Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 22 Aug 2012 (Wednesday) 21:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lady Patriots vs Lady Indians HS Soccer

mrwilt
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 22, 2012 21:51 |  #1

Well, the soccer season has officially started. We had a double header (ha! get it?) Tuesday night with both girls and boys varsity teams playing. The girls were victorious against the Indians 10-0 and the boys won 8-0. A great start to the season for both teams. The boys were State Runner-ups last year and I think they're poised to win it all this year, as long as they stay healthy. Here are some pics from the girls game.

IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-PjNxhrt/1/XL/IMG7907-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-V6tx86V/1/XL/IMG7910-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-dxgQ9r6/1/XL/IMG7947-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-SNmd5Js/1/XL/IMG7973-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-G4M9nB2/1/XL/IMG8026-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-MsW3x8m/1/XL/IMG8071-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-N5P9Fv9/2/XL/IMG8184-XL.jpg
IMAGE: http://drewwiltphotography.smugmug.com/WashingtonGirlsSoccer2012/vsBerkeleySprings/Varsity/i-5Cg7rMH/2/XL/IMG8204-XL.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS Rebel T1i Gripped | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Ʃ 70-200mm f/2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 23, 2012 09:09 |  #2

really nice set, 6,7 and 8 are my favorites

JLBS
801 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 23, 2012 09:16 |  #3

Nice set of photos...favourites: 2/6/7. Well done!

Jose Luis Silva-A Portuguese guy living in Brazil - Owner of Agencia F8 Fotojornalismo (www.agenciaf8.com (external link))
Canon 1D Mkiv, Canon 5D MKII, Canon 7d mkii-Canon L 300mm 2.8 L IS USM-Canon 70-200mm L 2.8-Canon 24-105mm L

mrwilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 23, 2012 10:17 |  #4

rick_reno wrote in post #14896001 (external link)
really nice set, 6,7 and 8 are my favorites

Thanks, Rick! Always nice to hear from you!

JLBS wrote in post #14896043 (external link)
Nice set of photos...favourites: 2/6/7. Well done!

Thank you, Jose. I went to your website. Fantastic photos!

Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS Rebel T1i Gripped | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Ʃ 70-200mm f/2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Aug 24, 2012 11:50 |  #5

Nice set!

Does anyone know what kind of knee brace that is in #6? Only started seeing them recently.

Joel

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Aug 24, 2012 14:03 |  #6

Last two photos have players are wearing different kit..... looks more like a scrimmage than a match.

joeblack2022 wrote in post #14901259 (external link)
Nice set!

Does anyone know what kind of knee brace that is in #6? Only started seeing them recently.

Its called Physio Tape and its been around for a long time. You probably only noticed it because a lot of athletes wore it at the Olympics.

Gear List

mrwilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 27, 2012 08:32 |  #7

joeblack2022 wrote in post #14901259 (external link)
Nice set!

Thanks Joel!

PixelMagic wrote in post #14901764 (external link)
Last two photos have players are wearing different kit..... looks more like a scrimmage than a match.

Its called Physio Tape and its been around for a long time. You probably only noticed it because a lot of athletes wore it at the Olympics.

Great observation, PixelMagic. The only thing I can think of is Berkeley Springs is a small school and probably doesn't have the funding for a complete set of kits. Or the player brought her home game kit rather than the away game kit.

smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

JLBS
801 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2009

Aug 29, 2012 11:07 |  #8

mrwilt wrote in post #14896286 (external link)
Thanks, Rick! Always nice to hear from you!

Thank you, Jose. I went to your website. Fantastic photos!

Sorry to thank you only now, mate!

Jose Luis Silva-A Portuguese guy living in Brazil - Owner of Agencia F8 Fotojornalismo (www.agenciaf8.com (external link))
Canon 1D Mkiv, Canon 5D MKII, Canon 7d mkii-Canon L 300mm 2.8 L IS USM-Canon 70-200mm L 2.8-Canon 24-105mm L

skwirnmn
Goldmember
1,058 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Aug 29, 2012 14:28 |  #9

the last two look a little bit warm. 2 is an awesome capture, what exactly happened there?

Croasdail
making stuff up
7,540 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Aug 29, 2012 21:49 |  #10

Good stuff... and good job resisting the over sharpening seen here way to often. No outlining artifacts at all on these from my quick look. Well done set.

Not a huge fan of the watermarks though... the detract from the images.... a lot. Are you really worried people are going to steal your photos?

Mark
Its by knowing and mastering all the rules that you learn which ones you can break.

mrwilt
THREAD ­ STARTER
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 29, 2012 22:01 |  #11

skwirnmn wrote in post #14922771 (external link)
the last two look a little bit warm. 2 is an awesome capture, what exactly happened there?

I'm seeing that, too. The sun at that time was sitting really low in the sky. I'll be sure to go back and check the temp. If I remember correctly for number 2, she was playing defense and tried to clear the ball by kicking the ball back over her head. I believe she shanked it though, but the keeper was there to clear the ball.

Croasdail wrote in post #14924474 (external link)
Good stuff... and good job resisting the over sharpening seen here way to often. No outlining artifacts at all on these from my quick look. Well done set.

Not a huge fan of the watermarks though... the detract from the images.... a lot. Are you really worried people are going to steal your photos?

Thanks Mark! I've gone back and forth on watermarking the center of my photos. I guess I am a little worried about missing some sales. I could lower the opacity a little more and maybe it wouldn't be so distracting.

smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

sponsored links

2,217 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lady Patriots vs Lady Indians HS Soccer
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.