Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 15 Jul 2012 (Sunday) 03:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

PPA, insurance question

LONDON808
872 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 15, 2012 03:06 |  #1

Just got an e-mail from client saying that the hall they have booked required them to be named as additional insured, i know my old insurance company would do this dose any one know if the PPA liability insurance covers this as well. ( i have to call them Monday to find out but maybe some one has dealt with this already)

This is what the e-mail quoted - it was longer but this is the important part

The resolution states that effective immediately, such rental equipment will not be
permitted on XXXXXXXX property for private functions. Any home owner with a
previously completed rental agreement that indicated rental equipment was
being brought on to the property is now required to obtain a "special
events" insurance policy naming the Association as an additional insured
party.

View My Flickr (external link)

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,104 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 16, 2012 08:10 |  #2

But they don't give you any idea of what limits they want? That is strange. If you want people to be listed as additional insureds, then you need to tell them what limits you want to be insured for at a minimum, and also what needs to be insured. -insured for x amount auto insurance, x amount liability, workers comp, etc...

Thomas ­ Campbell
Goldmember
2,105 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 16, 2012 08:12 |  #3

$1million of liability is pretty much standard. If you have legit liability insurance, then that won't be a problem.

PPA gives you errors and omissions coverage, which is different, unless you bought a special policy on top of your membership.

Houston Wedding Photographer (external link)
Houston Sports Photographer (external link)
Current Gear List

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,092 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Jul 16, 2012 11:11 |  #4

That is why, even though I'm a member of PPA, I use a local insurance agent. It's easy for me to call him up and ask for those certificates, then drop by and pick it up.

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

sticknpuck
205 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jul 17, 2012 13:05 |  #5

They are also referring to a special event policy which is likely different that the coverage being provided by your association policy. Without the wording of your assn policy its impossible to know for sure, but my guess is that the intent is to only provide coverage for your operations as a photog and not the liability for the entire event being booked by your client. Your client should call their broker and obtain a special event policy. These can typically be purchased for $100-$200 and additional insured requirements naming the event location are standard practice. Coverage for liquor liability can also be included to better protect your client.

Matt
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,198 views & 0 likes for this thread
PPA, insurance question
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.