Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Oct 2010 (Friday) 15:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's

Ltdave
Goldmember
3,191 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 10, 2012 01:24 |  #4231

jjj5278 wrote in post #14693960 (external link)
Good lord, it manages to get BETTER...I called back today to inquire about my missing refund. The dude took my info and said "hang on for a minute please while I look into this"....27 minutes later he came back and said they were very busy for a Monday but his supervisor was working on it and he'd be back in a minute. A few minutes later he came back and informed me "no one ever created a new RMA for the actual refund but we just did it now for you." So all these times I have called these idiots were telling me a refund would be received any day now but there was NO way a refund would ever come b/c no one ever created yet another RMA for the refund. Ugh, the way they handle this stuff is beyond insane if you ask me. I have FOUR RMA numbers now for ONE returned camera. He said I will have my refund w/in 3 days, and if not to call back.....I am sure I'll be calling back on Friday. About ready to just open a BBB claim and let them deal w/ these morons. :mad:

There seems to be two different operating modes here. My dealings could not have gone more smoothly. My shipping label for the return rebel 650 was in my email before I was off the phone placing my order, my 7d was sent 2nd day FedEx (I didn't buy a lens either!) and id buy ANOTHER if I had the money...

sponsored links
KhanhD
"I need a grip . . . on my life"
1,523 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 10, 2012 11:35 |  #4232

Highest count Ive had yet.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i241.photobucke​t.com …hotography/5d2s​hutter.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Khanh Duong | KHDPhoto.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link)
iPhone 5s + Instagram (external link)

onewaitz
34 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 10, 2012 12:23 |  #4233

Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a little over 6 months, but never felt moved to post until now. Thanks to all of the great information on this thread and forum, I just ordered my 5D MKII from Canon Loyalty!! I wanted to say a collective THANKS to everyone here for the wonderful and truly informative updates. I couldn't have had a better experience. The Canon customer reps are friendly, happy people who really seem to like their jobs. They carefully took this newbie by the hand and walked her through every step of the process and answered every conceivable question. I ordered this time yesterday, received my return label via email about an hour after the call (unlike some here, they *did* ask me for the model/serial # of the camera I was returning), and today, I received my tracking number and ETA... tomorrow!! You really can't beat THAT with a stick! Unfortunately, my state's 'out-of-control-taxes' got a goodly portion of the discount, but I'm still getting a 5D MarkII for the grand total of $1683.82. Not too shabby!!

Thanks again everyone! I imagine this will be quite a change from my 10D, but I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! :D

Karen C.

Karen C.

IA40D
338 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 10, 2012 13:10 |  #4234

you guys been lucky i got lucky shutter clicks with my 5d but the one 7d i send back had 26k on it and a lot of hot pixels this replacement has 7500 but i think it will work far less pixels showing none actually at 5 seconds into the body cap at iso 200 but like 7 at iso 800 pretty acceptable so think this one should work test it out with some lenses tonight

5Dmk2, 7D, 1DIIn(sold), 1Dclassic(sold), 40D(Sold), 70-200 2.8L, 100-400L IS, 17-40L, 24-105L, 85 1.8, 135L, Tammy 28-75 2.8(sold), Tammy 10-24(sold)

TheRightLight
295 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 10, 2012 19:09 |  #4235
bannedPermanent ban

KhanhD wrote in post #14697025 (external link)
Highest count Ive had yet.

IMAGE NOT FOUND PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i241.photobucke​t.com …hotography/5d2s​hutter.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

Super lucky!

Marketplace Feedback:
As a Seller: One. Two. Three. As a Buyer: Link.
My Ebay Account: 100% Positive Feedback. (external link)

Scott911
25 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 11, 2012 07:42 |  #4236

IA40D wrote in post #14697424 (external link)
you guys been lucky i got lucky shutter clicks with my 5d but the one 7d i send back had 26k on it and a lot of hot pixels this replacement has 7500 but i think it will work far less pixels showing none actually at 5 seconds into the body cap at iso 200 but like 7 at iso 800 pretty acceptable so think this one should work test it out with some lenses tonight

