Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 27 Aug 2012 (Monday) 15:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My Business Card

brett201
85 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Aug 28, 2012 17:17 |  #31

since you state you will be giving them away at car shows I like your idea of having people in the background. To me it states you are one of them, part of the crowd, sociable, that kind of thing. I think the "thank you " on back also contributes to that feeling I get, but I would leave the thank you off. But that's just me.

Also I would do a mock up of the back in blue instead of black to see how that looks. Everything seems to be in black lately. I am bored with it.

I think in your third post you said you were new to doing this but you have probably already thought of this: go to Walmart and get a print made for 30 cents to get an idea of how it will look when done.

sponsored links
Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 28, 2012 17:35 |  #32

brett201 wrote in post #14919060 (external link)
since you state you will be giving them away at car shows I like your idea of having people in the background. To me it states you are one of them, part of the crowd, sociable, that kind of thing. I think the "thank you " on back also contributes to that feeling I get, but I would leave the thank you off. But that's just me.

Also I would do a mock up of the back in blue instead of black to see how that looks. Everything seems to be in black lately. I am bored with it.

I think in your third post you said you were new to doing this but you have probably already thought of this: go to Walmart and get a print made for 30 cents to get an idea of how it will look when done.

Ahh, I actually have not heard of the Walmart thing. Appreciate it, do you think i should keep the "Your ride blah blah blah on my page!" part?

6D -- Canon 24-105 -- 50mm f1.8 -- Canon 16-35 f/4 -- Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II -- Canon 85 1.8
Flickr (external link)FaceBook (external link)

brett201
85 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Aug 28, 2012 17:58 |  #33

Keedo wrote in post #14919122 (external link)
Ahh, I actually have not heard of the Walmart thing. Appreciate it, do you think i should keep the "Your ride blah blah blah on my page!" part?

If it were me I would leave off the "Your ride..." part. At least the first time around. Hikin Mike made the point about that.

Or course neither him nor I know your particular situation. Do you have many images of cars there now? (i didnt think to look if you had link to your page)

To me that would be something to present to car owners in conversation. You know, like, a guy spent lots of blood, sweat and tears (and MONEY) building his car. How much did you spend on your facebook page? Create cool enough photos of peoples cars and maybe they will want to be a part of your facebook page.

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 28, 2012 18:06 |  #34

brett201 wrote in post #14919192 (external link)
If it were me I would leave off the "Your ride..." part. At least the first time around. Hikin Mike made the point about that.

Or course neither him nor I know your particular situation. Do you have many images of cars there now? (i didnt think to look if you had link to your page)

To me that would be something to present to car owners in conversation. You know, like, a guy spent lots of blood, sweat and tears (and MONEY) building his car. How much did you spend on your facebook page? Create cool enough photos of peoples cars and maybe they will want to be a part of your facebook page.

Gotcha, thanks to you and Mike I will be leaving it out. I will upload another view of the back when i change it to a blue, rather than a black.

6D -- Canon 24-105 -- 50mm f1.8 -- Canon 16-35 f/4 -- Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II -- Canon 85 1.8

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,592 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Aug 28, 2012 19:41 |  #35

igora90 wrote in post #14918947 (external link)
I would think that the card would look cool if there'd be only the car on a black background. The sky and people are too distracting.

Yep - removing some of the people isn't enough. The car looks great but the rest of the background makes it look like a snapshot and is distracting.

As for Keedo vs Keedo's - "Keedo Photography" is proper grammar.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2012 19:37 |  #36

heres the back

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2012 20:13 |  #37

or this?

HOSTED PHOTO

maverick75
Cream of the Crop
5,717 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2012

Aug 29, 2012 20:17 |  #38

I like the shot of the skyline, I'd use it. Get rid of the FB like button, that's only for those JDM fanboys.(sorry I missed page 2, already noted you took it off) Really like the QR code(because people these days are too lazy to even search something up.)

Also don't touch the wipers, that's something us car guys are really touchy about. If the window is down toss it inside or hand it to the owner if they're there. But most of us hate it when people touch our cars.

- Alex Corona Sony A7, Canon 7DM2/EOS M, Mamiya 645/67
Flickr (external link) - 500px (external link) - Website (external link)- Feedback -Feedback

AmpLee
158 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Aug 29, 2012 20:24 |  #39

I like it. I might try a gradation of "Keedo Photography" from top (white) to bottom (black). It might stick out better from the white part of the sky. Then again, it may look lame, but I think when you have a small card, the bottom of the lettering may be hard to see. Or maybe make "photography" blue so it sticks out (or some other color than white if blue is overdone).

Like me on Facebook (external link) :)

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2012 20:36 |  #40

AmpLee wrote in post #14924155 (external link)
I like it. I might try a gradation of "Keedo Photography" from top (white) to bottom (black). It might stick out better from the white part of the sky. Then again, it may look lame, but I think when you have a small card, the bottom of the lettering may be hard to see. Or maybe make "photography" blue so it sticks out (or some other color than white if blue is overdone).

Awesome idea! Uploading it now.

maverick75 wrote in post #14924124 (external link)
I like the shot of the skyline, I'd use it. Get rid of the FB like button, that's only for those JDM fanboys.(sorry I missed page 2, already noted you took it off) Really like the QR code(because people these days are too lazy to even search something up.)

Also don't touch the wipers, that's something us car guys are really touchy about. If the window is down toss it inside or hand it to the owner if they're there. But most of us hate it when people touch our cars.

Gotcha, that is what i plan on doing now. If the owner is present then i will personally hand him the card, or if the window is cracked, i will slip it through. I will also have a bunch on my car and a friends car for others to take at their will.

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Aug 29, 2012 20:38 |  #41

Here is the updated front. Is there anything I should change? Should I keep it this way, or should I crop out the people around the car again?

HOSTED PHOTO

brett201
85 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Aug 29, 2012 21:15 |  #42

Keedo wrote in post #14924210 (external link)
Here is the updated front. Is there anything I should change? Should I keep it this way, or should I crop out the people around the car again?

I think it looks really cool. I looked at the back too, now I think the black looked better.

In another thread Hiken Mike brought up another very good point. That is it is nice to have white on the back side so you are able to write a note on it. That is a very good point too.

Looking at the back I am now thinking that it is an awful lot of attention to be giving a QR code when in reality they are probably not used much. And of course, you can always make the QR code image much smaller and still use it. Just a few thoughts. Nice job on the B.C.

NewEnglandPhotographer
Goldmember
2,343 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Aug 29, 2012 21:42 |  #43

I always think that the back of the card's background should be white because there are always reasons to write down phone numbers or names, or something like that. You can still keep the link and stuff printed on the back, but print it on a white background and leave a lot of negative space for writing. You will thank me later.

Canon 7D | 70-200mm f2.8is II L | 24-70mm f2.8 L | 50mm f1.8 | 28mm f1.8 | Canon 1.4x TC II | 580EX II

olstudios
115 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Aug 29, 2012 22:46 |  #44

you need to change up your font a bit, very bland and don't really stick out. Also add a drop shadow to have some separation, between the photo and the text. Nothing major, just to give it some separation.

pm me when you have a design you are ready to print, I have great prices on printing and i'll ship to your door.

Equipment:
Canon 60d | Canon 17-40mm F/4L | Canon Speedlite 430exII
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Keedo
THREAD ­ STARTER
355 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 03, 2012 11:29 |  #45

Well, finally been able to get around to this again. Here is the back side, is there anything you recommend I should change?

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

5,782 views & 0 likes for this thread
My Business Card
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.