Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 13 Jul 2012 (Friday) 00:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5dmk3 with LR3?

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,422 posts
Gallery: 217 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Jul 20, 2012 13:37 |  #31

pdx_btk78 wrote in post #14744914 (external link)
I'm still using LR3 with DNG converter from adobe for processing my 5D3 files. The reason is because all of the reviews I've, the biggest compliant is the processing speed in LR4.1 seems to slow down a lot over time at least for the windows version. So I'm staying away from it for now until they have it fixed. The reviews on Amazon says that even the Adobe developers acknowledge that this issue exist, but doesn't seem to have a fix for it.

Anybody running LR4 on windows have the slow down issues?

Yes and no. If I'm doing a lot of cloning/healing it will start to slow down, but this is partly because of how LR handles these functions compared to PS. Also, if you do lens corrections first it can slow things down a bit. Another area is TIFF files after they come back from PS. I personally think this has to do with how PS compresses the TIFF when done as a Save, since I don't have this issue with TIFF files generated for/from plug-ins like Photomatix or even Perfect Resize. Of course, I'm running an AMD 1090T 6 core processor and 16GB of RAM which I'm sure helps things out a bit.
Once I downloaded LR4 I could have literally kicked myself for waiting.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Jerph
30 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 20, 2012 13:54 |  #32

LR4 is worth the upgrade.

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure you could get the updates to process RAW files for free. Anyone know for sure?

taygull
Goldmember
3,091 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jul 20, 2012 14:35 |  #33

Heck with all of them! Go back to shooting film!

www.chrisfritchiestudi​os.com (external link)
McKinney, TX

darosk
Goldmember
2,806 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 20, 2012 14:39 |  #34

Been using windows since 3.1. 7 is a great version, one of my favorites - and a worthwhile upgrade.

Been using Lightroom since LR2. I only upgraded because I couldn't be arsed to fiddle with alternate methods of working with the 5DIII files :D Messes with my workflow ;)

Tumblr (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Youtube (external link)
Gear

Colorblinded
Goldmember
2,678 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Jul 2007

Jul 22, 2012 12:45 |  #35

Funny enough, XP was the OS I never fell in love with. It didn't significantly change things from Win 2K for me which is why I stayed on Win 2K for quite a while.

Vista, poor misunderstood and hated Vista, was an improvement for me because of several things. Primarily it was the improved ability to handle and actually use large amounts of RAM and multi-core processors more effectively. Vista had a high cost of entry in terms of hardware performance but once you passed it, then it was worth using. It wasn't perfect (no OS is) and a lot of third party companies really messed up their driver support. OEMs also had a habit of loading it on systems that really weren't up to the task and then bogging it down further with crud (MS, for some reason, thought machines that weren't "Vista ready" were).

Win 7 is really Vista part 2. It scales better to slower hardware and of course everyone else was finally getting used to the idea that we wouldn't be using or writing software and drivers just for Win XP forever. I have Win 7 running on a 1.6Ghz Pentium M laptop with 1.5GB RAM. It runs quite well. That's not a system I would run Vista on but I wouldn't really hold that against Vista. MS had its sights set too far ahead when people really weren't ready for it (and made mistakes, particularly in how they marketed and sold Vista). To actually pull off an OS9-to-OSX transition style maneuver seems likely to be impossible for MS because of the resistance in their install base and all the companies that contribute to the Windows ecosystem. OSX was quite disruptive in the Apple community.

http://www.colorblinde​dphoto.com (external link)
http://www.thecolorbli​ndphotographer.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5,474 views & 0 likes for this thread
5dmk3 with LR3?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.