Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 14 Jul 2012 (Saturday) 01:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Outdoor wedding, should I be worried?!

EricaBreetoe
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:42 |  #106
bannedPermanent ban

DreDaze wrote in post #14766066 (external link)
Can you try a 'highlights and shadows' adjustment?

Where can i find that? i looked through the raw settings breifly and didnt see it

sponsored links
EricaBreetoe
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:44 |  #107
bannedPermanent ban

p.s. the bride is already asking for pics, -_- raw takes sooo long.i have already reconized the photos i want to present to her started working on them, but i'm not even at the halfway point yet , sigh

maatt
241 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:57 |  #108

EricaBreetoe wrote in post #14766090 (external link)
p.s. the bride is already asking for pics, -_- raw takes sooo long.i have already reconized the photos i want to present to her started working on them, but i'm not even at the halfway point yet , sigh

I'd give her a time frame on all of this. ~1 week or so. Don't rush any of this, you'll just end up with lovely photos that turned to crap from you trying to rush and please her.

e=mc ** 2

EricaBreetoe
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:58 |  #109
bannedPermanent ban

sloanbj wrote in post #14765886 (external link)
Did you get any shots of you slapping Granny?

When i think back to saturday Granny stands out to me more than anything else. What a nightmare! i remember at one point i was tying flowers together she came into the room and said "wheres the cute little photographer?" in a sassy tone, i was like i'm right here, without even looking back at her. at the end of the day she thanked me for comming over and taking photos, and suggested that i check out the rest of "her" island, meaning to leave her house, which made things more awkward than they needed to be because the taxi took awhile to pick us up. blah. i need to let it go that some people are so uptight, its just so hard to accept. what if this happeneds again in the future? i dont even know if i am willing to take photos for an upperclass family ever again

EricaBreetoe
THREAD ­ STARTER
84 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 01:59 |  #110
bannedPermanent ban

i said i would send her a preview within a few days, its going to be a grind but she'll get her preview.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,185 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 25, 2012 02:00 |  #111

EricaBreetoe wrote in post #14766085 (external link)
Where can i find that? i looked through the raw settings breifly and didnt see it

i'm not sure about raw, but in photoshop it's under Image>Adjustments>shadows/highlights

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 25, 2012 04:52 |  #112

EricaBreetoe wrote in post #14766033 (external link)
well right now i am looking at a photo that is important, its the grooms face as he sees the bride in her dress, his white tux is completely blown, but if i tilt my laptop screen back all the details are still there. im not sure how i can darken his tux without touching his skin tone, i have tried making layers and manually selecting his tux, but it just doesnt seem right. :(

I doesn't sound blown. Just note that most laptop screens are pretty bad. They won't show you anywhere near the full spectrum of tones that the file itself will contain. Chances are it won't be calibrated or anything, either.

It's not impossible, but just keep it in mind when editing. It might worth viewing your images on a few other computers to judge, rather than just use the one laptop monitor, unless you know the colour of that monitor inside and out.

Scooby888
264 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 25, 2012 05:08 |  #113

EricaBreetoe wrote in post #14766120 (external link)
i said i would send her a preview within a few days, its going to be a grind but she'll get her preview.

Bit of advise on post if I may.

Give yourself enough time to do this over a few days and don't try and finish all the images in one pass as you need time to leave them and go back to them. You'll then have a much better eye for refining them.

Two weeks to get Wedding images back is fairly typical so you have enough time.

End of the day, take as much time as you need to get them just as you want. I always work on the basis that the last set of photo's I present should be the best you've ever done.

5DII Gripped, 7D Gripped, Canon 60D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Canon 17-55 f2.8, Tokina 50-135 f2.8, Canon 24-70 f2.8 L, Canon 24-105 L f4, Canon 70-200 f4 L IS, Canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L, Canon EF 100 L Macro f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 1.4tc mkii, Speedlite 580ii, 2x Speedlite 430ii, Monfrotto tripods

mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 25, 2012 05:39 |  #114

Scooby888 wrote in post #14766431 (external link)
Bit of advise on post if I may.

Give yourself enough time to do this over a few days and don't try and finish all the images in one pass as you need time to leave them and go back to them. You'll then have a much better eye for refining them.

Two weeks to get Wedding images back is fairly typical so you have enough time.

End of the day, take as much time as you need to get them just as you want. I always work on the basis that the last set of photo's I present should be the best you've ever done.

Good advice.

