Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 16 Sep 2012 (Sunday) 20:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon eos 6d offically announced

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,415 posts
Gallery: 596 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:39 |  #736

maverick75 wrote in post #15007123 (external link)
I don't think you can say that until it's been tested, who knows it might have better focusing than the 5DM2!

Thats why I'm waiting a bit... I wanna give the 6D a chance to throw a few punches, I know the 5DII is a good camera and its also not going to drop off the face of the earth or go up in price in the next 2 months most likely...

That and I may have adjusted my priorities, I'm thinking I want that Sigma 35mm f/1.4 now...

Gear, New and Old! RAW Club Member
Wanted: 70-200. Time and good health
Deviantart (external link)
Flickr (This is where my good stuff is!) (external link)

sponsored links
Mornnb
Goldmember
1,646 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 17, 2012 23:39 |  #737

KenjiS wrote in post #15007121 (external link)
Speaking of, I'm massively disappointed that the 6D only comes in black, Everyone knows Red ones are faster

Hmm, how much extra frame rate would I get from spray painting it red?

maverick75 wrote in post #15007123 (external link)
I don't think you can say that until it's been tested, who knows it might have better focusing than the 5DM2!

Should, on paper it's AF is a good improvement from the 5D mark II. Two more points and Ev sensitivity of -3 rather than -0.5.

Canon 5D Mark III - Leica M240
EF 16-35mm F/4 IS L - EF 14mm f/2.8 L II - - EF 17mm TS-E L - EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II - EF 70-200mm IS II f/2.8 L - Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX
Voigtlander 15mm III - 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH - 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M FLE - 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
500px (external link)

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,415 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:40 |  #738

Mornnb wrote in post #15007132 (external link)

None, You have to let the camera soak in the red, this can only be done in the factory, before installing anything else

You also forget that if its painted red the 5 sages of Redness come down and bless it...

rsboag
285 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 17, 2012 23:40 |  #739

Simplistic wrote in post #15007080 (external link)
^^ I suggest used 5D II. :)

KenjiS wrote in post #15007113 (external link)
I'd wait, when the 6D ships, the 5DII will possibly drop a little in price, I doubt it will go up...

Only thing is if you have no camera -now- then I'd say get the 5DII -now- Having a camera now for a few months is better than no camera waiting for tomarrow

That said, I'd maybe suggest getting a lens or two, You will have a whopping total of 1 lens for your new toy otherwise

I am going to wait, as I have a 40d now. But, I take mostly portraits of my kids. However, I am a little worried to make the jump to the 5d II due to the sucky AF and me wanting to take pictures of the kids in sport a few years now. I was thinking maybe the 6d will be better than the 5d II when it comes to action shots.

flickr (external link) | Canon 40D | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 430exII

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,934 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Sep 17, 2012 23:40 |  #740

rsboag wrote in post #15007077 (external link)
I actually like the camera. It has to be better than the 5d mark II in many ways.

it would be better than the 5dmk2 in so many ways, people are just blind.

it's about the quality of the photos and this camera is going way better than the 5dmk2.

but just wait till the reviews come out.

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

Simplistic
Goldmember
1,443 posts
Joined May 2012

Sep 17, 2012 23:41 |  #741

KenjiS wrote in post #15007113 (external link)
I'd wait, when the 6D ships, the 5DII will possibly drop a little in price, I doubt it will go up...

Only thing is if you have no camera -now- then I'd say get the 5DII -now- Having a camera now for a few months is better than no camera waiting for tomarrow

That said, I'd maybe suggest getting a lens or two, You will have a whopping total of 1 lens for your new toy otherwise

And we all know that that lens (50 1.8) is SO embarrassing to use on the MKIII or 6D... As discussed in another thread ;)

5D II | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | Canon 85 f/1.8 | Canon 24-105 f/4 L
WARNING!: Before commenting that my color correction is horrible, please keep in mind that I am colorblind, and that hasn't stopped me from trying.

Yohan ­ Pamudji
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 17, 2012 23:45 |  #742

theflyingkiwi wrote in post #15007138 (external link)
it would be better than the 5dmk2 in so many ways, people are just blind.

it's about the quality of the photos and this camera is going way better than the 5dmk2.

but just wait till the reviews come out.

That's a bold, bold claim with none of us having seen any real samples (Canon's don't count). Not even the 5DIII's image quality is "way better than" the 5DII. Why are we suddenly thinking the 6D will buck the trend? Meet up again in a few months to see if your crystal ball was right? If you're right that's the USP for the 6D right there, AF and all other shortcomings be damned.

