Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 10 Aug 2012 (Friday) 07:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nothing but trouble with Intuos 5

onona
511 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 13, 2012 10:44 |  #16

Well no, nothing that drastic! The most likely explanation would be a problematic driver or a low level hardware conflict somewhere. I know you've tried a couple of different drivers but they're usually the cause of problems like this. Having said that, it's also entirely possible that the tablet is indeed faulty. But you won't really know that for sure until you've absolutely eliminated the possibility of a problem in your computer.

Like I said, I totally understand your frustration. But it's only through a rigorous process of elimination like this that the root cause of the problem can be found. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

Leigh
I shoot concerts and stuff. (external link)

sponsored links
aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 13, 2012 11:02 |  #17

I do understand what you mean... and I'm very good at troubleshooting things of this nature. This is already the second device I've tried, and it's still an issue. I'll attempt it on another computer to see if it happens, and keep you all posted. Let's hope it's something simple.

Canon 7D+grip, 40D+grip, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 60mm f/2.8, Canon 28mm f/1.8, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 430ex flash, Canon 430ex II flash
aepoc.com (external link)
flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

Dustin ­ Mustangs
310 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 13, 2012 19:26 |  #18

On a long shot, that maybe Wacom has already brought up, did you install the driver off the CD and then afterwords update to the new driver from the website? The tech I talked to today said that if you do that without uninstalling the old version first it will cause issues.

And in unrelated news, mine decided to work fine while I was on the phone with them today. Not really sure if this is good news or bad news.

60D | 15-85 3.5-5.6 IS | 70-200 4L | 50 1.8 | 100 2.8 macro | 1.4x II | 580EX | 430EX II

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 14, 2012 06:19 |  #19

I completely bypassed the CD from the get-go and downloaded the most recent driver from the website. I figured that made the most sense. Not only that, when I update the drivers for it, I uninstall the previous one, then update it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled four times now. I'm glad yours is working now. It's so frustrating when it just stops working or doesn't work properly isnt' it?

I installed the latest driver on my girlfriends laptop and was created all the same settings for the tablet on there that I use on my computer. She already had Lightroom 3 on there, so I just used that. I did not install LR4 or Photoshop CS5 due to the license issues... and I paid for each application. Everything worked exactly how it should on her laptop, no issues at all - none. Like I mentioned though, sometimes it takes forever for it to happen on my computer, so who knows.

Canon 7D+grip, 40D+grip, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 60mm f/2.8, Canon 28mm f/1.8, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 430ex flash, Canon 430ex II flash
flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 15, 2012 09:09 |  #20

Wacom states I should look into updating all my applications, drivers, and making sure only current versions are being used of everything. So last night I updated my video card drivers (always a good idea anyhow I suppose) and my motherboards USB controller's drivers. Those are the main two that I think could be causing my issues with the tablet. I believe my Windows 7 (64) is up to date already, but I'll be checking that when I get home tonight (didn't have time last night). In case all of that doesn't work, I have my motherboard's BIOS update ready to flash if I need to.

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

Dustin ­ Mustangs
310 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Aug 15, 2012 11:55 |  #21

If you haven't already, maybe try uninstalling everything and give the CD version a go. Mine actually works better with the included software as apposed to what is posted on their site.

60D | 15-85 3.5-5.6 IS | 70-200 4L | 50 1.8 | 100 2.8 macro | 1.4x II | 580EX | 430EX II

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 16, 2012 06:30 |  #22

Holy cow, really? That's something to dry. I was able to use it last night for a while just fine with no issues.. but I wasn't exactly "power editing" as I call it. Which is pretty much sitting there for hours on end and really using Lightroom (4.1) and Photoshop (CS5) exclusively. I'll get the opportunity to do that Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion Dustin. Everything still working fine on your end?

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 18, 2012 15:25 |  #23

Another update. So, after updating the video card drivers, my USB controller card drivers, and Windows 7 64-bit, I have started encountering the same issues as before. I only had Lightroom 4.1 open, that's it. I got the newest BIOS update for my ASUS motherboard, and flashed that a little while ago. I'll keep this thread updated.

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 26, 2012 19:43 |  #24

About ten minutes ago my tablet started suffering the same issues as before. I've sent another email to my contact at Wacom. I honestly have no idea what's next.

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Aug 26, 2012 19:58 |  #25

I have been looking into getting a tablet for editing. There seems to be an issue with their drivers and Windows 7.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 27, 2012 06:32 |  #26

That's what I'm guessing, but I am unsure at this point. Wacom doesn't seem willing to admit it either. I also told them they need to start releasing what they change in driver releases. I was told that it's really just an update to what devices are supported by the driver, and nothing really with function... but I told him that's incorrect because the "tap 3 fingers for radial menu" changed with the 08/07/2012 driver... and he had no idea. :/

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

jase1125
Goldmember
3,027 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined May 2010

Aug 27, 2012 20:38 |  #27

My intuos 4 works okay on my Mac. There are a couple of anomalies that don't work exactly as described but for editing everything is okay.

Jason

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Aug 28, 2012 06:29 |  #28

What anomalies would those be? Just curious if it's the same things we have described in here.

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

aepoc
THREAD ­ STARTER
438 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Sep 06, 2012 07:21 |  #29

Still nothing from Wacom. :/

flickr (external link)
my blog (external link)

weeatmice
763 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 23, 2012 09:02 |  #30

Bumping as I'm considering one of these, but would like to avoid driver hell. Is anyone using an Intuos 5 with Win7 64bit without any problems?

Any reply from Wacom yet / are you still having issues?

How well does it work for actual editing / drawing?

FS: UK: 1D Mark IV.
Twopixel.co.uk (external link) | 500px (external link) | flickr (external link) | Twitter (external link) | Pinterest (external link) |

sponsored links

12,751 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nothing but trouble with Intuos 5
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.