Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Sep 2012 (Sunday) 20:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon eos 6d offically announced

Mike55
Goldmember
4,206 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 17, 2012 10:15 |  #301

blackjack999 wrote in post #15003117 (external link)
The wifi feature will allow you to connect your DSLR to your tablet. You will be able to use it to share your pics on Facebook.

http://www.canon-europe.com …gital_SLR/eos_r​emote.aspx (external link)

hehe that was sarcasm. :cool:

6D | 70D | 24-105 L IS | 17-40 L | 300 F4 L IS | 50 1.8 II | 1.4x II | LR5 | HV30 | bug spray | wilderness
Gallatin National Forest, Montana (external link)/Lassen Volcanic NP Campgrounds (external link)

sponsored links
Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 17, 2012 10:16 |  #302

lonescout wrote in post #15003195 (external link)
I guess the real pain is for the guys looking to upgrade their 5D mkII. Waiting for the 5D mkIII price to come down, this won't happen as there is now a cheaper product. The extra kick being that 5D mkII second hand/trade in prices will probably now drop sharply as who wants to buy second hand when they can have more recent technology new?

The 5D3 has been on sale for around $2,800 a lot recently. That is a pretty huge price drop. At $1,500 difference in price the 6D looks a lot more attractive than at just $700 difference.

Sooner or later to stay competitive Canon is going to have to bring the body only price of the 5D3 sub $3k, and the 6D to around $1,800 by next holiday season.

All this will as you say drive down the prices of the 5D2 and 5Dc used.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

Bakewell
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 17, 2012 10:16 as a reply to  @ post 15003180 |  #303
bannedPermanent ban

This is going to be priced almost three times the price of a T4i? Really? Guess no 70D. Where would it fit in this lineup?

Dave

Tony-S
Cream of the Crop
9,903 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 17, 2012 10:18 |  #304

Sorry, but without going through the entire thread is there any information on the dynamic range of this sensor?

"Raw" is not an acronym, abbreviation, nor a proper noun; thus, it should not be in capital letters.

KhanhD
"I need a grip . . . on my life"
1,523 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 17, 2012 10:18 |  #305

Bakewell wrote in post #15003231 (external link)
This is going to be priced almost three times the price of a T4i? Really? Guess no 70D. Where would it fit in this lineup?

60D with more video control.

Khanh Duong | KHDPhoto.com (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link)
iPhone 5s + Instagram (external link)

mantra
Goldmember
1,617 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 17, 2012 10:19 as a reply to  @ Bakewell's post |  #306

about the built quality

Magnesium alloy, polycarbonate top plate

is the same of the 5d mark 2 ?

thanks

canon 5d markII,24L & 24ts , 35L ,17-40L,24-70L,70-200 2.8ISL,50 1.4,85 1.4 , canon eos 3 ,eos 5 ,t90 , ae program and some very sweet fd lenses
3 analogic Hasselblad and 2 anologic Mamiya

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 17, 2012 10:21 |  #307

mantra wrote in post #15003244 (external link)
about the built quality is the same of the 5d mark 2 ?

thanks

I believe the 5D2 is all magnesium, but they need to use plastics for the top of the 6D to allow the wifi and GPS antennas to work.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

Neilyb
Cream of the Crop
5,192 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 17, 2012 10:22 |  #308

Tony-S wrote in post #15003239 (external link)
Sorry, but without going through the entire thread is there any information on the dynamic range of this sensor?

Distinct lack thereof ;) read that as you will.

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.com (external link)

http://www.natureimmor​tal.com (external link)

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Sep 17, 2012 10:25 |  #309

100,000 cycle shutter count & a price tag of $2099.00 price tag would have me saving for the mark iii or look @ the nikon D600 exact same price point but so much more!

http://m.dpreview.com …-uncompressed-1080p-video (external link)

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

Neilyb
Cream of the Crop
5,192 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 17, 2012 10:25 |  #310

RDKirk wrote in post #15003061 (external link)
My point is that if Canon is changing their basic model line-up philosophy, it would have been planned years ago and will take years to accomplish.