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Sep 17, 2012 23:45 |  #743

KenjiS wrote in post #15007103 (external link)
That said in the film days we had $200 SLRs which had shutter, mirror and viewfinders, in fact, Thats pretty much everything that was in a film SLR, so those parts CANT be that expensive...

Im sure Canon could easily go into storage and repurpose the old shutter mechanisms from say, the Elan 7 or something for a DSLR

True, 1/10 the price for the same functionality.

Kinda like how the original Honda Civic CVCC was 1/10 the price of current Civics and offered the same ~40mpg freeway fuel economy. Surely Honda could repurpose some of that old hardware and save new car buyers some money, right? ;)

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:47 |  #744

Mornnb wrote in post #15007132 (external link)

Not nearly as much as you'd get from a NOS sticker on the lens hood.

-- Ken
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

FEChariot
Goldmember
4,427 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Sep 17, 2012 23:49 |  #745

KenjiS wrote in post #15007129 (external link)
That and I may have adjusted my priorities, I'm thinking I want that Sigma 35mm f/1.4 now...

Speaking of the new Sigma lenses, anyone upset about the 6D specs could have it worse. They could be one of the poor SOBs that just dropped over three bills to get a brand new Sigma 120-300/2.8 OS only to have it super-seeded a year and a half after it was released.

Canon 7D/350D, Σ17-50/2.8 OS, 18-55IS, 24-105/4 L IS, Σ30/1.4 EX, 50/1.8, C50/1.4, 55-250IS, 60/2.8, 70-200/4 L IS, 85/1.8, 100/2.8 IS L, 135/2 L 580EX II, 430EX II * 2, 270EX II.

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,415 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:50 |  #746

krb wrote in post #15007158 (external link)
Kinda like how the original Honda Civic CVCC was 1/10 the price of current Civics and offered the same ~40mpg freeway fuel economy. Surely Honda could repurpose some of that old hardware and save new car buyers some money, right? ;)

Kinda different, The issue in that case has more to do with emissions regulations getting tighter which meant the addition of catalytic converters and other emissions equipment which add weight and siphon off power and fuel efficiency, Increasing crash standards meaning the cars had to get stronger, and thus heavier, Market pressure to add new features to every model which again, added weight to the mix, and also the American market wanting bigger bigger and bigger, which again, increased the weight and size of the vehicle in question... Fuel efficiency was just the lowest priority on the totem pole in North America because it simply didnt sell cars until gas hit $4-5 a gallon...

The funny thing is the "old hardware" in the car industry frequently ends up in other countries, IE, they sell the old Golf in places in South America and Africa, I believe Russia bought one of the old Buick designs to domestically produce long after it was no longer relevant in the US and lets not get into the Chinese car industry...

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,415 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:53 |  #747

FEChariot wrote in post #15007165 (external link)
Speaking of the new Sigma lenses, anyone upset about the 6D specs could have it worse. They could be one of the poor SOBs that just dropped over three bills to get a brand new Sigma 120-300/2.8 OS only to have it super-seeded a year and a half after it was released.

I have my theory on that, I saw an awful lot of people who were complaining of electrical failures in that specific lens, I think Sigma chose to make that the first S lens because they had to fix a major design flaw with the electronics, As for folks who shelled out on the old one, I'm pondering if Sigma isnt going to just swap it out for them if they send the old one in for repair...

Agreed it does suck however, But hey, I was one of the guys who bought an iPhone on launch day for $600 only for Apple to drop the price $200 not 2 months later

rsboag
285 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 17, 2012 23:54 |  #748

I'm just a noob but since when has an older gen camera outshined a new one?

flickr (external link) | Canon 40D | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 430exII

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:56 |  #749

rsboag wrote in post #15007189 (external link)

Depends on what you consider outshining, but I'd take an "older gen" 1D mkIII over any current generation Rebel...

-- Ken
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

KenjiS
"Holy crap its long!"
21,415 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Sep 17, 2012 23:57 |  #750

rsboag wrote in post #15007189 (external link)

50D > 60D? The 50D did have quite a few things in it that made it better for some people than the 60D and it was being cleared out at a fantastic price that for a while made it a very good deal

You can pick up used 1-series bodies for the price of Rebels or xxD cams... They can in some ways be far superior

sponsored links

307,659 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon eos 6d offically announced
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.