Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 01 Oct 2012 (Monday) 21:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

NC Lighthouse

Silverwolfpup
384 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 01, 2012 21:25 |  #1

Here is a photo of a lighthouse in OBX NC. It's called Bodie island lighthouse, it's one of the favorite lighthouses that i like in OBX. I did some PP in PS lightroom 4, i am really proud of it tell me what you all think. Comments and tips are welcomed :)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Eyes Of The Wolf Photography With GOD all things are possible
Please visit my website http://seanlittreal.sm​ugmug.com (external link)
Gear lineup: [Canon 40D 10MP][Canon 60D 18MP] Canon 10-22mm][Canon 24-70 2.8L][Canon 70-200 F4L][Gitzo tripod][And some filters and camera accesseries

sponsored links
MichSt
Goldmember
1,010 posts
Gallery: 67 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 01, 2012 22:12 |  #2

Nice dark moody shot. Nice work. The sky is awesome. Could try croping the shot in a bit tighter. Maybe crop out some of the grass in the foreground. Just a thought.

Mario.Q

Canon EOS R

nutbolt
200 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 01, 2012 22:17 |  #3

awesome shot....Ive been there quite a few times...the banks are one of my fav spots. Only thing id do is straighten the tower a bit...appears to be leaning to the right a tad. And I also agree that cropping the foreground a bit would be beter...

http://picasaweb.googl​e.com/nutbolt65 (external link)

Silverwolfpup
THREAD ­ STARTER
384 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 02, 2012 07:05 |  #4

nutbolt wrote in post #15067784 (external link)
awesome shot....Ive been there quite a few times...the banks are one of my fav spots. Only thing id do is straighten the tower a bit...appears to be leaning to the right a tad. And I also agree that cropping the foreground a bit would be beter...

Yeah the banks is a nice place to go, i just been there this past august not a good time to go to the beach, and plus bodie was closed due to maintenance, i was so disappointed, this is a photo i took of it a few years ago. Anyways thank you for the comment, it was abit hard focusing and trying to get the frame straight. But i will work on that

Gear lineup: [Canon 40D 10MP][Canon 60D 18MP] Canon 10-22mm][Canon 24-70 2.8L][Canon 70-200 F4L][Gitzo tripod][And some filters and camera accesseries

Silverwolfpup
THREAD ­ STARTER
384 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 02, 2012 07:07 |  #5

MichSt wrote in post #15067762 (external link)
Nice dark moody shot. Nice work. The sky is awesome. Could try croping the shot in a bit tighter. Maybe crop out some of the grass in the foreground. Just a thought.

Thanks so much, the sky was blown out before i done my PP it's hard to believe how much detail you can lose, but PS lightroom brought it back :) And yeah i could crop it abit

Silverwolfpup
THREAD ­ STARTER
384 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 02, 2012 08:03 as a reply to  @ Silverwolfpup's post |  #6

Here is my pic again cropped and aligned. C&C are welcomed

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links

596 views & 0 likes for this thread
NC Lighthouse
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.