Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 22 Sep 2012 (Saturday) 16:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

ANOTHER YELLOWSTONE SUNSET

Cucamonga ­ Al
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 22, 2012 16:24 |  #1

This is a shot that I have been playing with for about two years. Some days it would look just ok and others terrible. But, today, I think I might have it finished. Comments always appreciated and respected.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Have plenty of Canons, enough ammo, enough to blow 'em to "L". Now, I just have to learn to aim.

www.flickr.com/photos/​albert_l_lipsey (external link)

sponsored links
JGunn
642 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 22, 2012 17:31 |  #2

Nice shot!

J.Gunn - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
flickr (external link)
Canon 1D MkIV | 24mm f/2.8 IS USM • 50mm f/1.4 USM • 100mm f/2.8L IS USM • 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Kenko DG Ext Tubes

barkingspud
511 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Sep 22, 2012 18:19 |  #3

Very nice.I was at that same spot 3 years ago...

El ­ Duderino
Goldmember
1,921 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 22, 2012 20:28 |  #4

Pretty nice lighting and colors, but seems to suffer from jpeg compression.

Nikon D600 | Bower 14mm f/2.8 | Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR | Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 VR | Nikon 50mm f/1.8G | Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR
500px (external link) | flickr (external link)

MichSt
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Sep 22, 2012 21:29 |  #5

Great sunset and vantage. There's some fringing on the left edge that's a bit distracting. Also the exposure seems to be a bit on the dark side to my eye. Is this an merged image?? If so, I'd be interested to see what the individual images you merged look like.

Mario.Q

Canon EOS R

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,238 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Sep 22, 2012 21:34 |  #6

Very pretty shot...Beautiful colors.

Mark

Cucamonga ­ Al
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 23, 2012 18:44 |  #7

El Duderino wrote in post #15029530 (external link)
Pretty nice lighting and colors, but seems to suffer from jpeg compression.

Thanks for the comments. I agree about the jpeg compression. Most everything on here and Facebook suffer.

Have plenty of Canons, enough ammo, enough to blow 'em to "L". Now, I just have to learn to aim.

Cucamonga ­ Al
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,095 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 23, 2012 18:47 |  #8

MichSt wrote in post #15029703 (external link)
Great sunset and vantage. There's some fringing on the left edge that's a bit distracting. Also the exposure seems to be a bit on the dark side to my eye. Is this an merged image?? If so, I'd be interested to see what the individual images you merged look like.

Thanks for the comments. I noticed the "fringing" on the left side also. It might be caused by jpeg compression and no, this is a single shot. I'll try to correct the "fringing" problem and perhaps lighten it a tad.

sponsored links

1,272 views & 0 likes for this thread
ANOTHER YELLOWSTONE SUNSET
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.