Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 Sep 2012 (Monday) 06:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Geek with a camera

cccc
Goldmember
2,017 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Sep 28, 2012 13:28 as a reply to  @ post 15053774 |  #31

"DAMO Photo" DAve MOrris
"MODA Photo" MOrris DAve
"VEMO Photo" daVE MOrris

Just get creative with your name... P-Diddy used his middle and last name to start a clothing line... Sean-John

In place of photo you could say...
Photography
Imaging
Portraiture

sponsored links
mrwilt
474 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 01, 2012 15:07 |  #32

MorrisLess Photography. No, wait. That's supposed to be Less is More.

Canon EOS 1D MKIII | Canon EOS Rebel T1i Gripped | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Ʃ 70-200mm f/2.8 II APO EX DG Macro
smugmug (external link)
facebook (external link)

short_wave
665 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 02, 2012 15:36 |  #33

So glad I clicked on this thread, some really great and funny stuff!

As for the OP, I think MorrisArt encapsulates who you are. Subtle without being too corny or trite. The name also is universal enough to cover all the mediums of your art while maintaining a level of consistency.

Feedback
www.john-benitez.com
insta: @johnbenitez

glumpy
388 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 03, 2012 02:56 |  #34
bannedPermanent ban

Morrisart wrote in post #14970992 (external link)
I have a very generic name, (David Morris) so..I basically feel it's over the top boring.

Yeah, I thought the same about my own name then I saw and artist that went under that name and had a cool logo with it and it looked the coolest thing I had seen in some time.

I think we all think our own name is boring simply because it's the name we are bombarded with more than any other.
Did you know the Writer Iam Fleming came up with the name " James Bond" because he thought it was plain and boring and that's the kind of name a spy should have had.
If that's not the coolest name in the world or has been for 40 years, I don't know what is.

I don't like geek box much but like someone said, If your market is geeks then it may work on some level. Personally I think something like Morris art which is non specific may work better especially if you make something of this and your client base expands.

Draw yourself up a cool logo mate and Make your name cool.
If you don't think it is no one lse will but like anything else, with the right marketing, branding and presentation.... you could be the coolest thing going.

:)

From RDKirk: First, let me check the forum heading...yes, it does say "Business of Photography" and not "Hobby of Photography." Okay. So we're talking about making money, not about hobbies. By "business" I am presuming activities that pay expenses and produce a profit over the long term.

Luxury
635 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 05, 2012 02:54 |  #35

What if you just dropped the "photos" off the end, and just went with "Geek Box"?

Then use your images to clarify that photos are what you're offering.

Liam - A7r, Fuji x100, 450d and some other stuff. --- Flickr  (external link)--- http://liamgee.com (external link)

KDMWI
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 15, 2012 06:02 |  #36

Geek Box Photos.. well Geek Box Computer Repair in my mind works better ( for computer repair ).

When it comes to Geek, I would come up with another name that works with Photo.

How about Geek Masters DSLR Photo Training.

sponsored links

5,270 views & 0 likes for this thread
Geek with a camera
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.