Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
Wendelius
773 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 19, 2012 04:19 as a reply to  @ post 14738425 |  #46

I love all the Torch Relay pictures. It's going to pass through Lewisham and Catford on Monday morning (external link), when my teacher wife and my daughter will conveniently and at last be done with school.

I think you guys have convinced me to get up early to go see it. :)

How long in advance did you get there?

Wendy

sponsored links
souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jul 19, 2012 04:34 as a reply to  @ Wendelius's post |  #47

Wendelius wrote in post #14736679 (external link)
I've got tickets to the Men's Sabre rounds and quarter finals. I don't think I've ever seen sabre, so it will be something new. :cool:

That sounds like the same PDF document they sent me and which I linked in my message: http://www.london2012.​com …teditemslists_N​eutral.pdf (external link)

It also mentions that:

Now what this says to me is that, with a printed version of these rules, I should be OK. There is nothing about not bringing a DSLR. But it's annoying to have to take a gamble with this kind of opportunity...

I'm not sure I would risk a monopod though as it's specifically listed.

Wendy

Yes, sorry. That's the same one I was referring to. My reading comprehension isn't that great :)

Seems like the 70-200's are ok then.

Sabre is fun to watch, lots (LOTS!) of shouting. It's the fastest of the 3 weapons, I often don't have a clue what's happening. Nor do the judges, so they seem to award points based on who shouts the loudest after landing a hit. You'll see :)

Nice shot Mike :)

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

Jonathan
Cream of the Crop
7,019 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 19, 2012 04:40 |  #48

Nice capture Mike.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Winston Churchill

My blog siteexternal link
My Gear List
My Flickrexternal link

Dr ­ D
Goldmember
1,417 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 19, 2012 04:42 |  #49

Nice photo Mike - I see you were up the other end of Sandwich, whereas I was perched 50 ft from my desk at the Pfizer site. Work computer doesn't have photoshop so I'm going to have to process these later tonight.

Dennis
5D2 ▪ 17-40L ▪ 24-70L ▪ 35L ▪ 70-200 2.8L
Flickr (external link)5∞px (external link)photosbydenn.is (external link) [Under construction] ▪ urbex.photosbydenn.is (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Jul 19, 2012 04:44 |  #50

Thanks, Wendy - we were there about 30 minutes early although 10 minutes would have been ok. There were people handing out free stuff (Coca Cola merchandise) and it was a bit of a carnival atmosphere which was fun.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Dr ­ D
Goldmember
1,417 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 19, 2012 04:48 |  #51

The Coke bus must have run out as they gave us diddly squat on our end :) You could also spot that Lloyds TSB is government owned as it was getting around in a 40 year old leyland bus as opposed to the 12 plate buses of the other companies :D

Dennis
5D2 ▪ 17-40L ▪ 24-70L ▪ 35L ▪ 70-200 2.8L
Flickr (external link)5∞px (external link)photosbydenn.is (external link) [Under construction] ▪ urbex.photosbydenn.is (external link)

Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 19, 2012 05:14 |  #52

Nice shot, Mike!

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

richardpardon
467 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2012 06:31 |  #53

Afternoon all, checking in on the new thread.

That image of the cat with tie is cracking, almost as if he/she's adopted the pose specifically!

A couple of new updates from me, been really busy lately (which is great!)...

Not sure if anyone remembers, but a little while ago I photographed Evanta's "Aston Martin DB4/BD7 GT Zagato Concept'. Their next car is almost finished and I headed to the paint booth for a sneak preview:

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7117/7598893052_5c8b31976a_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …richardpardon/7​598893052/  (external link)
Evanta's Aston Martin DBR1 (external link) by Richard Pardon | Photographer (external link), on Flickr

It's an Aston Martin DBR1 replica with V8 engine painted in Californian Sage Green. As close to the original car as i'll ever get!

Next up is another "I Am..." Series feature. He's Britain's leading Table Tennis medallist of all time at the Commonwealth games and a Team GB Olympian, Andrew Baggaley is the next feature.

