Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 26 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 15:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

which 70-200 2.8

cputeq007
570 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 29, 2012 00:37 |  #46

Sony's A77 EVF is a hell of a lot better than your typical EVFs. It's very good, though not exactly an OVF that I prefer.

I owned a decent A77 setup before moving back over to Canon - great camera.

Flickr (external link)
I own camera stuff

Lionel
721 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 29, 2012 01:20 as a reply to  @ post 14643225 |  #47

Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 L USM

wayne.robbins
Goldmember
2,062 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Jun 29, 2012 12:55 |  #48

IMO, only a fanboy would say that using a Sigma lens means that he/she is not serious. What a crock! All of the lens makers that I am aware of build some great lenses, some good lenses, some problematic lenses and some crap lenses. That goes for Sigma, Tamron, and even Canon. A professional is going to use whatever tools that allows them to get the job done- and most professionals are going to be budget conscious to an extent. They want good tools- reliable tools, that get the job done- at least good enough. Not everybody has a few grand to drop down on top of the line pro grade lenses. Heck, we don't even know if that is the OP's intention- is it for pro or if it is just for enjoyment..

While some buy things for name, some look for other qualities. Personally- I tend to buy for the qualities more than the name- to an extent. If you are limited by budget, where you cannot get the best Canon lens out there, then it comes down to whether you want a lens with perhaps better IQ and features, or if you want a lens with a brand name on it. Neither choice is wrong. It's just your choice. When I could not afford the Canon 70-200 IS USM II, I chose the top of the line Sigma. I also choose not to buy used- my choice. I dropped Tamron's offering because of their questionable AF ( noisy, slow... ). At that time, I chose IQ- so I went with a Sigma. Any other choice, for me, was really cutting into the other qualities that I wanted out of a lens. For me, I was looking for USM or equivalent, image stabilization, IQ, decent build. And I prefer black lenses over white ones. the warranty differences didn't really factor in, but they are there. Price was certainly a factor.

EOS 5D III, EOS 7D,EOS Rebel T4i, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II, Canon 24-105L, Canon 18-135 IS STM, 1.4x TC III, 2.0x TC III, Σ 50mm f/1.4, Σ 17-50 OS, Σ 70-200 OS, Σ 50-500 OS, Σ 1.4x TC, Σ 2.0x TC, 580EXII(3), Canon SX-40, Canon S100
Fond memories: Rebel T1i, Canon 18-55 IS, Canon 55-250 IS, 18-135 IS (Given to a good home)...

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,634 views & 0 likes for this thread
which 70-200 2.8
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.