Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 13 Aug 2012 (Monday) 04:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Taking your camera with you

iisrandy
74 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Aug 13, 2012 04:01 |  #1

Alright i know there are probably a TON of threads and i will probably get nagged at for posting this. Well tonight i went to a Galaxy Soccer game. First time to a soccer game so i took the camera (why not whats it hurt) I had a feeling that i was gonna have an issue trying to get in the door with my camera and zoom. Well when i walked to the gate the guy told me i couldn't have the camera in side i asked why and he replied with "because you can take the lens on and off" so he told me to go get another lens. Then young lady walks over and pulls out her ID and paces it on the lens and lets me in because its just about the same size. This was after taking the filter and lens hood off.I got in with it no big deal.

This is what has me wondering. Im planning on buying a 70-200 real soon. If i struggled to get this little 55-250 in would there ever be close to a chance id get the 70-200 L in? Then the fact it being white would draw even more attention.. Could i get it in in a bag or lens case of some sort?

Gripped T1i//Blackrapid Strap//Slik Pro 500DX//200EG//Canon 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II//Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS//Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr (external link)//500px. (external link)

JacobPhoto
Goldmember
1,434 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 13, 2012 15:45 |  #2

From the venue site:
http://homedepotcenter​.com/guest-services/event-policies (external link)

Unless otherwise specified by the teams and/or event officials/management, guests may not bring professional photographic equipment in to the facility.

Guests are also prohibited from engaging in commercial photography of any kind.

The following is a partial list of the prohibited camera equipment:

Flash photography
Monopods or tripods
Cameras with interchangeable lenses
Cameras with lenses greater than 3½ inches in length

Teams and/or event officials/management may have additional rules further restricting or prohibiting photography.

Looks like SLR's are prohibited entirely. Consider yourself lucky for getting the camera in once, and don't plan on doing it again.

Staples Center has a similar policy:
http://staplescenter.c​om …uest-services-information (external link)

Are cameras allowed inside STAPLES Center?
Yes! Non-professional, non-flash, still photography is permitted at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable or telephoto lens). Video and audio recording is prohibited. Please note that some shows will have a different camera policy. Please see the specific event page or contact contact Guest Services for further information.

~ Canon 7d / 5D ~ Novatron strobe setup + Vagabond
~ Some L glass, some flashes, the usual

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 13, 2012 23:35 |  #3

Home Depot Center is actually very strict about it. I couldn't bring my 24-70 in because it didn't meet the ID Card length restriction. Then you have to try to get past the metal detector so you cannot hide it. They all seem to know the rules about cameras at the door too or at least have someone within earshot that will enforce them.

www.jaffe.photo

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

915 views & 0 likes for this thread
Taking your camera with you
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.