Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,220 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 04, 2012 20:09 |  #16

Well feel free to share photos, Ladies.

My hubby & I travel fairly extensively; sometimes 5 big trips a year but now that grandson #3 is due soon, we think we will slow the travel down to 2 trips a year and hang around home a little more often. We make a yearly trek to Maui every February to spend the days out on the water photographing the almost 2000 humpback whales in Lahaina Bay. All the other trips are willy nilly.. :)

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
LHeyden
801 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 04, 2012 22:42 |  #17

Okay, let me know what you think...

I took these at a friends wedding and played with them in Lightroom. I've never done much with B&W, and vignetting, but I like the results. Any suggestions on making them better? I'd like to print out and frame one of these for them. Which is your favorite and why? (I know this isn't the critique section, but as don't go to many weddings, I'd like to share with a smaller audience). Oh, and I just learned how to watermark in LR4.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i117.photobucke​t.com …LHeyden/Kissing​TreeBW.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i117.photobucke​t.com …nPastureBlackan​dWhite.jpg (external link)

Laura Heyden
http://windyridgegolde​ns.com/ (external link)
7D, 5Dc Canon's 70-200mm f/2.8L, 24-105 f/4L, Tamron 150-600 mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD , 55-250mm IS, 28-135mm IS, 100 2.8 Macro, 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, and Tamron's 17-35 2.8-4

Tessa
Playing with fire
1,806 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 05, 2012 01:18 as a reply to  @ LHeyden's post |  #18

I like how the trees frame the couple in the second picture, but I actually prefer the first shot, because you can see their faces - it's an adorable picture :)

We travel a lot too, but have never gone to see the whales. I'd love to do that someday. One of my favorite places is Norway - that country is just stunning. All those mountains, high waterfalls and amazing fjords...

A few pics from our Norway trip (this happened in the summer of 2008, so before my Canon days):

IMAGE: http://www.rallifotod.eu/album116/norra256.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.rallifotod.eu/album116/norra151.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.rallifotod.eu/album116/norra470.jpg

Tessa
Playing with fire
1,806 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 05, 2012 13:08 as a reply to  @ Tessa's post |  #19

Went to the cinema today. The movie wasn't very good, but it was filmed beautifully, so I kept on admiring the scenes and trying to figure out how the night shots in the forest were lit and how to re-create those shots.

I can't even watch a movie anymore without thinking like a photographer :lol:

Fabb
49 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 05, 2012 21:48 as a reply to  @ Tessa's post |  #20

Hello ladies...mid 40's mom of two kidlets. I've just gotten into dslr photography in the last 3 months so very much a noob :). I love taking pics of the kids. I'm also a realtor so I will be getting into taking RE pictures as well.

Hopefully I'll have something to post soon.

Cheers!

My Stuff

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,299 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 05, 2012 22:05 |  #21

31 years old here :cry:

I'm single, due to the fact that there seems to be no worthy men left in this world.
Live with my dad, work at a Ford dealership as a mechanic, am a country girl.

Dad got into photography when he was young. Bought a new Praktica LTL just before he went on a Holy Land tour when he was 25. One Christmas we had a bunch of friends over for a game night that was getting quite funny. Mom had no film in her camera, so Dad got out his. Put the speedlight on it, showed my how to set it and focus, and away I went. Loved it, pretty much wore that camera out. That was early high school, so about 15 years back. Still have all of his gear, my mom's stuff, and both grandparents stuff. My mom's parents were hobbyist photographers as well, and I have a pile of their pictures going right back to the 20's.

I photograph anything that catches my eye.

Melody

picsbyamanda
119 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 05, 2012 22:56 |  #22

Hello all! My name's Amanda and I'm only 16 years old, hope that's ok :/

I always used to run around stealing my mom and sister's camera when I was younger. Then they decided enough was enough and a little over two years ago I got my first DSLR and have been pursuing photography ever since. After I graduate high school in two years I plan to go to a college of art and design to learn as much as I can to pursuit my dream of being a fashion photographer. I joined the forum a little over two months ago to meet, learn from, and get inspired by the many talented photographers on this site.

If it catches my attention, I'll shoot it, but portraits and fashion are my real passions :wink:

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List |Flickr (external link)|Twitter (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,220 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 06, 2012 00:03 |  #23

LHeyden wrote in post #15081704 (external link)
Okay, let me know what you think...

I took these at a friends wedding and played with them in Lightroom. I've never done much with B&W, and vignetting, but I like the results. Any suggestions on making them better? I'd like to print out and frame one of these for them. Which is your favorite and why? (I know this isn't the critique section, but as don't go to many weddings, I'd like to share with a smaller audience). Oh, and I just learned how to watermark in LR4.

QUOTED IMAGE

I also prefer the first one but maybe lighten it a little. When I shoot weddings I make sure the B&G are really center stage in the photos.

HOSTED PHOTO

Tessa wrote in post #15082038 (external link)
We travel a lot too, but have never gone to see the whales. I'd love to do that someday. One of my favorite places is Norway - that country is just stunning. All those mountains, high waterfalls and amazing fjords...

A few pics from our Norway trip (this happened in the summer of 2008, so before my Canon days):

Beautiful. A cruise thru the fjords of Norway is on our list. We are booked for Maui Feb. 6-12 if anyone wants to join us out on the sea. Here is a favorite shot from last Feb.

