Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 06:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Manfrotto 030-14 Hexagonal Quick Release Plate ?

Snapshot101
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 03, 2012 06:57 |  #1

Manfrotto 030-14 Hexagonal Quick Release Plate with 1/4"-20 Screw

The head on my tripod has a quick release that uses the above plate- Ive gotten used to it and I would like to buy a small ball head ( 2.5-3.5 inches tall) that has the same quick release system using the same plate. I want to use the small ball head on my light box with on my 5dMKIII.

This way I can go from my light box ball head to my tripod head without having to change the plate.

Can anyone steer me to what I am looking for?

Thank you.

Snapshot101

sponsored links
Snapshot101
THREAD ­ STARTER
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 03, 2012 11:59 |  #2

I discovered that the Manfrotto Quick Release system is Part # 625 RCO Rapid Connect Adapter with the 030-14 hexagonal plate. Current list $69.99

Hope this helps someone else that might be looking for it.

elogical
Goldmember
1,217 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 03, 2012 22:10 |  #3

If you only need one more plate and you're done then that's one thing, but I would encourage you to seriously consider going arca swiss compliant before investing more in the manfrotto system. If you ever get to the point where you have a couple camera, a couple lens plates, different clamps for a superclamp and a tripod, etc., it starts to get to a point where you will wish you just started with arca plates from the beginning.

Gear

afoton
348 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 04, 2012 12:02 |  #4

One of the problems with Manfrottos heads and qouick release, is that they use different quick release on different segments of heads. You don't get a heavy duty and a light weight Manfrotto head with the same quick release.

Get a Arca Swiss-style clamp and mount it on the plate you have, and mount this on the Manfrotto head for ever. Get a Arca Swiss-style plate to your camera.

Then you can buy whatever ballhead you want with Arca Swiss-style clamp. Or just buy a clamp to that ballhead you buy, if it hasn't one.

Snapshot101
THREAD ­ STARTER
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 04, 2012 12:16 |  #5

Thanks for the heads up. In the back of my mind I was wondering about this and your post confirmed this for me-

This forum is great, I learn a lot hear!

Thank you-

Snapshot101

afoton
348 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 04, 2012 12:32 |  #6

Kirk has allready assembled a clamp for you: http://www.kirkphoto.c​om …_Quick_Release_​Clamp.html (external link)

But you can do it yourself with a regular Arca Swiss-style clamp and the plate you allready have. Think about if you want a lever release or a screw release. Many prefer lever release from RRS. I myself prefer screw release, and I think Kirk is about the best ;)

Snapshot101
THREAD ­ STARTER
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 04, 2012 13:58 |  #7

Thanks afoton.

I just saw the Kirk assembled clamp and thats what I am going to go with for now. My tripod is a Manfrotto 3033 with a 3047 head on it. The head has the Manfrotto QR Octagonal system molded into it so I am not able to remove it - thus the clamp from Kirk fits the bill.

I am used to the 3047 head so this should work out for me. I take the tripod in the car on trips with me but if I get more into this, or if I find extra cash that is burning a hole in my pocket, I can easily seeing myself getting a lighter weight tripod.

Thanks again for the help-

afoton
348 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 05, 2012 01:42 |  #8

I have the same head on the tripod in my car ;)
And a RRS BH-40 and a Markins Q3T. Their all for different usage.

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,831 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 18, 2012 20:41 |  #9

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …agonal_Quick_Re​lease.html (external link)

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …agonal_Quick_Re​lease.html (external link)

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

sponsored links

2,720 views & 0 likes for this thread
Manfrotto 030-14 Hexagonal Quick Release Plate ?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.