Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 01 Jan 2005 (Saturday) 13:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: -=Photography Tips and Tutorials List=-

photogdesign
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 23, 2012 08:26 as a reply to  @ post 13683280 |  #46

Hi!
I just recently came across this e-book filled with good tricks and tutorials. It has changed my point of view on making special camera effects.

Look at my blog page of this e-book on the link in my signature.

E-book on photography, full of tips & tricks:
Trick Photography And Special Effects E-book (external link)

sponsored links
Stockimage
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 23, 2012 01:53 |  #47
bannedPermanent ban
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
jadahcorb
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Mar 11, 2012 08:59 |  #48

This is like heaven to me! Thanks so much for sharing these tutorial links!

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams
{{{ Photographer for Clothing (external link) }}}

cacique
71 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011

Apr 26, 2012 15:46 |  #49

Thanks for all the information on here

www.caciquephotography​.com (external link)

JohnKokWithAdSLR
72 posts
Joined Feb 2011

May 09, 2012 01:27 |  #50

IMAGE: http://famecherry.com/wp-content/graphics/2012/05/IMG_6759-2_thumb.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://famecherry.com/​models/posing-mastery-v1-0/  (external link)

Dear Friends

I has just completed a guide to mastering posing when it comes to portrait modeling

Fundamentals aside, in my work the complexities of a modeling pose have been broken down into 3 distinctive parts with supporting influences taken into consideration.

The reason of this is to package it for ease of understanding, application and eventual mastery =)

The Anatomy Of Any Pose Is As Follows

A) Body - The body is the base of any pose, it provides the foundation for the pose.

B) Facial expression - The face gives emotion to the pose, it provides the soul for the pose

C) Body Language - Hands are an essential part of body language, hand posing provides sophistication and flair to the pose

Fundamentals Aside, The Supporting Influence On Posing Is As Follows

Visualization - You will not be able to pose well if you have no mental image of how your pose will look like. Familiarization on how you look when you do the pose in order to “see it” in your mind.

Experience - Knowing what pose to use in the given situation

Camera Charm - Camera Charm is the single element which distinguishes each and every portrait model to be unique not only by looks, it is the factor which reaches out to the audience of the photograph and grabs them by the collar and make them pay attention.

The fundamentals of posing and each of the points above is elaborated in detail with the aid of illustrations at http://famecherry.com/​models/posing-mastery-v1-0 (external link)

In my effort to better understand the human condition, I have spent the past 12 months gathering raw data in a standardized manner. The creation of this guide is one of the practical applications based on the analytical results from the data that I have collected. Although I would admit that my work is still in its infancy, I hope that my guide would be helpful for you.

Should you have any feedback on my work please let me know, it would mean a lot to me and it will aid countless models and photographers who have an interest in portraiture.

Thank you very much

MALAYSiA PHoTOGRaPHy GROuP (external link)

tushjain
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jun 18, 2012 02:55 |  #51

Although this composition guide is written for painters, it is largely applicable to photographers as well -
http://photoinf.com …pe_composition_​rules.html (external link)

Also adding a link to my own blog on photography tips, which I am currently writing and expanding -
http://www.twistedtrip​od.com (external link)

Photography Tips to shoot like the Pros (external link)
www.twistedtripod.com (external link)

milad93
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 01, 2012 02:09 |  #52
bannedPermanent ban
SPAM PUT AWAY
This post is marked as spam.
photofreak99
43 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 19, 2012 14:22 as a reply to  @ milad93's post |  #53

Looking for tips on focusing your DSLR camera? Here's a new video:

DSLR Camera Focus Tips
http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=x4bQc36r5ek (external link)

I hope you find it helpful.

Phil Steele

My Photography Websites:
SteeleTraining.com (external link)
SteeleVisions.com (external link) Personal Photography Site and Blog
BurnMonkey.com (external link) Photos from the Burning Man Festival

ashikuli1
79 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Sep 06, 2012 14:57 as a reply to  @ photofreak99's post |  #54

Very Nice tutorial. Thanks

Canon 6D|Canon 60D |Canon 50 1.8| Canon 85mm 1.2 L | Canon 24-105 L| Canon 17-40 L| Canon 17-55 IS | Canon 70-200 L F4 IS | 430Ex II |

phonedrn8
92 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 03, 2012 12:12 |  #55

very good info here, I will be refering back to this for a while

JohnKokWithAdSLR
72 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 26, 2012 05:56 as a reply to  @ post 5472904 |  #56

IMAGE: http://famecherry.com/wp-content/graphics/2012/10/IMG_14111.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://famecherry.com/​models/conquest-of-ego/  (external link)

Dear Friends

I have just completed an advanced guide on the relation between ego and performance portrait modelling.

In my guide we talk about the more abstract aspect of modelling dealing with an intrinsic Factor X which may not directly be quantified but it can be shown through some methods of testing.

In conciser words, Factor X is a measure of effective communication to others the information of “WHO YOU ARE” expressed though photo or any other mediums of expression.

Effectively speaking, there are two strategies when it comes to the development of factor X

1 ) Create An Alter Ego ( Quick )

2 ) Self Identification & Acceptance ( Long Term )

The Identification And Conquest Of Alter Ego & True Ego In Performance Modelling is elaborated in detail with the aid of illustrations at (external link) http://famecherry.com/​models/conquest-of-ego/ (external link)

In my effort to better understand the human condition, I have spent 12 months gathering raw data in a standardized scientific manner. The creation of this guide is one of the practical applications based on the analytical results from the data that I have collected. Although I would admit that my work is still in its infancy, I hope that my guide would be helpful for you.

Should you have any feedback on my work please let me know, it would mean a lot to me and it will aid countless models and photographers who have an interest in portraiture.

Thank you very much

MALAYSiA PHoTOGRaPHy GROuP (external link)

RbnDave
Goldmember
1,077 posts
Joined Feb 2002

Dec 05, 2012 12:47 |  #57

I have written an extensive series of photography lessons at my blog. The series starts with photography basics and also covers some Photoshop concepts. Further down, you will find essays where I try to articulate various ideas about photography. Here it is: free photography course (external link)

California Photographer (external link) -- My Photo Blog (external link) -- Free Photography Lessons (external link) -- Twitter (external link)

SaadMasood
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 31, 2012 04:13 |  #58

these are very very useful thanks for sharing

Photography and Artwork ! (external link)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 31, 2012 20:39 |  #59

Hey, I saw this "Sticky" pop up, and it dawned on me that our RAW Conversion Thread didn't have a link here, so check it out!!!

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,778 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 31, 2012 20:47 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #60

Great thread.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

sponsored links

200,541 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=Photography Tips and Tutorials List=-
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.