Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)

this thread is locked
enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 16, 2012 13:18 |  #886

Mike wrote in post #14866277 (external link)
Um...I just turn them on in the order that happens...I try to do it the way you said but never always seem to. Turning them off also seems optional for me at times! :oops:

They are very good but can have their moments. Also, the range is not great (something to do with RF noise interfering with the signal).

Are the issues all down to the TTL do you think? Always heard such good things about the range/reliability on the standard triggers.

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

sponsored links
Anke
THREAD ­ STARTER
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 16, 2012 14:37 |  #887

Ronin Silv wrote in post #14866133 (external link)
I never have this trouble with my cheap fleabay triggers everything set to manual and off you go :)

enigma2099 wrote in post #14866142 (external link)
Are PW's not the holy grail of remote triggers I've been led to believe them to be?

Anyone know if Cyber Syncs have the same issues?

Mike wrote in post #14866277 (external link)
Um...I just turn them on in the order that happens...I try to do it the way you said but never always seem to. Turning them off also seems optional for me at times! :oops:

They are very good but can have their moments. Also, the range is not great (something to do with RF noise interfering with the signal).

enigma2099 wrote in post #14866752 (external link)
Are the issues all down to the TTL do you think? Always heard such good things about the range/reliability on the standard triggers.

I moved away from the cheap triggers to get TTL and the legendary PW reliability. Either I'm doing something wrong or they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Due to paid shoots trickling in I've moved on again though and taken delivery today of some of these (external link). Hope they can pay for themselves in a year :)

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Gallery: 207 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 16, 2012 15:38 |  #888

Chris I'll have to pee on your parade once more as I was on a shoot where a chap had some of those and he had trouble getting them to trigger as well. I don't think it matters what you've got if it has electrickery in it it'll fail at some point :)

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Wendelius
773 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 16, 2012 15:44 |  #889

Matt Peters wrote in post #14866729 (external link)
Where do people hire lenses from?

lensesforhire.co.uk.

I got a L lens from them for the Olympics. Was delivered a day before the start of my rental by courrier and was returned the day after my rental ended by prepaid courrier. Painless and a pleasure to deal with.

Wendy

Klystron
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 16, 2012 15:46 |  #890

Ronin Silv wrote in post #14867350 (external link)
Chris I'll have to pee on your parade once more as I was on a shoot where a chap had some of those and he had trouble getting them to trigger as well. I don't think it matters what you've got if it has electrickery in it it'll fail at some point :)

I'm not sure I agree with that last bit ;) You pay for what you get !

Sony A9, A7R II, Sony A7 III, A5000
zenfolio (external link) - flickr (external link) - 500px (external link)

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Aug 16, 2012 15:58 as a reply to  @ Klystron's post |  #891

Ronin Silv wrote in post #14867350 (external link)

Apart from not shooting TTL, my RF-602's are flawless, not had a single misfire and I use four of them at times when my studio is setup.. :D

Wendelius wrote in post #14867373 (external link)
lensesforhire.co.uk.

I got a L lens from them for the Olympics. Was delivered a day before the start of my rental by courrier and was returned the day after my rental ended by prepaid courrier. Painless and a pleasure to deal with.

Wendy

Wicked, I shall check them out.. Thanks!

1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 16, 2012 16:03 |  #892

Matt Peters wrote in post #14867434 (external link)
Apart from not shooting TTL, my RF-602's are flawless, not had a single misfire and I use four of them at times when my studio is setup.. :D

I've got RF-603's and never had a problem with them.

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

enigma2099
680 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 16, 2012 16:12 |  #893

Anke wrote in post #14867101 (external link)
Due to paid shoots trickling in I've moved on again though and taken delivery today of some of these (external link). Hope they can pay for themselves in a year :)

Ooh, they are pretty... Out of my league but will still be interested to hear what you get up to with it.

At least you've got a new toy to play with as there are no new Macs on the horizon ;) :p

Paulhttps://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10263387

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,900 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 16, 2012 16:17 |  #894

Klystron wrote in post #14867379 (external link)
I'm not sure I agree with that last bit ;) You pay for what you get !

I've been given the latest bit of hi-tec kit that is guaranteed to do the job better and faster only for it to fail when you need it to many times to trust anything electric/computerised fully.

Richard1959
Goldmember
1,111 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 16, 2012 16:31 |  #895

Matt Peters wrote in post #14867434 (external link)

Ronin Silv wrote in post #14867449 (external link)
I've got RF-603's and never had a problem with them.

