Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Jul 2012 (Sunday) 13:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS M officially announced

touji
882 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jul 24, 2012 20:48 as a reply to  @ post 14764911 |  #406

Since it won't weigh so much (depending on your lens), you can get by with a small and cheap tripod.

Edit: With mounting on the tripod ring, you might still be able to get by.

5D Mark III | Gripped 60D | EOS M | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II | Canon 8-15mm f4L | Canon 50mm f1.8II | Canon 100L | Tamron 150-600mm
flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
Shooting Since 10/16/2011!

sponsored links
DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,904 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 24, 2012 20:50 |  #407

touji wrote in post #14764871 (external link)
That's just you not thinking straight! ;)
I think it'll be nice using the EOS-M on a tripod. Since it won't weigh so much (depending on your lens), you can get by with a small and cheap tripod. No longer will you have to travel with your Gitzo or what have you, but with a no-name $10 tripod!

the more i think about it the more i think i could maybe get one, and just pair it with one fast prime and basically use it as a smaller back up camera/some place i wouldn't want to bring a DSLR...although i'm thinking 22mm f2 prime is a little to wide for me...i'll be interested to see what other lenses come down the pipe-line...but i'll still wait for one with a viewfinder :)

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

touji
882 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jul 24, 2012 20:52 |  #408

DreDaze wrote in post #14764923 (external link)
the more i think about it the more i think i could maybe get one, and just pair it with one fast prime and basically use it as a smaller back up camera/some place i wouldn't want to bring a DSLR...although i'm thinking 22mm f2 prime is a little to wide for me...i'll be interested to see what other lenses come down the pipe-line...but i'll still wait for one with a viewfinder :)

Hopefully the current model will drop in price and a newer model with a VF will replace it at the same price point. We can only hope though.

5D Mark III | Gripped 60D | EOS M | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II | Canon 8-15mm f4L | Canon 50mm f1.8II | Canon 100L | Tamron 150-600mm
flickr (external link)
500px (external link)
Shooting Since 10/16/2011!

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 20:52 |  #409
bannedBack in 3 months

krb wrote in post #14764874 (external link)
If you can't handle composing a shot without a viewfinder that is your problem. Please don't project your shortcomings onto the rest of us.

Just my observation of the many photogs that use a camera without a viewfinder. Sure, there are a few photogs that might take their time and painstakingly compose through the LCD...but that sure in Hell is not close to be the norm. Where do you see all these photographers that are making great compositions with their viewfinderless cameras. They use them to capture the moment in a snapshot.

So, please don't project your make believe world on the rest of us...because I just don't see it in the world I live in. P&S without viewfinders are taking snapshots.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 20:55 |  #410
bannedBack in 3 months

gregnash wrote in post #14764885 (external link)
Love it... awesome generalization. Guess guilty by association counts in the camera world as well. Because ALL USER of this camera will do exactly that. Thanks for the clarification, guess I need to go make my e-penis bigger by buying a 5DIII with tons of red rings to go along with it.

If that is what floats your boat, I guess you should. Or, if you want a carry everywhere P&S camera that can take a decent snapshot, then purchase this latest offering. Your choice I guess.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 20:56 |  #411
bannedBack in 3 months

kumicho wrote in post #14764903 (external link)
*cough cough* Check sig *cough cough*

So why don't you own a S100?:)

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 20:57 |  #412
bannedBack in 3 months

touji wrote in post #14764911 (external link)
There are also a lot of P&S users on this forum that you put down as well ;)

Nah, they know they snapshots and are happy doing so.

coldcuts113
930 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 24, 2012 21:04 |  #413

This is getting a little crazy....

If you like it, buy it. If not, don't buy it.

Rumors are that a 2nd one will be released sometime this year.

Nikon D4, Sony RX10, Sony RX100.
Past Gear: (most recently) 5D3, L's, etc.

