Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 10 Sep 2012 (Monday) 05:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ideas about intolerance photography

ekfaysal
418 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 10, 2012 05:20 |  #1

guys, i'm gonna attend a workshop of art, its all about intolerance in the society
i'm gonna be participating in photography . have to display some super fine clicks and do a little presentation.
so i'm needing the ideas. what exactly to shoot.
at first i thought i must go out to traffic signals (i live in Pakistan) and capture the buggers, the poor people, some wrong doings, etc.
i may go to my village, there are plenty people living below the line where he dont get basic facilities , i can shoot alot there.

all i need , is more ideas. i'm gonna be photography alot this month . if you are in my shoe, what wud u do

P.S if im posting in wrong section . please move this thread

My INSTAGRAM (external link)

Facebook page (external link)

sponsored links
ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,481 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 10, 2012 05:39 |  #2

is the subject something that is intolerable to you/society etc?
or the more classic meaning of the word intolerance of one group vs another group?

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

ekfaysal
THREAD ­ STARTER
418 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 10, 2012 05:43 |  #3

ceriltheblade wrote in post #14970792 (external link)
is the subject something that is intolerable to you/society etc?
or the more classic meaning of the word intolerance of one group vs another group?

well ,they used intolerance in wide sense. it could be intolerance to society, or intolerance by the society on specific issue or something

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,481 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 10, 2012 06:27 |  #4

i can only assume that the subject would be highly personal...and local. I cannot presume to know about your locale as I have never been to Pakistan, but if it was me, I would look for something more universal...hate, distrust, dishonor of another person, place or symbol seems transcultural

but equally you could take this in political directions according to your own tastes.

or you could take a slightly lighter view of the issue and go for things like: "lactose intolerance"

though if you google "museum of tolerance" you might get some ideas

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

kfreels
Goldmember
4,297 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 10, 2012 10:06 |  #5

Then there is "lactose intolerance" but I'm not sure you want to photograph that.

I am serious....and don't call me Shirley.
Canon 7D and a bunch of other stuff

ekfaysal
THREAD ­ STARTER
418 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 10, 2012 10:16 |  #6

ceriltheblade wrote in post #14970871 (external link)
i can only assume that the subject would be highly personal...and local. I cannot presume to know about your locale as I have never been to Pakistan, but if it was me, I would look for something more universal...hate, distrust, dishonor of another person, place or symbol seems transcultural

but equally you could take this in political directions according to your own tastes.

or you could take a slightly lighter view of the issue and go for things like: "lactose intolerance"

though if you google "museum of tolerance" you might get some ideas

well, hate, distrust , dishonors shooting would be great things, but , i must have to go out and search something happening

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,085 posts
Gallery: 146 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Sep 10, 2012 10:20 |  #7

ekfaysal wrote in post #14970761 (external link)
guys, i'm gonna attend a workshop of art, its all about intolerance in the society
i'm gonna be participating in photography . have to display some super fine clicks and do a little presentation.
so i'm needing the ideas. what exactly to shoot.
at first i thought i must go out to traffic signals (i live in Pakistan) and capture the buggers, the poor people, some wrong doings, etc.
i may go to my village, there are plenty people living below the line where he dont get basic facilities , i can shoot alot there.

all i need , is more ideas. i'm gonna be photography alot this month . if you are in my shoe, what wud u do

P.S if im posting in wrong section . please move this thread

Look at the work of W.Eugene Smith and the photo essay detailing with the effects of Minamata disease, which was caused by a Chisso factory discharging heavy metals into water sources around Minamata, Japan and also Robert Frank especially the book" The Americans"

You could shoot how maybe a society is intolerant of woman or others that have a different religion from the majority and the way that majority is intolerant of the minority. The most difficult part of this is for your work to not become exploitive. Thats why I think its important to first see how those that have done it very well have approached it. Try not to take the obvious road.

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Sep 10, 2012 10:37 |  #8

How about shooting people who are intolerant of the intolerant? ;)

Tom

sponsored links

964 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ideas about intolerance photography
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.