Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 28 Jun 2012 (Thursday) 06:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I got a new Camera.

johnlo
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 28, 2012 06:56 |  #1

just got the Canon 5D Mark III yesterday. Pretty sweet camera. I still have my Mark II which I will still continue to use. Now I can use two bodies at a wedding instead of one.

The Focus Point is pretty confusing - but i think i understand and how it works now. I think this is the first time i actually read the manual.

Im not much of a movie mode person, but sometimes i like to play around with them. I didnt want to save the files on the CF card, especially when I am shooting still to it. But I thought I can save the Movie mode files onto the SD card? I dont see anywhere giving me the opinion where to save the movie files too.

i wonder if this camera will make some of the non-L prime even better? like the 24 f2.8 or the 28 f1.8? I cant afford the 24 f1.4 right now. hahaha

sorry im just happy i got a nice camera. :) ok time to shoot... wedding gig on Saturday.

johnlo photography :
personal blog: http://www.jklimagery.​com (external link)
My Gear List

sponsored links
dawnkyung
948 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jun 28, 2012 07:16 |  #2

Congrats!

I have no clue about the movie mode because I never use it. Hopefully someone else will chime in. I just got my 5D3 last week, and I'm in love with it also. :)

dawn | 29 | gear

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 28, 2012 07:31 as a reply to  @ dawnkyung's post |  #3

Regarding Video I don't think you can write separately , thats not a 100% though, I just dont use the video much.

Making older lenses better?.. Ken Rockwell seems to think this..:)

The 5D Mark III is Canon's first full-frame camera to correct lens color fringes. That's the biggest reason I replaced my old 5D Mark II with the new 5D Mark III; because my new Mark III automatically can correct many lens flaws, especially lateral color fringes, so my old lightweight plastic lenses on my new Mark III now often outperform my best L lenses on my old Mark II!

Don't shoot the messenger!..:D

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 28, 2012 08:39 |  #4

"Making older lenses better?.. Ken Rockwell seems to think this.."

Classic!

My FLickrPage (external link)

johnlo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 28, 2012 08:55 |  #5

*Jayrou wrote in post #14643282 (external link)
Making older lenses better?.. Ken Rockwell seems to think this..:)

Don't shoot the messenger!..:D

I read that too.. just wanted to see if other are thinking the same. if so that would save me soo much money. lol

johnlo photography :
My Gear List

DreamMaker23
604 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jun 28, 2012 09:01 |  #6

johnlo wrote in post #14643210 (external link)
just got the Canon 5D Mark III yesterday. Pretty sweet camera. I still have my Mark II which I will still continue to use. Now I can use two bodies at a wedding instead of one.

Oh wow!
Pretty sweet!!!!
Enjoy & have fun on Saturday's Wedding bw!

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 28, 2012 09:32 |  #7

Me thinks Ken has been probed again...

http://www.kenrockwell​.com/analprobe/dissent​.htm (external link)

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 29, 2012 02:59 |  #8

alann wrote in post #14643496 (external link)
"Making older lenses better?.. Ken Rockwell seems to think this.."

Classic!

Brilliant contribution.

johnlo wrote in post #14643564 (external link)
I read that too.. just wanted to see if other are thinking the same. if so that would save me soo much money. lol

The cheapest lens I've tried was the Sigma 50mm,KR has a reputation of talking S**t at times, To some extent, I think he's probably right on this if you are comparing from a camera with no lens correction, to those with the same lens on the 5Diii...proving there's a profile for that lens...
but software can do lens correction too.

My question to you is ,why spend $£3000+ Camera and want to skimp on lenses?.. shouldn't it be the other way round?..:)

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,258 posts
Joined May 2003

Jun 29, 2012 06:12 |  #9

Canon has 14 on-line tutorials on the 5DMkIII available at http://www.learn.usa.c​anon.com …d_markiii_tutor​ials.shtml (external link). Something there might be of help to you. Like with the 60D tutorials you can place copies of the videos on a memory card for viewing in-camera.

johnlo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,113 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Jun 29, 2012 15:23 |  #10

the 5D3 is sharper then 5D2.. and the noise level at high ISO (only tested up to 5000) is less then the 5D2.

johnlo photography :
My Gear List

sponsored links

2,029 views & 0 likes for this thread
I got a new Camera.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.