Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 10:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.

this thread is locked
IQ ­ Zero
738 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 12, 2012 22:08 |  #2851

andrewopolis wrote in post #14850238 (external link)
I <3 the Spice Girls!... & Indian music & dance!

These closing ceremonies are SICK!!!!!!!

I could not disagree with that statement more.

Great Olympics, great games, great country. The opening and closing ceremonies just didn't do it for me at all. But I am usually in the minority on stuff like this.

For me Beijing was sick.

I'm No Rocket Surgeon

sponsored links
S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 12, 2012 22:31 |  #2852

MARSURAT1 wrote in post #14850046 (external link)
From the park yesterday - my cousin's dog and my dog using my 50.

great puppy photos! i really like these. i just wish my dongs would play along nicer to get some photos like these :)

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

andrewopolis
586 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 12, 2012 22:33 |  #2853

S.n.a.f.u. wrote in post #14850597 (external link)
great puppy photos! i really like these. i just wish my dongs would play along nicer to get some photos like these :)

:confused:

RHChan84: "Damn it. If I didn't just put 3500 down on a wedding, I would of picked up a 7D."
bw!

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 12, 2012 22:34 |  #2854

:\ dogs*

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

andrewopolis
586 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 12, 2012 22:59 |  #2855

I should've gotten 2 Freezes on that trip to get another one.... they are too good.

RHChan84: "Damn it. If I didn't just put 3500 down on a wedding, I would of picked up a 7D."
bw!

3DZukini
Goldmember
1,297 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 12, 2012 23:34 |  #2856

andrewopolis wrote in post #14850695 (external link)
I should've gotten 2 Freezes on that trip to get another one.... they are too good.

lol, I'm kinda hooked on the strawberry lemonade one. :)

Call me Erich. :) 6D, 60D | 18-135 IS | 50 ƒ1.8 | 28-75 ƒ2.8 | 24-105 ƒ4L | 70-200 ƒ2.8L II | 11-16 ƒ2.8
Flickr (external link) ~ 500px (external link) ~ Taproll (external link) ~ effectivimage
 (external link)

MARSURAT1
720 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 13, 2012 03:04 |  #2857

S.n.a.f.u. wrote in post #14850597 (external link)

bw! Best typo ever. lol

Thanks! Glad you like them. My dog (the Golden mix) is only a year old and my cousin's dog is almost 2, and they are both TOO friendly, so they've got plenty of spunk (and craziness) in them for photo ops.

andrewopolis wrote in post #14850078 (external link)
I love the little one!

That's Leo.. I had to say goodbye to him when my then girlfriend didn't come with me back to FL. She said he's a shih-tzu/yorkie, but via Google, he's more like a Norfolk Terrier with a longer tail. = every dog I'll get until the day I die! He was/is the greatest.

The little dog is my cousin's dog, Ryder. He's a Yorkie and Maltese mix, I think. Leo is a cutie! Must have been so hard to say goodbye to him.

Maria, Mars, or Marzy. Flickr. (external link)Facebook. (external link)
Canon 5Dc. Canon 60D. Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. 430 EX II. YN-560 II.

BurnUnit
851 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Joined May 2012

Aug 13, 2012 08:59 |  #2858

There seems to be more than a few gearheads here and racecars and cameras seem to go together well. These shots from the recent Bonneville Speed Week were posted by a fellow memmber on the Jalopy Journal (another forum where I spend too much time lurking). Some of them are "snapshots" but if you scroll down enough you'll also find some truly professional looking shots from the Salt Flats. Lots of gorgeous, innovative, colorful hot rods and what a fantastic background to shoot against at Bonneville.

http://www.jalopyjourn​al.com/forum/showthrea​d.php?t=724839 (external link)

Not quite so exciting but I hope to get out and shoot a bit at an antique engine and tractor show in the area this weekend. Time to gather up some more post-worthy shots, which is a bit of a challenge around here!

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

"They've introduced a new camera that's so advanced, you don't even need it!"
Steven Wright

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 13, 2012 09:52 |  #2859

BurnUnit wrote in post #14851824 (external link)
There seems to be more than a few gearheads here and racecars and cameras seem to go together well. These shots from the recent Bonneville Speed Week were posted by a fellow memmber on the Jalopy Journal (another forum where I spend too much time lurking). Some of them are "snapshots" but if you scroll down enough you'll also find some truly professional looking shots from the Salt Flats. Lots of gorgeous, innovative, colorful hot rods and what a fantastic background to shoot against at Bonneville.

Not quite so exciting but I hope to get out and shoot a bit at an antique engine and tractor show in the area this weekend. Time to gather up some more post-worthy shots, which is a bit of a challenge around here!

Not to shamelessly plug myself, but my website will have Speedweek shots up maybe tonight but probably tomorrow. I can tell you from an early preview they look awesome. You'll have to give us time to actually write the article though. Stupid real job is getting in the way of my fantasy job. lol

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)
www.infinite-garage.com (external link)

Master ­ of ­ Defenestration
Goldmember
1,307 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2011

Aug 13, 2012 10:45 |  #2860

BurnUnit wrote in post #14851824 (external link)

I hate that forum...Same with it's sister forum GarageJournal.com...Th​ey remind me that no matter how hard I work, somebody has a better car, a more badass workshop, cooler house, better tool collection...I get all totes jelly and have to close the tab.

5D | Full tank of gas | Box of rocks
Facebook (external link)

pauly916
Goldmember
1,523 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 13, 2012 11:48 |  #2861

Hi havnt posted for a while been busy, here's a few of what I've been shooting :D

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

wendy hat (external link) by foto-paul (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

yellow dress (external link) by foto-paul (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7774651940_bbe3306943_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/68248150@N08/7​774651940/  (external link)
catsuit (external link) by foto-paul (external link), on Flickr

Gear- who cares?
Facebook (external link)

andrewopolis
586 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 13, 2012 11:54 |  #2862

Anyone watch this guy's vids? http://www.youtube.com​/user/LAHWF?feature=wa​tch (external link) I can't get enough.

bw!

questionmarc
835 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 13, 2012 16:08 |  #2863

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8425/7750124714_de50ab8307_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …s/marcmarayag/7​750124714/  (external link)
Victorian Summer (external link) by Marc.Mar (external link), on Flickr

60D, 5DmkIII, 50 f1.8
Facebook Page (external link)
Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Shutterwolf
523 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 13, 2012 16:21 |  #2864
bannedPermanent ban

Considering going to an 18-135. I know this is a popular 60D kit lens, but my question is, am I better off with an 18-55, and 28-135? Would be really nice to combine both of those into 1, but is its a good lens compared to the 28-135?

Josh
https://www.facebook.c​om/ShutterwolfPhotogra​phy (external link)
60D, 550EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark II, Canon 28-135mm IS, 18-55(old), Rebel Xti/400D (for sale)

questionmarc
835 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 13, 2012 16:23 |  #2865

Shutterwolf wrote in post #14853610 (external link)
Considering going to an 18-135. I know this is a popular 60D kit lens, but my question is, am I better off with an 18-55, and 28-135? Would be really nice to combine both of those into 1, but is its a good lens compared to the 28-135?

i think you should save and wait till you can get a good piece of glass in my own opinion!

60D, 5DmkIII, 50 f1.8
Facebook Page (external link)
Website (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

730,582 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.