)
It's the complete lack of information coming out these companies which ****s me off.

Yep I totally agree.

Mark ­ II
Goldmember
2,153 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 27, 2012 17:34 |  #165

Candersson wrote in post #14640973 (external link)
I actually thought the thread title "1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos" meant -> from the 1DX... and of course discuss settings, experiences etc. etc. from this particular body.
To compare different bodies, or 1DX to any another body - we should perhaps start a vs. thread instead?

THANK YOU!

1DX7D - 40D IR converted Sony RX100,
Canon 85 L II, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, EF 24-105L, 16-35mm f/2.8 II L, 100L & 60mm Macro , Fisheye EF 15mm f2.8, Tokina 10-17

sponsored links

3,117,012 views & 4,773 likes for this thread
1DX owners unite! Discuss and post photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.