Yohan ­ Pamudji
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jul 24, 2012 21:06 |  #414

DarthVader wrote in post #14764801 (external link)
For me anything that's slow to focus, doesn't have decent AI Servo, long shutter lag, blah blah blah I consider them P&S. I could care less if it has EVF/OVF, made out of gold, cost $30,000 what have you.

That is the strangest definition of a P&S I've seen yet. All the medium and large format cameras are marching on your house right now in protest! Vader, this time you win the cake! :lol:

Take care, buddy. Don't get too hot under the collar. We're all just having fun here. Well, most of us anyway ;)

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Jul 24, 2012 21:09 |  #415

Hogloff wrote in post #14764932 (external link)
Just my observation of the many photogs that use a camera without a viewfinder. Sure, there are a few photogs that might take their time and painstakingly compose through the LCD...but that sure in Hell is not close to be the norm. Where do you see all these photographers that are making great compositions with their viewfinderless cameras. They use them to capture the moment in a snapshot.

So, please don't project your make believe world on the rest of us...because I just don't see it in the world I live in. P&S without viewfinders are taking snapshots.

Don't twist what you've been saying. You said that the viewfinder is necessary for composition and that anybody who uses the LCD is only creating snapshots.

Every landscape, architecture, product and macro photographer who uses live view while shooting disproves your theory. All of the people who managed to compose their shots using waist level finders on medium format cameras over the years disprove your theory. All of the people who have used been composing their shots the ground glass of large format cameras disprove your theory.

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

diableri
148 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 24, 2012 21:21 |  #416

krb wrote in post #14765003 (external link)
Don't twist what you've been saying. You said that the viewfinder is necessary for composition and that anybody who uses the LCD is only creating snapshots.

Every landscape, architecture, product and macro photographer who uses live view while shooting disproves your theory. All of the people who managed to compose their shots using waist level finders on medium format cameras over the years disprove your theory. All of the people who have used been composing their shots the ground glass of large format cameras disprove your theory.

To be fair, after lighting and settings; I really did just point and shoot all those medium format exposures for years. :p I'd have killed for a color correct live view monitor and preview.

Tom ­ W
Canon Fanosapien
12,743 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Jul 24, 2012 21:21 |  #417

RPCrowe wrote in post #14764794 (external link)
Biting one's lip as the frame is exposed ensures good IQ (Page 33887 of the user's manual - LOL)

The question is, did he get the shot that he wanted...

Tom
5D III, 70D, & various lenses

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 21:28 |  #418
bannedBack in 3 months

krb wrote in post #14765003 (external link)

Yes, in fact I use my 5d2 predomintory for landscape using liveview...but that is not how I see people using their P&S cameras. I see them looking quickly at arms length at their LCD and snapping a shot. No concentration on composition, no paying attention to exposure etc... IE...snapshots. That is how I see all P&S, cameras without viewfinders, being used. Show me examples of P&S or cameras without viewfinders that are being used to meticulously compose a photo. I can show you millions of examples of photogs usings their Viewfinderless cameras at arms length just taking snapshots.

Hogloff
Cream of the Crop
7,606 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Jul 24, 2012 21:29 |  #419
bannedBack in 3 months

Tom W wrote in post #14765043 (external link)
The question is, did he get the shot that he wanted...

The bigger question is, did he have a shot in mind, or would any shot do?:)

kumicho
402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 24, 2012 21:30 |  #420

Hogloff wrote in post #14765068 (external link)
Yes, in fact I use my 5d2 predomintory for landscape using liveview...but that is not how I see people using their P&S cameras. I see them looking quickly at arms length at their LCD and snapping a shot. No concentration on composition, no paying attention to exposure etc... IE...snapshots. That is how I see all P&S, cameras without viewfinders, being used. Show me examples of P&S or cameras without viewfinders that are being used to meticulously compose a photo. I can show you millions of examples of photogs usings their Viewfinderless cameras at arms length just taking snapshots.

Good grief, now I *know* you're just trolling....

Canon 400d
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Canon 100mm f/2.0
Canon EOS M
Canon 22mm f/2.0

sponsored links

110,006 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS M officially announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.