Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 09 Sep 2012 (Sunday) 22:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thoughts on my site

abbypanda
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 09, 2012 22:55 |  #1

It's a work in progress: just added my first header. I also added a blog, and am trying to make the site match the blog...at least somewhat.

If you click a gallery you'll see it switch back to a white template/ outline. I didnt bother to go change all the specific galleries yet b/c I wanted to know some ideas before I go to all the work... in case I change it.

So primarily front page and blog. You can critique the organization and the photos if you need to as well. I dont like the buttons on the page one bit but dont know how to fix that....
I might change the header to just my logo but I wasnt sure. I do feel the nature pic is not very congruent with the sports gallery.

abbymalonephotography.​com (external link)

sponsored links
JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,445 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 10, 2012 02:57 |  #2

I really like the header, great job! You could always place the current header on your Nature gallery.

BTW, I really hate SM's gallery display!

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

abbypanda
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 10, 2012 10:26 |  #3

Thanks, I dont like the display either, it can be difficult to work with. Later on I thought I remembered something about a different header on each page but I have no idea how to do that. I guess that's what I'll be learning next :)

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
6,061 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 10, 2012 12:07 |  #4

Your header is very appealing to the eye, great choice of the different colors working together.
Also like the way you presented your name. is it a logo , or is it a script font.

My Gear flickr (external link)

abbypanda
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 10, 2012 12:15 |  #5

Thanks Bianchi, I just wrote my signature with a marker and had someone draw it. I actually wrote it a little nicer than I normally would have lol. I emailed smugmug to see if they can tell me how to put a different header on each page...as I may change it for each of the categories at top. Right now I just had set up my blog and wanted it to match. Thanks again!

JasonMK
Goldmember
1,377 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 10, 2012 12:43 |  #6

I don't know if you are doing maintenance, but the link doesn't come up for me (I've tried it several times).

-JasonMK on Flickr (external link)
1Ds Mark III | 650D | EF 17~40mm 4L | EF-S 18~135 STM | EF 50mm 1.4 | EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro | Tamron 70~300mm 4.0-5.6 Di VC USD XLD | 430 EX III | 430 EX II | Lowepro SlingShot 100 AW | EF 25 II | PS CC | LR CC

abbypanda
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 10, 2012 13:02 |  #7

Jason, you can try directly: abbymalone.smugmug.com Not sure what's going on with the link. I'll check it.

JasonMK
Goldmember
1,377 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 10, 2012 13:15 |  #8

abbypanda wrote in post #14972381 (external link)
Jason, you can try directly: abbymalone.smugmug.com Not sure what's going on with the link. I'll check it.

Thanks, that link worked just fine. But, then on your site the only link that worked was for facebook and the redirect at the bottom (although the image link was broken and just shows up as a red x). Sorry :(

-JasonMK on Flickr (external link)
1Ds Mark III | 650D | EF 17~40mm 4L | EF-S 18~135 STM | EF 50mm 1.4 | EF 100mm 2.8 USM Macro | Tamron 70~300mm 4.0-5.6 Di VC USD XLD | 430 EX III | 430 EX II | Lowepro SlingShot 100 AW | EF 25 II | PS CC | LR CC

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 10, 2012 13:27 |  #9

tried posting a comment on the blog and received a "database error"

jonathan @ tlcphoto.com (external link) - pro wedding and portrait photog
5d2 5d3 50L 16-35 70-200 ElinchromRX600 580EX 600EX VIV285

abbypanda
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 10, 2012 13:30 |  #10

I use godaddy....I have like 70 something sites with them for my other biz (landing pages) it looks like none of them are working. I've been trying to call godaddy for 1/2 hour and i get a busy signal. Anyone else use them? having problems at the moment?

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,856 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 10, 2012 15:05 |  #11

Looks like GoDaddy got hacked and are having major problems. http://www.nbcnews.com …ims-responsibility-990406 (external link)

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

abbypanda
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,804 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 10, 2012 23:13 |  #12

I think things are working again. I am guessing the blog problem was due to godaddy going down. I read it went down kinda slowly and I was building another landing page before the issue with this site and that had problems when I was working on it.

Someone left a comment on the blog so I think it's all good. Thank you. Smugmug emailed me how to make a separate header for each page so I'll prob read up and learn how to do that this week or this weekend!

sponsored links

1,132 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thoughts on my site
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.