Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 23:51
Search threadPrev/next

Married and shooting models

Panoz
195 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 25, 2012 07:43 |  #121

You DO get that kind of dirty fooling around if you're doing it right...

charlesu wrote in post #12920045 (external link)
Not an issue. But then 20 years ago my wife modeled for me and assisted at other shoots. She knows when I come home from a shoot sweaty, filthy and exhausted that it's from legitimate work. You don't get that kind of dirty from fooling around.

Canon G12, Canon 5D MkII, Canon 24-105 L, Sigma 16mm fisheye

digirebelva
Goldmember
3,972 posts
Gallery: 367 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 25, 2012 08:01 |  #122

togish1 wrote in post #14323961 (external link)
im glad i saw this post...ive been dating my gf for a year...2 if you count the year we werent official...she didnt care much about me shooting models and half naked women...but after that magical one year mark, it shifted....and she is the one who i will marry in the future, no doubt about it....and she does trust me, there are no trust issues

at times she doesnt care, and then she does...she asks why i dont take photos of her...and my honest answer which i told her is that i dont want to mix my photography with my relationship because then i have to judge, make adjustments in photoshop, fix this, fix that, and if she doesnt like it, then i have to fix what she doesnt like....i just dont want to get into that, as i know this will lead to arguments...am i wrong? I could care less about what other model i shoot, i can judge them for myself all i want and they wont know about it...i dont know if this is coming out the way i want it to, but that sums it up.

I have been saving a shoot for my gf for months now and she knows this and she doesnt want to do the shoot any time i ask her to....so she doesnt have the drive for it either, but then it gets brought up every now and then about me not shooting her...any advice?

Then shoot her...what woman doesnt want to think of themselves as pretty enough to be in front of a enthusiastic photographer that just happens to be their SO...put the shoe on the other foot, if she was the photographer and never shot you, even though you occasionally brought it up that you were interested, what would be your reaction. Her overall mood may well change about it, but if you never shoot her, you will never know..;)

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Apr 25, 2012 09:27 |  #123

digirebelva wrote in post #14325461 (external link)
Then shoot her...what woman doesnt want to think of themselves as pretty enough to be in front of a enthusiastic photographer that just happens to be their SO...put the shoe on the other foot, if she was the photographer and never shot you, even though you occasionally brought it up that you were interested, what would be your reaction. Her overall mood may well change about it, but if you never shoot her, you will never know..;)

I agree. Shoot her, and for the purposes of the shoot, treat her like a regular client - pose her, direct her, and (if necessary) photoshop her, just like you would anyone else. Schedule a time with her and pick a place - maybe even rent a hotel room and make a nice weekend of it.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

inhousestudiosatl
36 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 29, 2012 20:11 |  #124
bannedPermanent ban

When i do these shoots i have a female assistant so there want be any conflict

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,267 posts
Joined Jul 2006

May 30, 2012 11:58 |  #125

nathancarter wrote in post #14325883 (external link)
I agree. Shoot her, and for the purposes of the shoot, treat her like a regular client - pose her, direct her, and (if necessary) photoshop her, just like you would anyone else. Schedule a time with her and pick a place - maybe even rent a hotel room and make a nice weekend of it.

I'm betting you better treat her better than any client!

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jul 25, 2012 22:02 as a reply to  @ hawk911's post |  #126

Gee this is my longest post.....hahaha Just had a chat with the wife and she's willing to do some private fine arts stuff :-) I've been shooting a lot of Glamour and I do give my wife credit for being cool about me shooting Glamour stuff.

When were together and the conversation of my hobby comes up, most all wives and GF's say...you let your husband do that??

My girl that cuts my hair looked at my stuff and she said the same thing...your wife lets you do that???

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
Bodies:5D Infared 5D MK II/5D MKIII 4 Travellites 750R
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II
(3) 430EX/(3) remotes/2umbrellas plus assortment of defusers

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,267 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 26, 2012 10:59 |  #127

yes--- it's a taboo thing.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

japanbran
25 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 23, 2014 16:19 |  #128

not an issue for me.. sometimes my girl will come as an assistant to help with posing and stuff

5D Mark III Gripped/60D Gripped/70-200mm f2.8/24-105 f4 L/100mm 2.8 USM Macro/50mm 1.4 USM/17-50 f2.8/and some flashes and stuff.

geo35
518 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 25, 2014 07:21 |  #129

I've been shooting now for over 40 years. I've never been married, but had a few serious (and more than a few un-serious) girlfriends. A couple were obviously uncomfortable with it, some were downright jealous. But my best girlfriend used to say, "I don't care where he gets his appetite, as long as he eats at home."

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,893 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jan 28, 2014 16:59 |  #130

geo35 wrote in post #16635286 (external link)
I've been shooting now for over 40 years. I've never been married, but had a few serious (and more than a few un-serious) girlfriends. A couple were obviously uncomfortable with it, some were downright jealous. But my best girlfriend used to say, "I don't care where he gets his appetite, as long as he eats at home."

Ba ha ha ha!!! Thats awesome!

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

TroyRaymond
221 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 30, 2014 14:19 as a reply to  @ post 13668441 |  #131

My wife doesn't care if they're clothed or not, we've been married 14 years and only last year started photographing people. Her thoughts are more toward she's got free time to herself. She's also said, "If they wanted you, it's only a matter of time before they send you back." ;)

I just reread some of the earlier posts concerning models half your wives age. Do they actually think a model that young would want an old guy? Most are the same age as my daughter and are more excited to see their significant other after the shoot. Just because they can pull off a seductive look doesn't mean they are interested. To them it is just a job.

As far as "why don't you photograph other things?", I photograph whatever pays. I'm sure if it were half naked guys, she'd be sitting right next to me watching the post processing.... or helping on the shoot!

burnet44
Cream of the Crop
7,732 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 30, 2014 16:41 |  #132

I'd just like to eat

Canon 70D Gripped, Canon 1DII, 7D2 Canon gripped 70-200 2.8 ISM II, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Canon 400 5.6 on loan, Canon 1.4 TC, Canon 550 EX flash
C and C welcome, Brutality Encouraged, Help Always Welcome Editing OK
www.firstdownphotos.ph​otoreflect.com (external link)
Flicker Page http://www.flickr.com/​photos/72506283@N03/ (external link)

LightFactor
41 posts
Joined Jan 2014

Jan 30, 2014 22:46 |  #133

thats a good way to solve a problem...:lol:

nathancarter wrote in post #14325883 (external link)
I agree. Shoot her..

knak
97 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 14, 2014 08:57 |  #134

I've been married a few years (2nd marriage), my wife has been somewhat "okay" with me shooting female models, but is now starting to feel uncomfortable. She trusts me completely, but wants to know why I want to shoot women instead of landscape, macros, etc.

I'll admit, working with 20 something models (I'm late 40s) is fun and I am learning a lot about lighting and posing. I'll have to see how our continued conversations about this subject work out.

Any good recommendations for the discussion?

ericcrazyman
190 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2013

Feb 14, 2014 09:30 |  #135

Knak.
May or may not work, but tell her she is lucky you do not shoot stills for xxxrated movie companies. No, better not.

A photograph is worth a thousand words, but Photoshop can produce a thousand lies. Photo editing allowed. I need all the help I can get.

90,245 views & 62 likes for this thread
Married and shooting models
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.