Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Jun 2012 (Thursday) 00:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon 60D Users, Unite! (4!)

CyberManiaK
669 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 17, 2012 23:03 |  #1066

Alex_Mk3 wrote in post #14872523 (external link)
Carlos those are incredible! Love how the colors just pop! very nice work

Thanks.

On a side note.. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware on the 60D it was version 1.0.9 and now is 1.1.1, but I notice that the AF on the 18-135 is slower than it was.. Anybody notice something like this?

Jay.. Really like the light on the first one, good work !!

Carlos
60D / 10-20 + 100L + 40/2.8

sponsored links
BurnUnit
824 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Joined May 2012

Aug 17, 2012 23:53 |  #1067

CyberManiaK wrote in post #14873079 (external link)
Thanks.

On a side note.. Yesterday I upgraded the firmware on the 60D it was version 1.0.9 and now is 1.1.1, but I notice that the AF on the 18-135 is slower than it was.. Anybody notice something like this?

Jay.. Really like the light on the first one, good work !!

After the upgrade, did it possibly change all the camera's setting back to their defaults? Maybe check your focus mode setting, or maybe pop the battery out for a few minutes and reinstall it.

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

"They've introduced a new camera that's so advanced, you don't even need it!"
Steven Wright

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,241 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 18, 2012 00:18 as a reply to  @ BurnUnit's post |  #1068

so when you Macro guys take intense bug shots - does anyone get startled when the bug unexpectedly moves towards the lens? :lol: :D :p

That might freak me out when I get some tubes soon...:rolleyes: ;)

speaking of macro - this fellows astro and macro is darn good - but check out this spider web shot taken by the 60D's older brother

http://www.flickr.com …/stephenmudge/7​135065999/ (external link)

sorry for O/T...

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

CyberManiaK
669 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 18, 2012 00:21 |  #1069

BurnUnit wrote in post #14873219 (external link)
After the upgrade, did it possibly change all the camera's setting back to their defaults? Maybe check your focus mode setting, or maybe pop the battery out for a few minutes and reinstall it.

After the upgrade I reset everything.. And also the battery was removed for around 2 minutes... Or maybe could be that I haven't notice how slow is this lens ? as almost all the time I use M42 manual lenses, and very little AF.. But to be honest I remember it was a bit quicker before the upgrade..

But who knows.. lol

Carlos

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,839 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 18, 2012 00:25 |  #1070

My brother visiting, and my daughter.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

My name is James ~ Gear ~ Facebook Fan Page (external link)

CyberManiaK
669 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 18, 2012 00:29 |  #1071

Immaculens wrote in post #14873279 (external link)
so when you Macro guys take intense bug shots - does anyone get startled when the bug unexpectedly moves towards the lens? :lol: :D :p

speaking of macro - this fellows astro and macro is darn good - but check out this spider web shot taken by the 60D's older brother

http://www.flickr.com …/stephenmudge/7​135065999/ (external link)

sorry for O/T...

Well in my case that doesn't happen and when you get your tubes I doubt will happen to you.. the DoF is very shallow that when it moves, everything will be out of focus and you will be to busy to find again the bug that your brain will not have time to "think ohh this is freaking me out" hahaha :cool:

Carlos

BurnUnit
824 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 18, 2012 01:04 |  #1072

Immaculens wrote in post #14873279 (external link)

Some years ago I was shooting some street stocks from the infield of a local oval track with a 35mm and a 200 telephoto. I was following a small pack of cars coming out of the second turn and one of them hung a tire off the outside of the track on the backstretch. Another car tagged him and he started to go over in a roll. I squeezed off one shot and when the viewfinder cleared he was pointed nearly straight at me so I instinctively turned and ran about three steps when I realized I was at least 100 feet away and in no real danger. Felt a little silly afterwards but looking thru the viewfinder I had a pretty good lensful of car and could have sworn he was right in my lap! :o

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

Steven Wright

vos07
Goldmember
1,077 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Jan 2010

