Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 17 Jul 2012 (Tuesday) 13:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rumor: New entry level FF Canon: 2000usd Price tag

boingy
Goldmember
1,052 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 19, 2012 09:45 |  #46

Talley wrote in post #14739083 (external link)
It'll never happen. Not all those features. Remember this is "Entry Level" and it will not have MA capability. They save that feature for the "Pro" cameras

You're probably right. Just got to wait and see I guess..

Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2012 13:20 |  #47

It'll never happen. Not all those features. Remember this is "Entry Level" and it will not have MA capability. They save that feature for the "Pro" cameras

My hope is they move the banding feature down to the entry level cameras.

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 25, 2012 18:20 as a reply to  @ rick_reno's post |  #48

If Canon is to survive what they need to do is take a real hard look at Sony. If I were them I'd keep the 7D active for a while [Spent the money on the new firmware] and bring out an equivalent 7D build quality, mag body , same size, MF, same FPS, reduce the crop to 1.5 or even 1.4 to improve the high ISO noise [I.e. beat Sonys A77] 24 MPS, 64 AF points, BUT go MIRRORLESS, EF and EFS Lens mount, fantastic Video and live view, no more clunk, crash, blank screen, 'dead view' [Sorry in comparison to the the A77 'live view is total crap - I know I've got one] , and put in HDR, and focus peaking AND somehow get the AF as good as the A77 [Blinding quick, razor sharp everytime and super-smart/intelligent [the A77 somehow seems to know what you want in focus] so the keeper rate is in the 90% area like the Sony. But still keep the 7D's ability to customise everything - so existing fans love it. Put in SD cards and eyefi tethering to iPads and Laptops.
It would then get such a good rep. No bad press about dogy IQ, Soft images, faulty AF systems etc. then they could then bring out a FF Mirrorless version to replace the 5DIII in say 2 years.
Oh and a stunning EVF like the A77.
If you disagree go hire a A77 for a few days and tell me honestly thats not the ONLY way to go.
And hell we can still enjoy our fabulous L series lenses.
If they don't do this so many people will finally wake up [especially if Sony's promised G series lenses ever appear] and face reality, stop justifying their purchasing decision and say it as it is.
Anyone disagree; here's a bet you watch Photokina in September I bet Sony comes out with a blinder of an A99!
My A99 prediction:- FF, HDR, WiFi tethering, 100+ AF points, 12 FPS +, 36 to 42 MPs, rocket science level AF performance, devastating full time AF Video and live view. Stunning IQ, reasonable noise at mid point ISO [they are no good at this]. Price $2,500 USD. [proving the point of a lower manufacturing cost on EVF and SLT mirrorless technology.
OK I'm ready for the well why did you buy a Canon 7D.

Canon EOS 5DS R, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x4 , YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold EOS 5D Mk III, 7D, EF 50mm F1.8, 430 EX Mk II, Bowens GM500Rs x4

EtherealZee
364 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 28, 2012 23:52 |  #49

boingy wrote in post #14737420 (external link)
Is that ever used as a figure of speech in Aussie?

Yes, but I'm becoming a grammar **** in my age, and am mortified by the way youth today seem to lack any understanding of the words they use - so I tell them the same thing (Insert good natured tongue in cheek emotican here).

Besides, it's fun to.. Erm.. Poke fun :)

Z...

EtherealZee
364 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jul 29, 2012 00:46 |  #50

Submariner wrote in post #14769430 (external link)
If Canon is to survive what they need to do is take a real hard look at Sony. If I were them I'd keep the 7D active for a while [Spent the money on the new firmware] and bring out an equivalent 7D build quality, mag body , same size, MF, same FPS, reduce the crop to 1.5 or even 1.4 to improve the high ISO noise [I.e. beat Sonys A77] 24 MPS, 64 AF points, BUT go MIRRORLESS, EF and EFS Lens mount, fantastic Video and live view, no more clunk, crash, blank screen, 'dead view' [Sorry in comparison to the the A77 'live view is total crap - I know I've got one] , and put in HDR, and focus peaking AND somehow get the AF as good as the A77 [Blinding quick, razor sharp everytime and super-smart/intelligent [the A77 somehow seems to know what you want in focus] so the keeper rate is in the 90% area like the Sony. But still keep the 7D's ability to customise everything - so existing fans love it. Put in SD cards and eyefi tethering to iPads and Laptops.
It would then get such a good rep. No bad press about dogy IQ, Soft images, faulty AF systems etc. then they could then bring out a FF Mirrorless version to replace the 5DIII in say 2 years.
If you disagree go hire a A77 for a few days and tell me honestly thats not the ONLY way to go.
If they don't do this so many people will finally wake up [especially if Sony's promised G series lenses ever appear] and face reality, stop justifying their purchasing decision and say it as it is.
Anyone disagree; here's a bet you watch Photokina in September I bet Sony comes out with a blinder of an A99!
My A99 prediction:- FF, HDR, WiFi tethering, 100+ AF points, 12 FPS +, 36 to 42 MPs, rocket science level AF performance, devastating full time AF Video and live view. Stunning IQ, reasonable noise at mid point ISO [they are no good at this]. Price $2,500 USD. [proving the point of a lower manufacturing cost on EVF and SLT mirrorless technology.

