Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 06 Aug 2012 (Monday) 16:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Within 36 hours of shooting a wedding, the bride has been tagged in 8 albums already

EmyB
128 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 06, 2012 22:42 as a reply to  @ post 14823837 |  #16

Why do you "feel sorry" for the bride?? :confused: I'm sure she loves seeing the early photos up from her family and friends. I was at a wedding recently and photos of the bride were on facebook before the ceremony even finished. Who cares? You're being hired for quality, not speed/social media PR.

As PP have said, the snapshots will just make yours look much better when they're released.

Emily. :)
Canon 60D | Canon 15-85mm | Sigma 30mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.8 | 430EXII | Bits & Bobs

sponsored links
hyogen
Goldmember
2,043 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 06, 2012 22:53 |  #17

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #14823628 (external link)
I have 10 sneak peek images up on FB within 2 hours of getting home after finishing the wedding and a further 10 images up a day or so later... Having the couple tagged in other people's albums is a massive bonus as it sets my pictures apart even more from the snap shots taken by the guests.

this is smart :) also makes people want to tag themselves in your pictures..more advertising for you :D

justinleeportland (external link)
facebook (external link)
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
EOS R6, 45mm TS-E / RF 35mm 1.8 / RF 28-70 2.0 / EF 16-35 2.8 ii / EF 70-200 2.8 ii / Zhiyun Weebill S / Moza Slypod

hyogen
Goldmember
2,043 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 06, 2012 22:54 |  #18

CTP wrote in post #14823363 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Its never going to go away, just learn to deal with it.

lol. this isn't as bad as when people are taking pics while standing for the wedding march -_-

justinleeportland (external link)
facebook (external link)
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
EOS R6, 45mm TS-E / RF 35mm 1.8 / RF 28-70 2.0 / EF 16-35 2.8 ii / EF 70-200 2.8 ii / Zhiyun Weebill S / Moza Slypod

fotojennik
213 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 07, 2012 07:34 |  #19

Why would you feel bad? Especially if your photos are that much better than the ones being posted on Facebook. She didn't pay any of them besides you, so she doesn't expect their photos to be great like she does yours.

Pittsburgh Wedding Photographer (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Gear List

Thomas ­ Campbell
Goldmember
2,105 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Aug 07, 2012 10:05 |  #20

Don't care. Mine are better and I post mine on FB same day as the wedding.

Houston Wedding Photographer (external link)
Houston Sports Photographer (external link)
Current Gear List

rincon
240 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 07, 2012 10:45 |  #21

I'm with most of the others. I always have a sneak peek up on FB withing 24 hours. If I find that my sneak peek photos aren't any better than the uncle Bob photos already there, I need to re-think my vocation...

btmlinedan
Goldmember
1,559 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 07, 2012 12:22 |  #22

we all deal with it, the only thing that gets me is when others flashes go off or that red beam comes out and shows on her face as they are walking down the aisle. If it's a long aisle, i'll literally snap 30 or so pics of her coming down the aisle JUST TO MAKE SURE I get some great ones.

*dan l *Flickr (external link) l *cars: dkfx Photography (external link) l weddings: Blue Martini Photography (external link) l YN622C tranceiver review (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 07, 2012 15:02 |  #23

Let it go.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

MT ­ Stringer
Goldmember
4,650 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 07, 2012 15:55 |  #24

The way I see it, you got paid to shoot the wedding. Take care of business and to heck with the others.

MaxPreps Profile (external link)

My Gear List

SOK
Goldmember
1,592 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Aug 07, 2012 16:08 |  #25

Is there such a thing as "Thread Starters Remorse"?

Steve
SOK Images - Wedding and Event Photography Gold Coast (external link)

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
44,051 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Aug 07, 2012 16:33 |  #26

SOK wrote in post #14827091 (external link)
Is there such a thing as "Thread Starters Remorse"?

bw!:lol:

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

brokensocial
481 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 07, 2012 17:57 |  #27

MT Stringer wrote in post #14827042 (external link)
The way I see it, you got paid to shoot the wedding. Take care of business and to heck with the others.

Bingo.

[mike and frida] photography - we shoot stuff.
chicago wedding photography (external link) | chicago wedding photography blog (external link)

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
11,935 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 08, 2012 09:26 |  #28

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #14823628 (external link)
I have 10 sneak peek images up on FB within 2 hours of getting home after finishing the wedding and a further 10 images up a day or so later... Having the couple tagged in other people's albums is a massive bonus as it sets my pictures apart even more from the snap shots taken by the guests.

Ditto

as soon as get them uploaded i will pick out 10 and put them on FB for the clients.they are only proofs cropped and color corrected...takes me 10 minutes. We Always do this and the girls are appreciative. We post them on our facebook page as " They Did It !!! " The response has been remarkable

I would never sweat what friends post on FB..most are crappy iphone shots.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

AvailableLight
Goldmember
1,208 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 08, 2012 13:59 |  #29

I'm with others here that say "just ignore it." The sweet part is putting those snapshots to shame when your money shots make it to her Facebook page. Should get you some more paid shots!

AJ
Rebel T3i (600D)
18-55 | 55-250 | 50 1.8 | 60 2.8 macro | 15-85 | 430 EXII

Kirill
728 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 08, 2012 14:09 |  #30

I recently was a guest at a wedding. During ceremony from my seat I took few pics with 7d and 70-200 IS 2.8. Than there was another guest standing next to B&G with rebel and kit lens shooting with a pop up flash all the time.
Thing is - everybody got a camera - you may be able to subdue 90% of guest playing a pro - there still be one or two left.
So - just learn to ignore it.

sponsored links

16,804 views & 0 likes for this thread
Within 36 hours of shooting a wedding, the bride has been tagged in 8 albums already
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.