Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 10 Sep 2012 (Monday) 12:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Same Day Edit :: Amanda + Andy

Kylemorgan88
423 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Sep 10, 2012 12:46 |  #1

Our 3rd wedding video and the first one incorporating audio. CC welcome.

https://vimeo.com/4912​6193 (external link)

Chris
Goldmember
4,123 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 10, 2012 13:35 |  #2

Very nice. I really enjoyed whatching this video.
Loved the little girl getting ready
Loved the mic attached the groom when he was greeting his parents afterwards.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

Photo99
539 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 10, 2012 20:45 |  #3

A few shaky scenes during the ceremony I also noticed some quick in focus the blur and back to sharp a little distracting. I'm sure the couple will love it. Keep up the good work.

Photo99

Kento
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 12, 2012 10:32 |  #4

You have some horrendous noise in the shadows of a lot of your shots. If you are doing these for money I would seriously consider investing in a decent denoise plugin. Best one i've used so far is Denoiser II from Red Giant, but I hear good things about Neat Videos Denoiser. It's simply drag and drop for the most part so it shouldn't effect the same day edits.

The video could have flown better, it seems like maybe you started cutting the video to the beat of the music, but about 1 minute in the cuts became pretty sporadic and didn't flow well with the music.

At about 3:08 the Bride and priest are way out of sync with what they are saying. I'd recommend Plural Eyes and then double checking the sync after a rough draft render.

Why are you doing same day edits? Are you showing these at the reception?

Wedding videos are tough, everything happens so dang fast, it's tough to think fast enough to get the perfect white balance, wb shift, picture style settings, exposure, framing and audio for every shot, but I think with enough practice and constructive criticism we can get pretty darn close to pulling it off.

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

Kylemorgan88
THREAD ­ STARTER
423 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Sep 14, 2012 15:51 as a reply to  @ Kento's post |  #5

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check into the denoise plugin.

We tweeted audio sync and reloaded the video on Vimeo, so you shouldn't notice any lag now.

Yes we are showing these at the reception and we're doing Same Day Edits for two reasons.

1) Demand
2) Exposure

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,049 views & 0 likes for this thread
Same Day Edit :: Amanda + Andy
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.