Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 12 Sep 2012 (Wednesday) 23:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

D600 released.

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 14, 2012 12:16 |  #136

Don't think it has one, but you can buy this:

http://www.flashzebra.​com/hotshoes-shoes/0064.shtml (external link)

or

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ync_Terminal_Ad​apter.html (external link)

c2thew wrote in post #14990854 (external link)
anyone know if there is a pc sync hotshoe adapter so that you could still run an sb x00 flash on camera? The deal breaker for my needs is that it doesn't have a pc sync port which I would want.

Nikon/Fuji.
Gear is important but skills are very important :)

sponsored links
woos
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 14, 2012 13:09 |  #137

The D600 looks nice. What I like most about it are the small size, faster frame rate, and that they stuck with a 100% viewfinder. Small size is a big plus for back up bodies, and for most people upgrading from crop. Plus, it's still weather sealed. High ISO looks good, about the same as D800 honestly. We don't know yet if it's the sony sensor, but the look of the chip itself does look like Sony Exmor.

Too bad it doesn't have a movable screen.

The Canon 6d (if that is the name of it) could be great. We don't have enough info yet. The 11 point AF might be good. The rumor specs don't say if the other 10 points are cross, just that the center is 2.8 cross. We also don't know about the sensor, yet. A new 20mp sensor could be great, if it has a new high dynamic range design. If it doesn't, it's a fail imho. Also, I'm a huge flip screen proponent, so if it has one, that's a plus. If it has a higher dynamic range sensor, 11 cross points, and a movable screen, and comes under 2k, that's a win in my book. If it has the same tired dynamic range, only the center cross, and no movable screen--yuck.

amanathia.zenfolio.com

ching
Goldmember
1,370 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 14, 2012 13:31 |  #138

6D won't have a better sensor, It's gonna be the same sensor from 5D3 at best.

Nikon D800

MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 14, 2012 13:48 |  #139

miguelr wrote in post #14984159 (external link)
hope canon responds likewise. very tempted but i prefer canon ergonomics. i'll wait a bit..

That's how I feel.

I want badly to go full frame, but three grand is still more than I'm willing to pay, even with an L-class kit lens (which is usually the 24-105).

If Canon could get it down to $2500 with that lens, I'd be thrilled.

But, then, I'm just in it for fun.

Thank you. bw!

c2thew
Goldmember
3,929 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Sep 14, 2012 14:12 |  #140

those are'cold shoe adapters, meaning even if you mounted an sb800 or 900 on top, the camera wouldn't be able to send ittl signals to the flash.

Flickr (external link) |Gear|The-Digital-Picture (external link)|The $6 mic | MAGIC LANTERN (external link) | Welding Filter
Go Support Magic Lantern 2.3!!

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 14, 2012 14:32 |  #141

Google is your friend:

http://www.pixelhk.com​/Proshow.aspx?id=83 (external link)

c2thew wrote in post #14991432 (external link)
those are'cold shoe adapters, meaning even if you mounted an sb800 or 900 on top, the camera wouldn't be able to send ittl signals to the flash.

Nikon/Fuji.

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 14, 2012 14:36 |  #142

The news is D600 is made in Thailand, which would explain the reduced price.

http://d600.org …ers-about-the-nikon-d600/ (external link)

5D3 and a few lens
es.

ching
Goldmember
1,370 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Sep 14, 2012 14:45 |  #143

Nikon only make Pro body/lens in Japan
Same with D700 (japan) and D300s (Thailand) 3 years ago

HyperYagami wrote in post #14991549 (external link)
The news is D600 is made in Thailand, which would explain the reduced price.

http://d600.org …ers-about-the-nikon-d600/ (external link)

Nikon D800

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 14, 2012 15:29 |  #144

sploo wrote in post #14989311 (external link)
Hi Julian - how do you balance that out then? E.g. D800 + for landscapes & macro, 5D/1D for sports/telephoto? Do you generally travel with both systems, or just choose one for the job?

My other half also shoots Canon, and I have a small(ish) number of lenses that we share between us. I'd be interested in a D800 (or heck, maybe even a D600) for the landscape and macro work, but without buying her a new DSLR too we'd be carrying dupes of a lot of gear due to having two different systems.

EDIT: Forgot to add - I had a flick through your Zenfolio site. Nice pics!

Thanks. I make it work. Since I'm landscape guy, I only take my wide angle glass with me. :)

gqtuazon
756 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 14, 2012 16:59 |  #145

5Dmaniac wrote in post #14990212 (external link)
Canon still doesn't get it -if these rumored specs are correct. They are too afraid to impact their existing camera models so they keep bringing out these under whelming bodies. In the end nobody is happy - neither their customers nor Canon because there will come a point when even loyal customers give up and switch to the dark side.

It is useless to resist! May the force be with you.

Welcome to the darkside. ;)

Regards,
Glenn
My Gear
Flickr (external link)
My website (external link)

sploo
premature adulation
2,417 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 14, 2012 17:13 |  #146

jdizzle wrote in post #14991785 (external link)
Thanks. I make it work. Since I'm landscape guy, I only take my wide angle glass with me. :)

How do you find the ergonomics/button layout differences (and when/why would you use the Canon over the D800)? I'm resigning myself to the likelihood the Canon budget FF will be a poor relation to a D600, and couldn't justify the price of a 5D3 over just getting a 5D2, so I do have occasional thoughts of going to the dark side...

Camera, some lenses, too little time, too little talent

DarthVader
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
6,508 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Sep 14, 2012 17:34 |  #147

You know there is a fee to join the darkside, don't you ? :). We need to buy cookies.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i760.photobucke​t.com …%20images/Darth​Vader1.jpg (external link)

Nikon/Fuji.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 14, 2012 22:44 |  #148

sploo wrote in post #14992248 (external link)
How do you find the ergonomics/button layout differences (and when/why would you use the Canon over the D800)? I'm resigning myself to the likelihood the Canon budget FF will be a poor relation to a D600, and couldn't justify the price of a 5D3 over just getting a 5D2, so I do have occasional thoughts of going to the dark side...

I've shot a Nikon D3 before and it took me some time to adapt. I'm a type of a shooter that can adapt regardless of ergonomics and button placement. Most will say Canon is easier to use or vice versa with Nikon. In the end all I need is M mode, SS, ISO, and aperture. ;) Honestly, the ergonomics works well for me. Everyone has different size hands and I can understand how it can be awkward for some.

gqtuazon
756 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Sep 14, 2012 22:58 |  #149

DarthVader wrote in post #14992315 (external link)
You know there is a fee to join the darkside, don't you ? :). We need to buy cookies.

QUOTED IMAGE

bw! Classic!

Regards,
Glenn
My Gear
Flickr (external link)
My website (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 14, 2012 23:02 |  #150

gqtuazon wrote in post #14993513 (external link)
bw! Classic!

It should say "we have no banding". ;)

sponsored links

99,819 views & 0 likes for this thread
D600 released.
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.