Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 17 Sep 2012 (Monday) 14:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LEICA Announces New Products!

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,332 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Sep 17, 2012 20:32 |  #16

jdizzle wrote in post #15006207 (external link)
Allen, the new M is calling you with Live View. ;)

Maybe next fall. Im all in with the Monochrome right now.

sponsored links
jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 17, 2012 20:35 |  #17

airfrogusmc wrote in post #15006215 (external link)
Maybe next fall. Im all in with the Monochrome right now.

Cool. I'm dying to see images from the M with 24 MPs. :)

airfrogusmc
36,332 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 17, 2012 20:39 |  #18

Yeah me too. I think they said delivery in March and there is already a very long waiting list...

alt4852
Goldmember
3,419 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 17, 2012 20:49 as a reply to  @ airfrogusmc's post |  #19

do i get to say "i told you so" to all of the people who insisted that digital M's would never follow the 3-4 year update cycle like other high end cameras because they were built to last longer, and that leica would never include video because they focus on still frame photography? :p

we're in the digital age now, and it's only a matter of time before all of their models will include these features.

5D4 | Z21 | 35L2 | 50L | 85L2 | 135L

airfrogusmc
36,332 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 17, 2012 20:55 |  #20

alt4852 wrote in post #15006298 (external link)
do i get to say "i told you so" to all of the people who insisted that digital M's would never follow the 3-4 year update cycle like other high end cameras because they were built to last longer, and that leica would never include video because they focus on still frame photography? :p

we're in the digital age now, and it's only a matter of time before all of their models will include these features.

Big reason I'm really glad I'm going a Monochrome. There are some things I doubt they will do because trying to compete with the big two would be the kiss of death for them and I'm sure they know it. Live view is a good idea for landscape shooters.

andrikos
Goldmember
1,905 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 18, 2012 02:38 |  #21

The Monochrom is the only Leica I'd like to own. Too bad there's an extra ZERO in its price... :D

Think new Canon lenses are overpriced? Lots (and lots) of data will set you free!

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 18, 2012 02:47 |  #22

Now that Leica has revealed its cards, and with Sony's lagtest offering suggesting that it's moving in that direction, it looks like a prime opportunity for Sony to release a high-resolution full-frame mirrorless camera capable of taking interchangeable lenses. With the Leica being 24mp (and it remains to be seen how it will perform DR-wise in comparison to the Exmor) and with Sony's development cycles being considerably shorter than Leica's, a 36-to-54MP version, which would be capable of taking Leica lenses via an adaptor, would be a killer product.

Also, it remains to be seen what Hasselblad is up to, with the rumoured digital X-Pan.

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 18, 2012 05:03 |  #23

airfrogusmc wrote in post #15006248 (external link)
Yeah me too. I think they said delivery in March and there is already a very long waiting list...

Allen, if I can score a 50 Summilux there's a possibility for me to get back into the Leica camp. Leica M + 50 Summilux= WIN! :)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 18, 2012 05:06 |  #24

Shadowblade wrote in post #15007593 (external link)
Now that Leica has revealed its cards, and with Sony's lagtest offering suggesting that it's moving in that direction, it looks like a prime opportunity for Sony to release a high-resolution full-frame mirrorless camera capable of taking interchangeable lenses. With the Leica being 24mp (and it remains to be seen how it will perform DR-wise in comparison to the Exmor) and with Sony's development cycles being considerably shorter than Leica's, a 36-to-54MP version, which would be capable of taking Leica lenses via an adaptor, would be a killer product.

Also, it remains to be seen what Hasselblad is up to, with the rumoured digital X-Pan.

Really? Digital X-Pan? :eek:

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 18, 2012 05:09 |  #25

jdizzle wrote in post #15007796 (external link)
Really? Digital X-Pan? :eek:

It's being talked about on Luminous Landscape.

It may be a 1.5x crop version of the original X-pan, though. Either way, I'm hoping for some ultra-ultra-wide options...

airfrogusmc
36,332 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 18, 2012 06:56 |  #26

jdizzle wrote in post #15007791 (external link)
Allen, if I can score a 50 Summilux there's a possibility for me to get back into the Leica camp. Leica M + 50 Summilux= WIN! :)

Have you seen the charts on the new 50 summicron? For me its the most recent 35 summilux. Sometimes its worth the wait..

airfrogusmc
36,332 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 18, 2012 06:57 |  #27

Shadowblade wrote in post #15007802 (external link)
It's being talked about on Luminous Landscape.

It may be a 1.5x crop version of the original X-pan, though. Either way, I'm hoping for some ultra-ultra-wide options...

That would be interesting...

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 18, 2012 07:00 |  #28

airfrogusmc wrote in post #15008022 (external link)
Have you seen the charts on the new 50 summicron? For me its the most recent 35 summilux. Sometimes its worth the wait..

How much is the new Summicron?

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 18, 2012 07:24 |  #29

Allen, is this the one you're talking about?

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …on_M_50mm_f_2_0​_ASPH.html (external link)

Shadowblade
Cream of the Crop
5,805 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 18, 2012 07:29 |  #30

I'd like to see what it can do with this lens: http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ltra_Wide_Angle​_12mm.html (external link)

sponsored links

7,320 views & 0 likes for this thread
LEICA Announces New Products!
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.