HOSTED PHOTO

Fabb wrote in post #15085590 (external link)
Hello ladies...mid 40's mom of two kidlets. I've just gotten into dslr photography in the last 3 months so very much a noob :). I love taking pics of the kids. I'm also a realtor so I will be getting into taking RE pictures as well.

Hopefully I'll have something to post soon.

Cheers!

Welcome! glad to see this thread is growing.

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #15085629 (external link)
31 years old here :cry:

I'm single, due to the fact that there seems to be no worthy men left in this world.
Live with my dad, work at a Ford dealership as a mechanic, am a country girl.

Dad got into photography when he was young. Bought a new Praktica LTL just before he went on a Holy Land tour when he was 25. One Christmas we had a bunch of friends over for a game night that was getting quite funny. Mom had no film in her camera, so Dad got out his. Put the speedlight on it, showed my how to set it and focus, and away I went. Loved it, pretty much wore that camera out. That was early high school, so about 15 years back. Still have all of his gear, my mom's stuff, and both grandparents stuff. My mom's parents were hobbyist photographers as well, and I have a pile of their pictures going right back to the 20's.

I photograph anything that catches my eye.

Jill, you will find a good guy. My daughters got married at 33 & 36 yrs. old! :)

picsbyamanda wrote in post #15085770 (external link)
Hello all! My name's Amanda and I'm only 16 years old, hope that's ok :/

I always used to run around stealing my mom and sister's camera when I was younger. Then they decided enough was enough and a little over two years ago I got my first DSLR and have been pursuing photography ever since. After I graduate high school in two years I plan to go to a college of art and design to learn as much as I can to pursuit my dream of being a fashion photographer. I joined the forum a little over two months ago to meet, learn from, and get inspired by the many talented photographers on this site.

If it catches my attention, I'll shoot it, but portraits and fashion are my real passions :wink:

Glad to have a young one in the mix..... looking forward to seeing more from you, Amanda.

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,220 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 06, 2012 00:10 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #24

I did a newborn shoot last week & pictures delivered yesterday. This little gal is the sweetest thing! I have been contracted to shoot her every month for the first year including her first birthday party :)

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

Bikervon
380 posts
Gallery: 25 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Oct 06, 2012 08:40 |  #25

Beautiful shots Maureen and Amanda.....

Von here..... found my start with cameras in college with a photography course for my journalism major. Started with a Miranda 35mm and traded it in for a Canon F1 & now throughout many different Canon film cameras have ended up with a Canon T3.

Would love to shoot more pics, but things in life just keep getting in the way. I get out when I can and love checking out pics here!

Just getting back into it..
Canon T3i/nifty 50// 55-250IS/10-18mmIS/28-135IS/elph320HS & a few other bits

My Flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,220 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 09, 2012 16:06 |  #26

Good day from Central California! We are finally easing out of summer & today is 77 degrees! When we came home from Nova Scotia on Sept. 26, it was still 100 for the next week so we are happy to see cooler temperatures. The farmers are bailing hay, the grapes are picked and the cotton harvesting has begun. It is always busy here in farm country :)

Our middle daughter is having her first baby in about 5 weeks so her girlfriends threw her a shower last Sunday. She is 38, just got married for the first time 18 months ago so this is all very fun & exciting:) She is having a boy; our 3rd grandson :)

Here is the mommy-to-be: just a snapshot from the many I took at the shower.

HOSTED PHOTO

Now I am off to pick the other grandkids up from school & pre-school, then I am making homemade chicken pot pie for dinner. What are you Ladies up to this week?

5DMK4
7DMK2

Tessa
Playing with fire
1,806 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 10, 2012 12:41 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #27

It's been a busy week, some photography related and some not. Yesterday wasn't very good - a friend had an accident on his motorcycle right in front of me. Saw him go over the barrier and when he didn't get up after that... oh boy, I really don't want to feel like that again. We called an ambulance, since he hurt his back pretty badly, but thankfully we later got news it wasn't broken.

Tomorrow I'll finally have some time to play with my new off camera flash trigger set - next race is on Friday, so I better have an idea what to do with it :lol: I'm hoping we don't get any rain, but I'm not holding my breath; this summer and fall have both been a soggy mess. Glad I got new rain boots, though I have a feeling I should have invested in a scuba set.

So yeah, it's been an odd week for me.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,220 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Oct 10, 2012 13:00 |  #28

I have grandkids again this afternoon and a baby photo shoot on Friday. Then we are taking off for the weekend to go to Northern California to visit POTN members Killjoy & ayotnoms (Alan & Steve). Alan invited us for a weekend BBQ & boating on the Sacramento river :)

5DMK4
7DMK2

Tessa
Playing with fire
1,806 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 10, 2012 13:23 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #29

Ahh, BBQ and boating - sounds awesome! :)

gratchie
THREAD ­ STARTER
957 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 10, 2012 13:28 |  #30

Tessa, what off camera trigger did you get? I'm looking for one too.

Sounds like you ladies are heading for a great weekend ;)

GearList || Canon 5D Mark III | 24L II | 135L | 70-300L | 24-105L | 600 EX-RT | ST-E3-RT | RX100M2
Full Gear List and Feedback || growingthompy.tumblr.c​omexternal link

sponsored links

717,609 views & 1,356 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.