From memory, Sony (external link) is losing money, Canon (external link) is not... Though they are seeing their earnings drop.

Personaly, I've yet to see an EVF that I prefer to a DSLR viewfinder, though I am sure they day will come, and it'll be OLED, though I have yet to see the A77 viewfinder (and am not likely to).

In the interests of full disclosure, Sony is at the top of my "World's most evil companies" list, for various reasons - including the introduction of region zoning for DVD's/Blu Rays, installing a malware (external link) on to the pc's of people who paid for their music, to name two.

Z...

Talley
Talley Whacker
11,087 posts
Gallery: 46 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Jul 29, 2012 12:35 |  #51

Submariner wrote in post #14769430 (external link)

My very close cousin has an A77 and his ISO 1600 is noisy like my ISO 6400. It has some great features but the EVF is noisy under low light, it's burst mode creates a series of still images (which they fixed in the A55) It's 19 point AF is not up to part with Canon's. Remember canon's is all cross type while sony has only 11 cross type.

another thing that blows is his video mode only allows max of iso 1600 while canon has no limitation.

It's a nice camera for sure, I give it an A for effort and C- for function.

A7rIII | A7III | 12-24 F4 | 16-35 GM | 28-75 2.8 | 100-400 GM | 12mm 2.8 Fisheye | 35mm 2.8 | 85mm 1.8 | 35A | 85A | 200mm L F2 IS | MC-11
My Gear Archive

12Rock
635 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Jul 29, 2012 12:41 |  #52

can you give me a little more then 4FPS...please along with the outer slight upgrades

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 29, 2012 13:29 |  #53

EtherealZee wrote in post #14784340 (external link)
From memory, Sony (external link) is losing money, Canon (external link) is not... Though they are seeing their earnings drop.

Personaly, I've yet to see an EVF that I prefer to a DSLR viewfinder, though I am sure they day will come, and it'll be OLED, though I have yet to see the A77 viewfinder (and am not likely to).

In the interests of full disclosure, Sony is at the top of my "World's most evil companies" list, for various reasons - including the introduction of region zoning for DVD's/Blu Rays, installing a malware (external link) on to the pc's of people who paid for their music, to name two.

Z...

Well best to look first you will be surprised. Personally their current move of support was enough to make me jump camps . But I'll still remain objective on their sensors, As for losing money; the digital imaging business is the most profitable sector and singled out naturally by the new (april 2012) CEO. So this will drive them even harder!

Canon EOS 5DS R, Canon EF 70-200 F2.8 L Mk II IS USM, Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM, EF 40mm F2.8 STM , RC6 Remote. Canon STE-3 Radio Flash Controller, Canon 600 EX RT x4 , YN 560 MkII x2 ; Bowens GM500PRO x4 , Bowens Remote Control. Bowens Pulsar TX, RX Radio Transmitter and Reciever Cards. Bowens Constant 530 Streamlights 600w x 4 Sold EOS 5D Mk III, 7D, EF 50mm F1.8, 430 EX Mk II, Bowens GM500Rs x4

Submariner
Goldmember
3,028 posts
Joined May 2012

Jul 29, 2012 13:33 |  #54

Talley wrote in post #14785987 (external link)
My very close cousin has an A77 and his ISO 1600 is noisy like my ISO 6400. It has some great features but the EVF is noisy under low light, it's burst mode creates a series of still images (which they fixed in the A55) It's 19 point AF is not up to part with Canon's. Remember canon's is all cross type while sony has only 11 cross type.

another thing that blows is his video mode only allows max of iso 1600 while canon has no limitation.

It's a nice camera for sure, I give it an A for effort and C- for function.

Well as I said the noise at medium ISO is their real weakness. I'm not sure about the advantage in reality of the cross hairs etc. But in real life price for price the A77 blows the 7D away for the same amount of effort to take picture. So if they hit the $2000 mark for the FF A99 then that is a mindblowing camera even at $2,500! i.e. £1600.

PinballBlizzard
41 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 31, 2012 12:40 |  #55

Excuse my naiveness, but what are MA capabilities? A quick google search of "camera MA capabilities" did not give me any results.

mwsilver
Goldmember
3,899 posts
Gallery: 51 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Jul 31, 2012 12:49 |  #56

PinballBlizzard wrote in post #14795572 (external link)
Excuse my naiveness, but what are MA capabilities? A quick google search of "camera MA capabilities" did not give me any results.

I believe he means the micro adjust feature which is on the 50D 7D and most FF bodies. It allows you to fine tune the lens to the body.

Mark
Canon 7D2, 60D, T3i, T2i, Sigma 18-35 f/1.8, 30 f/1.4. Canon EF 70-200 L f/4 IS, EF 35 f/2 IS, EFs 10-18 STM, EFs 15-85, EFs 18-200, EF 50 f/1.8 STM, Tamron 18-270 PZD, B+W MRC CPL, Canon 320EX, Vanguard Alta Pro 254CT & SBH 250 head. RODE Stereo Videomic Pro, DXO PhotoLab Elite, ON1

sponsored links

7,405 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rumor: New entry level FF Canon: 2000usd Price tag
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.