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7248/7602753928_672acf2a86_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …richardpardon/7​602753928/  (external link)
"I Am..." an Olympic Table Tennis Player (external link) by Richard Pardon | Photographer (external link), on Flickr

For the full story and further images of Andrew, you can read the blog here: http://blog.richardpar​don.co.uk/?p=2317 (external link)

Thanks for looking all, comments welcome! :-)

Edit: If anyone prefers 500PX, just uploaded them there but have no idea how to directly link yet...

DBR1 : http://500px.com/photo​/10060233 (external link)
Table Tennis: http://500px.com/photo​/10060169 (external link)

Richard Pardon | Photographer - Website (external link)
Richard Pardon | Photographer - Blog (external link)
Richard Pardon | Photographer - Flickr (external link)
Richard Pardon | Photographer - Twitter (external link)
Richard Pardon | Photographer - Facebook (external link)

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jul 19, 2012 06:59 |  #54

Cracking shot Mike! :D

A friend of mine desperately needs to re-home her cat, she was lead to believe it was for her to move I to the new house but was told yesterday it couldn't happen, they are moving in tomorrow!!

She is called Gizmo, neutered, chipped and fully upto date with her vaccinations.. Can anyone here help? Thanks..

1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

Wendelius
773 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 19, 2012 07:14 |  #55

richardpardon wrote in post #14738881 (external link)
Next up is another "I Am..." Series feature. He's Britain's leading Table Tennis medallist of all time at the Commonwealth games and a Team GB Olympian, Andrew Baggaley is the next feature.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …richardpardon/7​602753928/  (external link)
"I Am..." an Olympic Table Tennis Player (external link) by Richard Pardon | Photographer (external link), on Flickr

I love this shot. Thanks for sharing it!

Wendy

Kaben
Cream of the Crop
6,408 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jul 19, 2012 07:43 |  #56

Awesome shots as always Richard, love the perspective on the table tennis shot especially.

Would love to know how you go about contacting these athletes to arrange the shoots. Do you have an agency you work through or do you find their details and contact them directly?

Rob
My Gear []
My 500px [] (external link) My Flickr [] (external link)
BridgensPhotography.co​.uk (external link)WorldWar2Photography.c​o.uk (external link)
At Least Dreams Are Free

richardpardon
467 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2012 08:41 |  #57

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Kaben wrote in post #14739064 (external link)
Awesome shots as always Richard, love the perspective on the table tennis shot especially.

Would love to know how you go about contacting these athletes to arrange the shoots. Do you have an agency you work through or do you find their details and contact them directly?

All of the photoshoots have been arranged directly with myself and the person in question. Would love to be affiliated with an agency one day for larger commissions but i'm not sure how easy it is to get representation :)

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jul 19, 2012 08:49 |  #58

Do you approach them with an idea, get them agree then sting em with a bill? Lol..

Both cracking shots! :D

1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

richardpardon
467 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2012 08:53 |  #59

Matt Peters wrote in post #14739333 (external link)
Do you approach them with an idea, get them agree then sting em with a bill? Lol..

Both cracking shots! :D

"I Am..." Series is a personal project and all the shoots are free in return for their time/cooperation. I have some ideas of where to go with the series once it's a bit more substantial, fingers crossed and watch this space :D:lol:

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,904 posts
Gallery: 216 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Jul 19, 2012 09:19 |  #60

Nice shot Mike.

Mike wrote in post #14738691 (external link)
Thanks, Wendy - we were there about 30 minutes early although 10 minutes would have been ok. There were people handing out free stuff (Coca Cola merchandise) and it was a bit of a carnival atmosphere which was fun.

Dr D wrote in post #14738701 (external link)
The Coke bus must have run out as they gave us diddly squat on our end :smile: You could also spot that Lloyds TSB is government owned as it was getting around in a 40 year old leyland bus as opposed to the 12 plate buses of the other companies :grin:

I think it depends on where you are and if there are going to be any media about as to how much stuff Coke and Samsung hand out as in Folkestone town center lots was handed out nothing up my road but where the flame was handed over there was more stuff handed out. I liked the Lloyd's bus much more style than the Coke and Samsung vehicles, and quieter.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

sponsored links

979,755 views & 2 likes for this thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.