Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Sep 2012 (Sunday) 20:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon eos 6d offically announced

skycolt
410 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Sep 17, 2012 12:01 as a reply to  @ post 15003681 |  #376

He is more like a joke for me, Ken Rockwell

1D IV | converted 1000D | ever changing lenses
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
jj_glos
Goldmember
1,938 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Sep 17, 2012 12:02 |  #377

jdizzle wrote in post #15003724 (external link)
To focus on one eye? :lol: I move the AF point too but, even then I don't use the center unless I need to. I guess the benefit is the increased sensitivity. Still, it's better to work with more than one point than just one.

True :D More is better, I don't know that in this case it would make me choose one over the other. One completely sucking and the other being decent would though!

gocolts
Goldmember
1,246 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Sep 17, 2012 12:02 |  #378

If I'm in the market for an entry-level full-frame Canon camera, I'm looking for a used/refurbuished 5dMK3, not this thing. Would it have killed them to at least give it 7D AF?

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 17, 2012 12:02 |  #379

lonescout wrote in post #15003694 (external link)
There is no out going model per se, the sector that was covered by the 5D mkII is now covered by the 5D mkIII and 6D.

Having a look at the second hand market it appears that some 1Ds mkIII owners are moving to the 5D mkIII, so the 5D mkx seems to have shifted slightly 'upwards' in its appeal. This leaves a gap further down the scale which the 6D fills.

Unless of course I am over simplifying things. Which is entirely possible. ;)

I still own my 1Ds 3 bcoz' the 5D 3 doesn't offer anything I need. Plus, the sensor is still plagued with banding. :)

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,921 posts
Gallery: 148 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 17, 2012 12:05 |  #380

jdizzle wrote in post #15003739 (external link)
I still own my 1Ds 3 bcoz' the 5D 3 doesn't offer anything I need. Plus, the sensor is still plagued with banding. :)

Banding sucks. We should be getting clean files at high ISO with no need to PP the noise out. I surely hope that this new 6D has better, cleaner high ISO performance than the 5D3, which has been a huge disappointment for those wanting 1Dx level image quality at an entry level/mid range price point.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Sep 17, 2012 12:05 |  #381

HyperYagami wrote in post #15003542 (external link)
agreed.

I honestly don't get why people expect 99% functionality of 5D3 at only 60% ($2100/$3500, use MSRPs) of the price.

this is already pretty much in every way better than 5D2 and pretty much the same price as a used 5D2 (don't compare with MSRP).

I think we expect the 6D to be spaced apart from the 5D3 about as equally as the D600 is spaced away from the D800. It is not. By comparison the 6D is already lagging way behind the D600, and the D600 will be on shelves this week. This camera does not exist in a vacume.

How is it "in every way better" than the 5D2? It is better than the 5D2 in a couple ways, the same as the 5D2 is a couple ways, and worse than tha 5D2 in a couple ways. And the same price as a used 5D2? Maybe a used 5D2 a year ago. A NEW 5D2 is $1,999 right now. Not refurb, brand new. Even before the announcement of the 6D it was $2,199 and could be had for less on sale.
http://www.adorama.com​/ICA5DM2.html (external link)

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 17, 2012 12:07 |  #382

gocolts wrote in post #15003738 (external link)
Would it have killed them to at least give it 7D AF?

would rather get nicely spread-out but less sensitive AF points than bunched up together but more sensitive ones, like they did with 5D2.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

Growingshort
372 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 17, 2012 12:07 |  #383

Ghost240sx wrote in post #15003667 (external link)
Why would it drop to more than half in price used? Do you forget that the 5Dc was the original entry level FF camera? The 5DII (and III) were simply created to expand from the entry level enthusiast to an advanced full frame enthusiast. Canon positioned this perfectly. Just because it doesn't satisfy YOUR needs doesn't mean it is a pointless camera or lacking. This is a great entry level camera that replaces the 5Ds position. 5DII prices will continue to drop because technology is advancing and people are choosing more viable options. New cameras aren't the only ones affecting camera body prices. Don't forget all the used 1D(1Ds) series cameras that are for sale. Proven workhorses offering more than these cameras.

