Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 05 Oct 2012 (Friday) 13:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Panorama, Mosquito Pass, CO

Visinate
100 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 05, 2012 13:09 |  #1

Made a trip over Mosquito Pass and shot this right before hitting the main trail. I shot this one a bit too wide (can't remember at the moment how wide, but it was a pain to stitch and left me some blurred spots). I'd like it if ya'll could point out any major imperfections you see, other than the lighting. I shot this mid-day before passing over those mountains in a hurry to beat the cold front.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8176/8057201076_4e78b9eae3_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …/77360594@N04/8​057201076/  (external link)
Mosquito Pass Northwest Side (external link) by NaCORubi (external link), on Flickr

Very large image (2560 wide) if you're interested in looking full screen on Flickr.

Thanks!

sponsored links
erikfig
Goldmember
2,151 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 05, 2012 13:25 |  #2

Nice and Clean! :P

Who cares about my gear?
FlickR (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Visinate
THREAD ­ STARTER
100 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 05, 2012 15:20 |  #3

Too clean, maybe? :eek:

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 05, 2012 15:23 |  #4

not too clean to me.. then again I like that look

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

alazgr8
233 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 05, 2012 16:46 |  #5

I've been to places like this in Yosemite and Mammoth Mtn. and Mono Lakes area. Your image looks great. Maybe I'm offbase here, but there are three vertical posts, or dead trees, that looks like telephone or power poles. With the posts it makes me think there's a road right behind the photographer, and I can hear big rigs roaring by, and the smell of diesel exhaust. Without the poles I think of pristine wilderness, and the sound of the wind, and I want to sit on a rock and enjoy the solitude. -rick

Rick S.
My Gear = Canon 50d ~ EF 100 f/2.8L IS USM Macro ~ EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM ~ EF-S 17-55 IS USM f/2.8 IS ~ EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM ~ EF 28-135 IS f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Visinate
THREAD ­ STARTER
100 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 05, 2012 17:28 |  #6

Thanks guys!

Rick,
You're right, I hadn't really thought about the power lines. I guess I could clone those out. There are lines running through here to a mine operating about a mile to the right. No roads though, it's no easy task to go through here, this was one of the more intense spots I've conquered with my Jeep. Only passed one other person brave enough to try it. The mountain filled with snow about an hour after I finally got over it :lol: I definitely won't be trying it again until next September!

erikfig
Goldmember
2,151 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 05, 2012 19:36 |  #7

Are they power lines? Lol! I though they were trees, I never been there ha ha

Who cares about my gear?
FlickR (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Visinate
THREAD ­ STARTER
100 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 05, 2012 19:59 |  #8

erikfig wrote in post #15085158 (external link)
Are they power lines? Lol! I though they were trees, I never been there ha ha

Yeah, they are, unfortunately.

sponsored links

818 views & 0 likes for this thread
Panorama, Mosquito Pass, CO
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.