Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 19 Sep 2012 (Wednesday) 18:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

20% off Canon Refurb Sale starts Sunday September 23rd

leahmt47
256 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Sep 26, 2012 07:34 |  #241

RHChan84 wrote in post #15037608 (external link)
haha, Planning it is already a pain in the a$$, colors don't match exactly, dress too long, dress too short, invitations does not match the theme, blah blah.

But theres no other person I'd rather be with then her.

I'm still trying to convince her before this is over.

From a woman's perspective tell her that you need it so you can take beautiful pictures of her on your honeymoon and that you want to be able to capture all the memories of your life together the minute your marriage starts. :)

Some romance and sentiment can get you a long way!!

5Dmkii, 24-70L T3i, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 60mm 2.8 macro, 430ex II and 580ex II.

sponsored links
pixelsoldier
105 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 26, 2012 07:52 |  #242

pixelsoldier wrote in post #15044266 (external link)
I'm going to call and ask what happened.

This is total bull. I called this morning and the customer service rep basically confirmed that my order had been cancelled and couldn't give a reason why. I then asked if seeing as I had already ordered it when it was in stock, if they could "reserve" me one when it came back in stock. She said that she could order it for me now, then upon seeing that it was OOS (big surprise) she said that I would have to order it again myself when it came back in stock. All in all the phone call lasted 3 minutes.

This has pissed me off.

GEAR:
T1i (500D) | 18-55mm IS | 55-250 IS
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/pixelsoldier/ (external link)

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 26, 2012 08:05 |  #243

I just got off the phone with a CSR and basically was given a BS story as well. I asked the status of my order and why it hasnt changed from "pending shipment" and I was told that they are waiting on my bank for funds. I told him that was strange because it already cleared my credit card. I never had this issue when I ordered my 5D2. Told me it should move to the warehouse stage in 1-2 days. No way to speed up the process or change shipping method without canceling. In all my years I have never had a CC hold payment on something unless it was disputed. I dont get it.

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

andmohr
120 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Sep 26, 2012 08:10 |  #244

Ordered mine yesterday at 6:45AM and received it this morning (overnight shipping) at 9:00AM EST.

My first L!

| Canon 6D | 35Art |

bsp
Goldmember
1,001 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 26, 2012 08:29 |  #245

pixelsoldier wrote in post #15044437 (external link)
This is total bull. I called this morning and the customer service rep basically confirmed that my order had been cancelled and couldn't give a reason why. I then asked if seeing as I had already ordered it when it was in stock, if they could "reserve" me one when it came back in stock. She said that she could order it for me now, then upon seeing that it was OOS (big surprise) she said that I would have to order it again myself when it came back in stock. All in all the phone call lasted 3 minutes.

This has pissed me off.

Canon Refurb Sale = (Lazy Canon CSR's + Super Low Inventory) x Mass Hysteria

Brian
Gear & Feedback

idsurfer
Cream of the Crop
6,032 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2010

Sep 26, 2012 08:38 |  #246

Question...can anyone speak for the date codes on the average lens being sold as a refurb? Are these usually pretty new?

Cory
Sony ⍺6400 | Sigma 56/1.4 | Sony/Zeiss E 24/1.8 | Sigma 16./1.4 | Zeiss Touit 12/2.8
flickr (external link)
Feedback

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 26, 2012 08:58 |  #247

After double checking with my CC on funds I called Canon back on got the real reason it was taking along time. My mistake was ordering it ground shipping. Not only does it take longer to ship, but they hold the item until the overnight and 2nd day shipping items have cleared. I guess that is the price you pay for free shipping. Just wish the first rep told me that upfront.

Gear List
"Those are some mighty fine pots and pans you have, they must make a great dinner!

cory1848
Goldmember
1,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 26, 2012 08:59 |  #248

idsurfer wrote in post #15044606 (external link)
Question...can anyone speak for the date codes on the average lens being sold as a refurb? Are these usually pretty new?

I would imagine they would have to be inside the warranty period which makes them less than a year old if they were returns from customers.

Gear List

2Live4
671 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Sep 26, 2012 09:06 |  #249
bannedPermanent ban

idsurfer wrote in post #15044606 (external link)

I bought 3 refurbished lenses from them back in june. The 17-40 has UX, 24-105 has UZ,, and 100 L has UA. And my 5D2 had 40 actuations. So they stuff are fairly new.

~Khánh - an amateur bOkeh-OLic
5D III & Some L's
Feedback | flickr (external link)

JTodd
325 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Sep 26, 2012 09:12 as a reply to  @ 2Live4's post |  #250

Many of the refurb items are used as loaners for CPS once and then sold.

5D Mark II
| Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-70L | Canon 70-200L II | Tamron 90 Macro | Sigma Macro Ring Flash | Elinchrom D-Lite 4 IT and BXRi 500 |

judyg
170 posts
Joined May 2005

Sep 26, 2012 09:47 |  #251

I ordered the 24-105 the first day of the sale with free shipping and it just arrived. Date code is UZ.

riotshield
425 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 26, 2012 09:50 |  #252

I find it odd the fine print on the deal says dealers/distributors/r​esellers are not eligible for the offer, yet you are allowed to order up to 10 of each lens per order. From reading other forums, somebody (or bodies) likely made out like a bandit with 10 24-70Ls per order. Although I was able to order the lens I wanted, my friendly suggestion to Canon if they read these threads would be to limit orders to 1 of each lens.

KHAWACHEN
Goldmember
1,187 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Sep 26, 2012 10:05 |  #253

35L now in stock for $946.56

Did i say NOW?

yimoon2
41 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Sep 26, 2012 10:05 |  #254

35L revived now!

dennisgibson
390 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 26, 2012 10:09 |  #255

says it's added to my cart but then cart shows as empty...annoying!!!

sponsored links

31,863 views & 0 likes for this thread
20% off Canon Refurb Sale starts Sunday September 23rd
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.