In short, 6D is a great addition. 5DII will keep dropping in price as will the 5Dc. It is a camera, which is a tool. Not an investment. Gear Naz1s get over yourselves.

I was actually joking, and I agree with all you just said...apparently I need to rethink my humor haha:cool:

Nick S.|5D Classic|Nifty 50 |35L|
Flickr (external link)

lonescout
155 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Sep 17, 2012 12:10 |  #384

gocolts wrote in post #15003738 (external link)
If I'm in the market for an entry-level full-frame Canon camera, I'm looking for a used/refurbuished 5dMK3, not this thing. Would it have killed them to at least give it 7D AF?

It would not be good for 5D mkIII sales ;)

jdizzle wrote in post #15003739 (external link)

I did say 'some' owners. Again it's all about fitness for task, so to speak. I went with a 5D mkIII over a second hand 1Ds mkIII as being able to take the grip off for traveling is of benefit to me. Amongst others.

Gear still the same. Wife drops in now and again though :cool:.

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 17, 2012 12:11 |  #385

Billginthekeys wrote in post #15003758 (external link)
and worse than tha 5D2 in a couple ways.

People complain about 1) lack of joystick, 2) touchscreen and 3) SD card as "worse" (but honestly not to me). What are the others?

5D3 and a few lens
es.

Tawcan
Goldmember
2,679 posts
Joined Apr 2004

Sep 17, 2012 12:11 |  #386

Sigh why would Canon come out with a camera that would only sync at 1/180?

boblai.com (external link) |Facebook Fanpage (external link) | Flickr (external link)

boingy
Goldmember
1,052 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 17, 2012 12:13 |  #387

too bad about the af points...

Curious to see if the LV screen can MF better than any other standard screen..

Flickr (external link)
Blog (external link)

Flores
Goldmember
1,179 posts
Joined May 2010

Sep 17, 2012 12:13 |  #388

Warl0rd wrote in post #15003625 (external link)
I really can't understand why this camera has 11 AF points with only one cross type and the 650D has 9 points ALL cross type!

someone please explain me how can a $2000 camera have a crappier AF system then a $950 released EARLIER.

guess it depends on how the software uses them. for all we know at this point, the AF system on the 6D uses 'hints' from the surrounding points in order to better guess at when the image is in focus? maybe it cheats that way, and cross types would mess up the fuzzy logic involved.

thallikar
323 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Sep 17, 2012 12:14 |  #389

HyperYagami wrote in post #15003681 (external link)
http://www.kenrockwell​.com/canon/6d.htm (external link)

what's interesting is he has been using the camera since...March!?

nm: EXIF says 5D3, not sure what he's smoking.

ha ha. I was going to check the EXIFs too. What a leech. Funny comments from him on the site. What a joke

"The 6D is the world's best DSLR."

"The 6D has no M-Fn button near the shutter, which I never use anyway. "

"The differences are minor, so if money matters, of course get the 6D. " in 5D MIII vs 6d Comparison

http://500px.com/thall​ikar (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/64724969@N06/ (external link)

AOXOMOXOA
130 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 17, 2012 12:15 |  #390

cwphoto wrote in post #15003018 (external link)
The information is right there in the statement! FFS...

really? other than the letters on the lens, Does it tell me what they are used for? why they exist? or what the differences are?

There is no need to just state the obvious. Like there is really no need for me to keep replying to you.

But dude, come on man think before you post.

Canon EOS 7D Mark 2, Canon EOS Rebel T2i, Canon EOS Rebel XTI, Canon EFS 18-55 mm Kit lens, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Tamron SP AF17-50mm f/2.8 XR, Canon Speedlite 430EX, Canon VIXIA HF S10, Canon ELPH 100 HS, Quantaray QSX-9502TMBK, and a Remote trigger.

sponsored links

258,357 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon eos 6d offically announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.