You're luck will change when you embrace this nifty little thing called the period! :p

spotz04
Goldmember
1,971 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 11, 2012 08:01 |  #4237

onewaitz wrote in post #14697220 (external link)
Hi all! I've been reading this forum for a little over 6 months, but never felt moved to post until now. Thanks to all of the great information on this thread and forum, I just ordered my 5D MKII from Canon Loyalty!! I wanted to say a collective THANKS to everyone here for the wonderful and truly informative updates. I couldn't have had a better experience. The Canon customer reps are friendly, happy people who really seem to like their jobs. They carefully took this newbie by the hand and walked her through every step of the process and answered every conceivable question. I ordered this time yesterday, received my return label via email about an hour after the call (unlike some here, they *did* ask me for the model/serial # of the camera I was returning), and today, I received my tracking number and ETA... tomorrow!! You really can't beat THAT with a stick! Unfortunately, my state's 'out-of-control-taxes' got a goodly portion of the discount, but I'm still getting a 5D MarkII for the grand total of $1683.82. Not too shabby!!

Thanks again everyone! I imagine this will be quite a change from my 10D, but I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! :D

Karen C.

Experiences obviously vary depending upon which CSR person handles the order. That's good yours was a pleasant one. I hope you get a low shutter count.

Congrats on the 5D2 and Welcome to POTN. :D

onewaitz
34 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 12, 2012 12:06 |  #4238

spotz04 wrote in post #14701144 (external link)
Experiences obviously vary depending upon which CSR person handles the order. That's good yours was a pleasant one. I hope you get a low shutter count. Congrats on the 5D2 and Welcome to POTN. :D

Thanks again for the nice welcome to the forum! I downloaded that little "EOSInfo" utility and it told me that I've got a shutter count of 1311. I'm just absolutely thrilled with the camera. It looks amazing. I can't find anything wrong with it other than the teeniest, tiniest nick in the paint on the top, right near the hot shoe. Also, with the lens attached, it's actually a bit *lighter* in weight than my 10D wearing the same lens (EF 24-105mm f/4L), which was a pleasant surprise. :D

SO HAPPY!!

Karen C.

Karen C.

Dan ­ C
783 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 16, 2012 14:26 |  #4239

Scott911 wrote in post #14701068 (external link)
You're luck will change when you embrace this nifty little thing called the period! :p

Before you become the grammar police you should check your own post.

5D2 || Σ 50 1.4 || 24-105L || 430EX ||
Gear and Feedback || Smugmug (external link) || I prefer to receive emails instead of PMs; please send me an Email by clicking my username.

jnaks
474 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jul 16, 2012 14:44 |  #4240

Scott911 wrote in post #14701068 (external link)

Dan C wrote in post #14724847 (external link)
Before you become the grammar police you should check your own post.

lol.

If you can read this, you don't need a macro | 7D + 5DIII + Waaaay too much spent....

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
16,023 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 16, 2012 15:46 as a reply to  @ jnaks's post |  #4241

The 24-105 and 17-40 are available as of a minute ago.

Sony A7riii/A9 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - SY 24/2.8 - FE 28/2 - FE 35/2.8 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8 - Tamron 17-28/2.8 - 28-75/2.8 RXD, 70-200/2.8 VC

TheRightLight
295 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 16, 2012 18:27 |  #4242
bannedPermanent ban

Charlie wrote in post #14725296 (external link)
The 24-105 and 17-40 are available as of a minute ago.

I've given up on trying to find the 70-200 IS f/2.8 *in stock.*

It just isn't going to happen. Now I must decide: Used, or New?

Marketplace Feedback:
As a Seller: One. Two. Three. As a Buyer: Link.
My Ebay Account: 100% Positive Feedback. (external link)

Scott911
25 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 17, 2012 09:23 as a reply to  @ jnaks's post |  #4243

point taken Dan - but I think there's a difference between my error, and the poster in question.
His typical post is a massive-string-o-words which induces dizzyness!

tagakweens
Goldmember
1,027 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jul 17, 2012 14:29 |  #4244

lens in stock now... including 24-70 and lots more

Geckotek
193 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 17, 2012 14:43 |  #4245

Scott911 wrote in post #14728859 (external link)
point taken Dan - but I think there's a difference between my error, and the poster in question.
His typical post is a massive-string-o-words which induces dizzyness!

I second this sentiment.

tagakweens wrote in post #14730386 (external link)
lens in stock now... including 24-70 and lots more

YES!! Now, to get it now....or wait when the vII comes out and a ton of them are dumped onto the market. :confused:

5D Mark II | 24-70L | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 40 Pancake | 50 1.8 II
Photoshelter (external link) | Facebook (external link) | flickr (external link)

sponsored links

444,988 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon Loyalty Program - FAQ's
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.