Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 04 Jul 2012 (Wednesday) 18:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Messenger Bag for Laptop and Camera Body

da9k1ne
345 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 04, 2012 18:35 |  #1

I'm looking for a messenger bag to commute to work (via metro). I don't need it very big, just big enough for a laptop and a t3i with the 40mm 2.8 attached.

Looking for leather preferably, or a very nice material as I'm commuting to a corporate office.

Any suggestions would be great! I know there are tons of bags that will fit this, but I haven't really come across anything that look professional or are leather.

sponsored links
blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 04, 2012 19:29 |  #2

yeah your options are really limited if you have to have leather. with that said, here are a few things that you can consider:

1) buy a photo insert and use any bag you want.

2) how about this one:

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=B2peMuRAKjw (external link)

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,092 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Jul 04, 2012 22:30 |  #3

You don't want to consider a bag like the Think Tank Urban Disguise 50?

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

c2thew
Goldmember
3,929 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 05, 2012 02:22 as a reply to  @ SuzyView's post |  #4

the tenba medium messenger would work well for you.

Flickr (external link) |Gear|The-Digital-Picture (external link)|The $6 mic | MAGIC LANTERN (external link) | Welding Filter
Go Support Magic Lantern 2.3!!

da9k1ne
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 05, 2012 06:58 |  #5

blonde wrote in post #14671379 (external link)
yeah your options are really limited if you have to have leather. with that said, here are a few things that you can consider:

1) buy a photo insert and use any bag you want.

2) how about this one:

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=B2peMuRAKjw (external link)

i thought about buying a photo insert, but I dont really even need that. The t3i/40mm combo is very small, so I have no problem just sticking it into the bottom of the bag.

Thanks for the help! I'm not a fan of the other bag you suggested though since it's not leather or very professional looking. Great find though.

SuzyView wrote in post #14671802 (external link)
You don't want to consider a bag like the Think Tank Urban Disguise 50?

i thought about it, but it looks to bulky for my tastes. i really only need the bag to hold a laptop, a notebook and a few papers, and a t3i/40mm combo.

c2thew wrote in post #14672466 (external link)
the tenba medium messenger would work well for you.

agreed. that's my fall back i've decided. i really want to try and find something leather though.

Houston1863
729 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 05, 2012 09:31 as a reply to  @ da9k1ne's post |  #6

What size laptop are we talking about?

I ask because the Think Tank UD35 is nice, neat and small. The ballistic nylon material looks smart too even if it isn't made of leather. I had a Tenba small messenger bag which housed a 15.4 inch MacBook Pro along with a 5D2 and two lenses. While I found that this was a useful bag with lots of space, it was still big. The UD35 will carry a 13.3 inch laptop and your combination of T3i/lens and papers.

2x5D3, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200/2.8L IS,15 FE, 50L,100L, 2x580EXII, 1x430Exll, Fuji X10, YN-622Cs, Manfrotto Neotec legs, various bits and pieces, my Apples ( 2 living MacBook Pro, 1 dormant PowerBook G4 ), bags and bits of Think Tank stuff
www.picture-u.net (external link)
www.picturing-u.blogspot.com (external link)

da9k1ne
THREAD ­ STARTER
345 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jul 05, 2012 10:24 |  #7

15-16 inch laptop...the usual size

i think what i'll have to end up doing it just getting a dedicated laptop messenger bag in leather and making sure i can just throw the camera inside it. shouldnt be a problem if the bag has a dedicated laptop sleeve which will protect the computer/camera from bumping and rubbing against eachother.

seems like they arent really an options that exist for my needs!

Vixen89
Goldmember
4,521 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 05, 2012 12:25 |  #8

Subscribed!

I'm actively lazy!! :D | Gear List | photovxn.com (under construction)external link

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 05, 2012 20:12 |  #9

The bag size will be defined by the 15" laptop size more so than the camera. ;)

You might like the ONA "Union Street":

http://www.onabags.com …engers-and-backpacks.html (external link)

IMAGE: http://www.onabags.com/media/catalog/product//1/small_image/300x300/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/u/n/unionst_tan_large_3.jpg

-howard

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
16,142 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 05, 2012 21:25 |  #10

the problem with these messenger do it all bags is that it's just too heavy when filled up, and a burden on my shoulders. I have a simple backpack with padded bottom.

I have a swiss gear wenger backpack similar to this:
http://www.amazon.com …eywords=swiss+g​ear+wenger (external link)

I dont feel that inserts are necessary, but I just bought this for an upcoming vacation: http://www.ebay.com …m1497.l2649#ht_​8522wt_825 (external link)

good thing about the backpack is that is ridiculously comfortable compared to my laptop bag.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - SY 24/2.8 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 17-28/2.8 - 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

sponsored links

2,450 views & 0 likes for this thread
Messenger Bag for Laptop and Camera Body
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.