Sometimes during the cycles of several projects, a feature can miss one project by weeks or even days, then manage to make it into the cycle of the next project.

Different projects will have different cycle times. Rebels have short project cycles--we can expect new features frequently to show up in more than one Rebel model before it finally makes it into a camera with a longer project cycle.

At one point, the feature might have been too large. By the next cycle, all components (or certain components) might have been miniturized enough to include it.

It always amuses me how people seem to think camera companies conspire to deliberately keep them--and them personally--frustrated.

My point was not about that, it was about the absolute fabrication of facts as to why the 5D series had crap AF!

Anyone doubting the AF. 7D, 5DIII and 1Dx all have the LCD screen AF module. 6D, like the 5DII and 5D has the basic, swapable (great for some) AF points on a screen module.

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.com (external link)

http://www.natureimmor​tal.com (external link)

wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 17, 2012 10:28 |  #311

kenshap wrote in post #15003212 (external link)
Just asking, you have personally tested the af of the 6d?

nobody really knows till its released. i was honestly a bit miffed that they did not make all of the 11 points cross type, but according to the canon website, like i stated earler, that the outer most points become vertical sensitive at f/2.8. to me that is a good start. rereading this makes me think that when they say upper and lower points vertical line sensitve means that while in landscape orientation. if that is the case, then i might re-think this as an upgrade for me. if they mean upper and lower points while in portrait orientation it might be worth while. either way only the center is -3EV sensitive. the others are +.5...useless in the dark. but...having the center being that sensitive could really be a great improvement from what i am used to. i might have a 1D mark II for sale soon if anyone is interested!

from Canon...

Autofocus
Type
TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
AF Points
11 points

Center: cross-type at f/5.6; vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.

Upper and lower AF points: vertical line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.

Other AF points: Horizontal line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
AF Working Range
Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)

Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
Focusing Modes
1) Autofocus

- One-Shot AF

- AI Servo AF

- AI Focus AF

*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically.

2) Manual focus
AF Point Selection
(1) Automatic selection

(2) Manual selection
Selected AF Point Display
Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam
1) Enable

* With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, AF-assist beam is emitted automatically when necessary.

2) Disable

3) IR AF-assist beam only

* No AF-assist beam with flash bursts.

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

Tony_Stark
Shellhead
4,287 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 17, 2012 10:28 |  #312

So only 1 SD card, not dual option, got rid of the amazing joystick in the back?! Really Canon? Massive fail.

Nikon D810 | 24-70/2.8G | 58/1.4G
EOS M | 22 f/2 STM

Website (external link) | flickr (external link)

intence01
144 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 17, 2012 10:30 |  #313

5Diii was $2750 at Adorama over the weekend, I think I know what we'll all be saving up for ... patiently waiting for the 5Diii to hit $2500 ... maybe over Black Friday.

Not expecting anything from the 6D. Complete waste of time.

vorlon1
Goldmember
1,231 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 17, 2012 10:31 |  #314

The canon USA site is up: http://www.usa.canon.c​om …ameras/slr_came​ras/eos_6d (external link)

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin
5Dc Gripped, 6D Gripped, Nikon D300, Olympus OMD-EM1, Fuji XT-20, Pentax 50 1.4, 40mm f/2.8 Pancake, 24-105 mm L, 85mm 1.8, 18-200mm 3.5-5.6, Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 Macro, 70-200mm f/4 L, etc.
Smugmug: http://paladinphotos.s​mugmug.com/ (external link)

wernersl
Goldmember
1,944 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 17, 2012 10:31 |  #315

been up for a few hours now.

Shawn l Gear
Mamarazzi Photography (external link)
Wife owns the biz...I just shoot the weddings!

sponsored links

259,643 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon eos 6d offically announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.