Aug 18, 2012 06:29 |  #1073

Vixen89 wrote in post #14871853 (external link)
What in the world is that!? :O

I believe the scientific name is little green bug thing with hypnotoad eyes

Mike
Flickr (external link)
500px  (external link)

TXTL_CA
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 18, 2012 08:16 as a reply to  @ BurnUnit's post |  #1074

I have 60D for 3 months now. After 3 months of learning, here is my first pic. CC is wanted

Thanks,

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

BurnUnit
824 posts
Joined May 2012

Aug 18, 2012 16:32 |  #1075

TXTL_CA wrote in post #14874059 (external link)
I have 60D for 3 months now. After 3 months of learning, here is my first pic. CC is wanted

Thanks,

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of great inspiration here. Just try to not get too wrapped up in all the "lens envy", at least not initially. ;)

First pic: Composition look OK but the colors look a bit flat, like it was overcast when you were shooting. Maybe try bumping up the saturation a little or adding a bit of contrast.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Well you get extra points here because you have ducks in your picture! Not exactly sure why that is but they have a duck "thing" around here. The reflections in the still water are a nice touch but the inverted chimney and the branches in the lower right are kind of distracting. It's easy to just get locked in on your subject and not really see what's happening in the foreground or background. I know, because I catch myself doing this regularly. :rolleyes:

IMAGE NOT FOUND

There might be some interesting stuff going on in this shot but it's all sort of a jumble. Try zooming in on just one or two details at a time. Or maybe go to the wide end of the lens and get in close to your subject. Try shooting some stuff at an angle and get some perspective into the shot to help lead the eye thru it. Wonder if a polarizer would have knocked down some of the glare on the windows?

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Steven Wright

TXTL_CA
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 18, 2012 17:18 as a reply to  @ BurnUnit's post |  #1076

Burnit,

1st pic:
It was an overcast morning; I'll follow your suggestion to see if I can improve it. I have to start learning Photoshop :)

2nd: You're right! the reflections is quite disturbing. I tried to get close the ducks, but 50mm limit my reach.

3rd: Thank you, I'll do next time.

Thank you for the comments; I'm learning from that.

TXTL_CA
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 18, 2012 17:35 as a reply to  @ TXTL_CA's post |  #1077

Another one after learning from BurnIt,

I play around with the contrast in Photoshop (first time use it). CC is appreciated.

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Jason ­ b
113 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 19, 2012 00:21 as a reply to  @ TXTL_CA's post |  #1078

So ive had my 60D for nearly one week now.

let me know what you think.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7812430348_401bfde70a.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …n_photography/7​812430348/  (external link)
GT3 (external link) by J Brezic PHOTOGRAPHY (external link), on Flickr

Support this site - donate here

Jason ­ b
113 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 19, 2012 00:24 |  #1079

Jason b wrote in post #14876725 (external link)
So ive had my 60D for nearly one week now.

let me know what you think.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | Content warning: data

Anyone know why my photo is not visible ?

Support the forums - donate here

mrfobbyaccent
22 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Aug 19, 2012 00:36 |  #1080

Just picked up my 60D yesterday took some shots for the first time today.

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7264/7812561986_801b5976a6_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ngelocalderon/7​812561986/  (external link)
testing (external link) by Angelo Francis Calderon (external link), on Flickr
was messing around with the flash on this one.
IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7136/7810977090_aaf1ea8076_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ngelocalderon/7​810977090/  (external link)
Babes Photoshot (external link) by Angelo Francis Calderon (external link), on Flickr

I used to shoot with a 40D but the 60D just blows it out of the water, although I did take some good shots with the 40D like this one. This one has to be my favorite.
IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7280/7620817656_2d30a17f99_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …ngelocalderon/7​620817656/  (external link)
morekeithswagedit (external link) by Angelo Francis Calderon (external link), on Flickr

ROYAL ORIGIN.

sponsored links

1,573,512 views & 394 likes for this thread
Canon 60D Users, Unite! (4!)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.