Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 16 Aug 2012 (Thursday) 00:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Soccer friendly match: Croatia - Switzerland 2:4

Torcidas
491 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 16, 2012 00:27 |  #1

Here are pictures of friendly match against Croatia and Switzerland. 1st match for new Croatian coatch Igor Štimac wasn't good. Swiss totaly destroy Croatia...

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 400 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

More pictures on my facebook page:
http://www.facebook.co​m …60821&type=3&l=​fb2657722d (external link)

My current status: Canon 7D Mark II / Canon 5D Mark II / 17-40 f4.0L / 24-70 f2,8L / 70-200 f2.8L / 300mm f2.8 / 50mm f1.8 / 100mm f2.8 macro/ Speedlight 550EX / 1,4 extender
My facebook gallery: https://www.facebook.c​om/BKaradza (external link)

sponsored links
rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,586 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Aug 16, 2012 00:56 |  #2

Good shots...I particularly like #3.

Mark

Torcidas
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 16, 2012 01:21 |  #3

rrblint wrote in post #14864656 (external link)
Good shots...I particularly like #3.

Thnx in continue of that shot was Eduardos volley but Swiss number 20 block Eduardo on that photos..

My current status: Canon 7D Mark II / Canon 5D Mark II / 17-40 f4.0L / 24-70 f2,8L / 70-200 f2.8L / 300mm f2.8 / 50mm f1.8 / 100mm f2.8 macro/ Speedlight 550EX / 1,4 extender

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 16, 2012 01:36 |  #4

Are you looking for comments and criticism at all or just sharing?

www.jaffe.photo

Torcidas
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 16, 2012 02:14 |  #5

ajaffe wrote in post #14864766 (external link)
Are you looking for comments and criticism at all or just sharing?

Comment and criticism at 1st place. After that sharing :)

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 16, 2012 02:36 |  #6

Awesome! I love football photos.

With that said, almost all of your photos need help.
1 and 2 are difficult to get both teams so I understand your battle there.
3. The Eduardo photo doesn't work. Not enough ball and the player in the foreground is extremely distracting.
4. No ball and you cut off multiple limbs of Djurou and Olic.
5. Decent, but really need to get the foot on the ball or the Swiss player completely laid out to make this picture work.
6. Limbs cut off and not enough of the ball.
7. Timing is off, you want his plant foot in the air just before his heel get stuck into the ground for this photo to work.
8. Timing is off, lady in the middle is blinking and looking away. Also your background and foreground are bland. I want to see passion when I see fans. What I see here are 3 friends going through the motions of a chant.

www.jaffe.photo

Torcidas
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 16, 2012 05:41 as a reply to  @ ajaffe's post |  #7

THNX for your constructive suggestions. I know about problems when player is whitout ball or not enough ball but that's happend when you use fix lens (300mm) so you can't zoom out to get that parts in image and since I still use 1dMKII (because of speed) I have little problem with ISO and right focusing in low light events. I use to work with 5D MKII because of ISO but speed on 5DMKII is big problem so I miss much more good photos when then with 1dMKII

As you probably take pictures of soccer You know that many of your suggestions are not photographer's fault but action just go that way (Eduardo's 1st goal when Djurou enter in front of Eduardo).

ajaffe
792 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Aug 16, 2012 12:45 |  #8

True regarding fixed lenses, but I use a 400 and manage just fine. I also use a pair of 1Dmk3s that are great with focus in low light. What I see with your photos is that you might have a tendency to "snapshot" instead of track a player and make the photo you want. I rarely shoot more than 2-3 frames at a time, do you machine gun?

Also true about the Eduardo shot. But what is the photographer's fault is picking a photo that doesn't work and posting it. Djurou didn't cause you to mistime the volley and shoot with so much of the ball out of frame. Where is the after shot where Eduardo is celebrating or grimacing? I am not sure what/who you are shooting for but your images have to tell a story if it is for editorial use.

www.jaffe.photo

Torcidas
THREAD ­ STARTER
491 posts
Joined May 2004

Aug 16, 2012 17:04 |  #9

I'm still mad at Djurou.. :)

IMAGE: http://www.karadza.org/1_temp/1hrv-svi_0060.jpg

P.S. Eduardo go to other side of pitch to Srna to celebrate goal

IMAGE NOT FOUND

TacCPhotography
498 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Aug 20, 2012 23:16 |  #10

Looks like the white balance is off as well.

-Tac
http://taccphotos.com (external link)

Hannya
Goldmember
1,062 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 21, 2012 07:24 |  #11

Hello Torcidas.
Had a look at your pics, and kinda agree with what's been said. they do look a bit 'noisy', like I used to get with my 50D. I now used a 1DMkIII which seems a bit better. I can see you've done a fair bit of this sport, so you know a part is timing, part is luck (being in the right place, not having another player obstruct your killer shot ...) which tends to come from experience and I would (regrettably) have binned the Djourou shot. Looking at some of your galleries, you need to watch for wonky horizons, too. I only have a 70-200 which limits the area you can get good shots in, but it is more flexible than a 300mm.

“Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.” ― Henri Cartier-Bresson

Sports Pics (external link)

sponsored links

2,874 views & 0 likes for this thread
Soccer friendly match: Croatia - Switzerland 2:4
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.