Ditto, although I don't use that much the 603's work every time, just a shame they don't have a lock for the hot shoe but a rubber band fixes that, also they work great as a wireless shutter release as well.

I see that Yongnuo have a new trigger coming out soon YN-622 E-TTL transceiver http://www.lightingrum​ours.com …iver-pixel-king-copy-2366 (external link) wonder if that's why PW are doing cash back

Sometimes I take good photos other times !!!!
EOS 5DMkiv EF100-400L f4.5-5.6, EF24-105L f4, EF16-35L f4 EF50 1:1.8 II, EF28 1:2.8 & 580EXII and some triggers. Lightroom & Photoshop CC

My Flickr (external link)

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 16, 2012 16:57 |  #896

I moved away from the cheap triggers to get TTL and the legendary PW reliability. Either I'm doing something wrong or they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Ooh, very nice! I'm sure Sly will help you accessorize them! ;)

For all the gripe about PWs they are still a great tool and can produce some fab results. Like anything, I guess I need to use them more to really get confident with them.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

souporman
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2011
5,462 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 17, 2012 02:39 as a reply to  @ Mike's post |  #897

I struggled with my PW's (plus II's) misfiring when I first got them, but after replacing the cheap leads they came with with some of these (external link) my problems went away completely. I've only had one issue since then and I think it was a combination of distance and the hacked sync port on my 580 (the original one, EX II's have been fine).

Also, /drool on the quadras. I really wanted to get a set last year, but my current shooting volume just doesn't justify it. (not that I could afford them now anyway :))

Wendelius wrote in post #14867373 (external link)
lensesforhire.co.uk.

Wendy

Ditto that. I've only ever rented one lens ever, but it was from those guys and they were brilliant. The only difficult part about the experience was giving the lens back at the end :)

http://www.evilkitchen​.ca (external link) (365 (external link)) .
500px (external link)
Twitter (external link)http://365.evilkitchen​.ca (external link)

Pete
Cream of the Crop
38,607 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 17, 2012 04:18 |  #898

Hi guys. Looks as though my job might be for the chop. The private equity firm that's bought my company are making wide-ranging cuts - people in the states, Australia and Asia have already been let go. They're unable to make cuts yet in Europe due to employment laws and the fact that many people are on holiday in August.

We're due to start the process next month sometime when we at least know who's at risk and who isn't. It's possible that they might hand out cheques along with presenting a spade & trowel.

An unsettling time. I've really enjoyed working for those people. I fear that even if I do keep the job, the processes and pressures will make the job very unenjoyable.

Pete
UK SE Catch of the Day

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 17, 2012 05:02 |  #899

felt_tip_felon wrote in post #14860795 (external link)
there seem to be lots of different types of paper on there, then when you read the reviews they all sound like they've been written by the seller! if it sounds too good to be true it likely is - fortunately I had some vouchers burning a hole in my pocket so I spent them on the paper Linda recommended! full review to follow! :D

Oh good, yes I will be interested in what you think of it. I have tried various papers over the years and all have been so so, but I really did like the Canon gloss photo pro (or whatever that one is called lol).

http://lindabuckell.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dragonwings55/ (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II and Canon 7D |40D |G12 | 350d (300D long gone)
400 F5.6L|70-200 F4L IS|24-105 F4L[COLOR=black] IS|18-55
Macro: 100mm F2.8L IS|100mm| F2.8 |60mm F2.8.

LindaB
Cream of the Crop
11,375 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Aug 17, 2012 05:03 |  #900

Jonathan wrote in post #14858926 (external link)
It's hard not to be affected like that. Here's one shot from there that I particularly liked. The first 2 headstones are for unidentified troops. It says "A Soldier Of The Great War" and covered by the flowers "Known Unto God". It is incredibly moving to see the care and reverence with which these places are treated.

Tyne Cot Cemetery (external link) by Jonathan A Dale (external link), on Flickr

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …jonathanadale/7​784579300/  (external link)
Tyne Cot Cemetery (external link) by Jonathan A Dale (external link), on Flickr

Hotel link:

http://www.mainstreet-hotel.be/ (external link)

Such a beautiful shot

http://lindabuckell.ze​nfolio.com/ (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dragonwings55/ (external link)
Canon 7D Mk II and Canon 7D |40D |G12 | 350d (300D long gone)
400 F5.6L|70-200 F4L IS|24-105 F4L[COLOR=black] IS|18-55
Macro: 100mm F2.8L IS|100mm| F2.8 |60mm F2.8.

sponsored links

859,349 views & 2 likes for this thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.