Old WWII battleship USS Iowa has recently become a museum at the port of Los Angeles, so I decided to take a look and take some pictures.
The USS Iowa, is very thin and unfortunately not as photogenic as other od ships such as the Midway or the Queen Mary as there are no ornate decorations or furnishings, but it's nice to see a piece of history.
2. Rear cannons and the projectile and gun powder in the foreground.
3. I think these are 15 inch guns.
4. As you can see, the ship is very thin and slender, almost like a canoe shape, I'm sure to make the ship go fast.
5. View out from the bridge.
6. Inside the bridge is this bunker like control room with 17 inch thick steel walls where the ship is controlled during battles.
7. In one of the rooms, they have a panel of lcd's that gives you a sense of the view from the bridge during combat.