When I did it, it was awesome to go back and look at them later. You know a picture is good if you still like it days later.

lensfreak
484 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 06:21 |  #115

Yes, I would be worried if it was my first wedding. Your going to deal with a WOMEN who thinks everything that should be 1000000% her way and anything you do can't be right if her mother says its not.

goodluck and have fun, you'll be ok

Den

mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 25, 2012 06:26 |  #116

lensfreak wrote in post #14766553 (external link)
Yes, I would be worried if it was my first wedding. Your going to deal with a WOMEN who thinks everything that should be 1000000% her way and anything you do can't be right if her mother says its not.

goodluck and have fun, you'll be ok

Den

Um she's been and done it already.

SJC ­ from ­ VT
Cream of the Crop
7,071 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 25, 2012 09:39 |  #117

Looking forward to seeing some of your shots. Great thread!

*Sandy* "If we all had positive attitudes...we could change the world"
7D ll and 60D plus some other stuff! My Flickr http://flic.kr/ps/FEPL​p (external link)

strcmp
36 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jul 25, 2012 13:22 |  #118

tagnal wrote in post #14763484 (external link)
Well, I'm sure all their stuff is insured just like my gear is. Plus, they probably felt comfortable knowing that I was shooting with a 5D3 and L glass myself already.

I see.. perhaps it's just me, but I'd be annoyed if a random stranger dropped my lens and i had to go through the hassle of trying to claim something against insurance (which could take days or weeks), or have to go buy another replacement. Also not to mention that my lens won't be available + ready to use for the next shooting gig (which could be the very next day).

To me it's not worth the risk of having some random stranger using my gear :)
To each his own haha.

Scooby888
264 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 25, 2012 14:01 |  #119

strcmp wrote in post #14768187 (external link)
I see.. perhaps it's just me, but I'd be annoyed if a random stranger dropped my lens and i had to go through the hassle of trying to claim something against insurance (which could take days or weeks), or have to go buy another replacement. Also not to mention that my lens won't be available + ready to use for the next shooting gig (which could be the very next day).

To me it's not worth the risk of having some random stranger using my gear :)
To each his own haha.

I agree, no one borrows my stuff just in case. Nothing to gain, everything to lose. Why would someone do that.

5DII Gripped, 7D Gripped, Canon 60D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Canon 17-55 f2.8, Tokina 50-135 f2.8, Canon 24-70 f2.8 L, Canon 24-105 L f4, Canon 70-200 f4 L IS, Canon 70-200 f2.8 L IS, Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L, Canon EF 100 L Macro f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 1.4tc mkii, Speedlite 580ii, 2x Speedlite 430ii, Monfrotto tripods

h14nha
Goldmember
2,048 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Nov 2008

Jul 25, 2012 15:02 |  #120

EricaBreetoe wrote in post #14766116 (external link)
When i think back to saturday Granny stands out to me more than anything else. What a nightmare! i remember at one point i was tying flowers together she came into the room and said "wheres the cute little photographer?" in a sassy tone, i was like i'm right here, without even looking back at her. at the end of the day she thanked me for comming over and taking photos, and suggested that i check out the rest of "her" island, meaning to leave her house, which made things more awkward than they needed to be because the taxi took awhile to pick us up. blah. i need to let it go that some people are so uptight, its just so hard to accept. what if this happeneds again in the future? i dont even know if i am willing to take photos for an upperclass family ever again

Sounds more like "no class" to me. Money breeds ignorance if you ask me, don't be intimidated by the likes of her. She's from a generation where they say the young are rude. Sounds to me, like you could give her a lesson in manners :)
I just did a christening for my GF's brother. I'd never even been to one before so didn't know what to expect ??? I didn't get the shots I had planned either. Same thing, people want to hit the bar as fast as they can.
I turned up with my 7d, 17-55, 70-200 and 430II. Took a look in the church and thought oh oh. Some natural window light and very yellow light bulbs to contend with. I converted to BW.
I don't shoot people, wildlife and landscapes are my thing, and as it was my GF's family I did it for ziltch so they got what I could get.
TAKE YOUR TIME EDITING. IF THE PICS/YOU AREN'T READY, THEN TOUGH. IT TAKES WHAT IT TAKES !!!!!
I'll post a one so people can chime in and slam it/me. Hopefully yours will be better, so the thread can only look up from this............
It was my first outing with flash. A schoolboy error I made was not asking if the vicar was left or right handed. Consequentley I was stood on the wrong side of the alter to get a face on shot when the water was splashed on Olivers forehead OOOPS :o
I never had much feed back after, so I don't know if they loved/hated them. Saying that, I never really had much in the way of a thank you either.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Ian
There's no fool like an old skool fool :D
myflickr (external link)
My Gear - 7d, / 16-35mm F4 / 70-200 2.8 II / 100-400 / 300mm 2.8 / 500/4 :D XT-1 Graphite 18/35/56

sponsored links

23,721 views & 0 likes for this thread
Outdoor wedding, should I be worried?!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.