Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 25 Aug 2012 (Saturday) 06:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Question about Domke F6

msimon
47 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 25, 2012 06:57 |  #1

First time poster here.

Recently got a canon 60D for taking pictures of my cats as I have like 20+ (no joke), so you guessed it i like cats but now im stuck into photography and really do enjoy it and wanting to start taking my kit with me when im out and about, so now i have a 40mm pancake which is tasty and a 70-200 F4 L which is awesome.

so got the camera brought a Lowepro 180 AW which doesn't even the 60D properly and now with the 70-200 the bag in is just the most useless peace of nylon i have, so now im using it to store my bits to keep them dust free.

I was looking at Domke F6 as its not to big and not to small as carrying around something to big would be a pain, but im having trouble finding posts to see if the L lens fits in the lens compartments with lens hood reversed as they look rather slim in pictures.

So after blabbering all that the only question it comes down to, does the Domke F6 fit my F4 L with lens hood reversed.

sponsored links
treck_dialect
689 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 25, 2012 07:18 |  #2

that should fit

well hello
http://aleccorpuz.word​press.com/ (external link)
Flickr (external link)

friz
Goldmember
1,595 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Aug 26, 2012 10:58 |  #3

Can't go wrong really. I have 2 Domkes and they seem to have an interesting quality in that they seem to expand to fit about whatever you seem to want to shove in them on any given day. Here is a pic of a gripped 5D and a 70-200 in an F6 with room to spare. If it's not perfect, the used market on them is strong. Just sell it and get another.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i47.photobucket​.com/albums/f184/frizz​1/file.jpg (external link)

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 26, 2012 18:10 |  #4

If you're meaning you want to carry the 70-200 vertically in the F6, the F6 is too shallow. You might want to look at the F3x, which is about the same volume but, IMO, a much more versatile bag. The F6 is well-suited to the person who uses wide-moderate telephoto prime lenses however.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

msimon
THREAD ­ STARTER
47 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 27, 2012 17:09 |  #5

Thank you for you replies.

Jon, I took a look at the F3X and its looks pretty good so I will bite the bullet and purchase that one.
I cant believe its this hard to find the perfect bag for your needs, its hair pulling.

I'm hoping it will have ample room for bigger kit like a 5D if i ever do own on.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 27, 2012 18:23 |  #6

msimon wrote in post #14914375 (external link)
Thank you for you replies.

Jon, I took a look at the F3X and its looks pretty good so I will bite the bullet and purchase that one.
I cant believe its this hard to find the perfect bag for your needs, its hair pulling.

I'm hoping it will have ample room for bigger kit like a 5D if i ever do own on.

I do, and it will. I've carried a 1D3 in it on occasion. I have both the F3x and the F6; the F6 mostly decorates the closet while the F3x sees the world.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

thenextguy
Goldmember
2,565 posts
Gallery: 99 photos
Best ofs: 8
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 27, 2012 19:08 |  #7

I like that you said you have "20+" cats. It's so many, you don't even know how many you have! :D

Steve -- Website (external link) -- Flickr (external link) -- Tumblr (external link) -- Instagram (external link) -- 500px (external link) (New!)
Canon 5Ds R | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 35 F2 IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200L f/2.8 II

MRagon
953 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 27, 2012 20:40 |  #8

Good choice. I have the Domke F-2 and F-3x and I use the F-3x most of the time. I carry my 7d, the 17-55 and the 70-200 f/4 with room to spare. Sometimes I throw in a wide angle or my 100mm macro. The end pockets each hold a flash and the front pocket section holds filters, extra batteries,etc. It's so nice and soft that it never feels too bulky. I like it because the 70-200 will sit in it vertically. I pull out the F-2 for long trips where I want to carry 4 lens rather than 3.

Canon 7D | Canon G12 | 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 |17-55mm f2.8 IS | 24-105mm f4L IS USM | 70-200 f4L IS | Ʃ 30 f1.4 | 50mm f1.4 | 85mm f1.8 | 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | 430EX II | LumoPro LP 160

msimon
THREAD ­ STARTER
47 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 28, 2012 07:16 |  #9

Is it worth spending the extra and getting the waxed version otherwise I would go sand.

I heard the wax comes off onto your gear and is less flexible.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 28, 2012 09:26 |  #10

I haven't owned any of the Ruggedwear ones; the canvas does a very good job of keeping moisture out of the main compartment. As to the wax coming off, it's essentially the same stuff as Barbour makes their waterproof coats out of. Unless you're in fairly hot climates I wouldn't expect it to be a problem.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 28, 2012 15:11 |  #11

Isn't the regular canvas thicker?
I bought a Ruggedwear F3X. It's fine. However, next time I shall get regular canvas. YMMV

I had a Barbour motorcycle coat that lasted 40 years. A friend's waxed cotton Belstaff coating came off on his wife's coat first ride together. Different quality in the coating...

Dave

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 28, 2012 16:58 |  #12

I believe it is, but I don't know how much. I suppose that the waxing process might affect the bulk of the threads.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

msimon
THREAD ­ STARTER
47 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 28, 2012 17:10 |  #13

I went with the normal sand canvas.

I ordered straight from Domke UK as I saved some money, I normally shop at Amazon but there overpricing some of the bags probably to get the free super saver delivery in price.

msimon
THREAD ­ STARTER
47 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Aug 28, 2012 17:42 |  #14

Oh I almost forgot, thanks for taking your time help me out.
Its sometimes hard to find helpful places on the web, this place just seems so laid back and cheerful with none of that trollness and whining although you Americans to tend to be friendly even if we do have disagreements like tea, coffee and pubs.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 28, 2012 17:52 |  #15

What? I drink tea rather than coffee and prefer a good ale that's not served in an ice cube. Are you saying that's no longer acceptable in the UK? :{)#

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

sponsored links

4,610 views & 0 likes for this thread
Question about Domke F6
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.