Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 07 Oct 2012 (Sunday) 14:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My new 1DX and 24-70L II lose their virginity together...

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2012 01:40 |  #16

That picture certainly shows the kind of stuff only 7 grand worth of equipment is capable of!!! Kudos!

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

sponsored links
Invertalon
Cream of the Crop
6,495 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 08, 2012 01:45 |  #17

You guys are bitter tonight, eh?

Geeze....

Enjoy your new camera and lens!!

-Steve
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2012 02:04 |  #18

Invertalon wrote in post #15093136 (external link)
You guys are bitter tonight, eh?

Geeze....

Enjoy your new camera and lens!!

I'm not bitter at all, why would I be bitter? I was being sarcastic. And possibly a bit flippant.

I'm sure it's a stunning body/lens combination (though not my dream set-up), but I'm sure anyone can admit that posting a picture like that as "zomg guys look what the best-of-the-best gear I just purchased can do" opens one up to sentiments such as those expressed in this thread. ;)

-=Gear=-

lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 08, 2012 05:54 |  #19

"With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm the new owner of a 1Dx. ;)

The pressure is on to produce, it's actually quite intimidating having such a great camera as everyone expects you to post stunning images.

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

Sitting ­ Elf
THREAD ­ STARTER
147 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 08, 2012 06:46 |  #20

KenjiS wrote in post #15093053 (external link)
I'm pretty sure the point was "LETS JUST TAKE SOME PICS WITH IT" as opposed to actually you know, Trying to get anything great/interesting folks.. So yeah, a 5DII or my 7D or anything would do THAT specific shot just as well

heck i took a bunch of pics of random stuff about the house when i got my 7D.. just to break it in and get to know it a lil..

Thank you. That was my intent. I just wanted to make sure that the camera worked! Wasn't trying to make a statement, or show extreme quality.

As I stated in my OP... this was just taking the camera and lens out of their boxes and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with settings... not even knowing what settings were default in the camers. Turned it on and took a shot. This was the result. No big deal. Geez!

BTW... after taking the shot, I see that the camera comes default without the 61-point AF active (Single spot center only) and set to "P" mode. Pretty damn basic!

Bodies: 1Dx, 5D MkII + MkIII, 7D, 50D, SD780IS, | Stability: Gitzo GT5532LS, RRS BH-55, Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 and Monopod
Lenses: Canon 16-35mm/f2.8L ll, 24-70 f/2.8L ll, 24-105mm/f4L, 100-400/f4.5-5.6L, 50mm/1.8 II, 100/2.8L II, 85/1.8 USM, MP-E65/2.8 1-5X, 15mm Fishy, 70-200 2.8L II, 40mm Pancake
Lighting: 580EXII, 430EXII, MT-24EX, MR-14EX

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,722 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 08, 2012 07:45 |  #21

The smart ones around here know exactly what your intent was. You're lucky to have that combination. Pay no attention to those whose cell phones can take better pics. We've all seen them in the dugout of the playoffs, no? On the sidelines of the NFL, no?

Not someone's dream combination? Mine either. I want the $25,000 Sigma. Yeah, and a sherpa to carry it around. :oop:

dexy101
Goldmember
2,360 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 08, 2012 07:46 |  #22

LowriderS10 wrote in post #15093177 (external link)
I'm not bitter at all, why would I be bitter? I was being sarcastic. And possibly a bit flippant.

I'm sure it's a stunning body/lens combination (though not my dream set-up), but I'm sure anyone can admit that posting a picture like that as "zomg guys look what the best-of-the-best gear I just purchased can do" opens one up to sentiments such as those expressed in this thread. ;)

Why does it bother you what picture and quality he posted?? And its not titled "zomg guys look what i can do, did anyone tell you if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all?

:rolleyes:

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2012 08:04 |  #23

dexy101 wrote in post #15093651 (external link)
Why does it bother you what picture and quality he posted?? And its not titled "zomg guys look what i can do, did anyone tell you if you have nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all?

:rolleyes:

Slow down there, turbo. Who said it bothered me? Far from it; I found it rather comical!

I love the fact that you preach about not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say...while you're saying nothing nice. You do see the irony, don't you?

IN FACT, I said it was a "stunning" body/lens combination (pretty sure that qualifies as positive)...so I did say something nice. You, on the other hand, didn't. So why don't you take your own advice and clam up?

-=Gear=-

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2012 08:07 |  #24

MDJAK wrote in post #15093649 (external link)
The smart ones around here know exactly what your intent was. You're lucky to have that combination. Pay no attention to those whose cell phones can take better pics. We've all seen them in the dugout of the playoffs, no? On the sidelines of the NFL, no?

Not someone's dream combination? Mine either. I want the $25,000 Sigma. Yeah, and a sherpa to carry it around. :oop:

The "smart ones"? Nice dig! The "smart ones" know that when you buy the best-of-the-best and the newest-of-the-newest and you post a picture that looks like it could have been taken with ANY digital camera made in the past 10 years, you're bound to catch a bit of flak.

-=Gear=-

Stickman
Goldmember
1,964 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 08, 2012 08:35 |  #25

It's like a bunch of high school girls in this thread all bitter that someone has the dress they couldn't afford.

Stick
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/stickgunner/ (external link)

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 08, 2012 08:40 |  #26

Stickman wrote in post #15093785 (external link)
It's like a bunch of high school girls in this thread all bitter that someone has the dress they couldn't afford.

*smacks forehead* I...*sighs*...never mind...you won't understand. *walks away*

-=Gear=-

davidc502
Goldmember
3,459 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 08, 2012 08:44 |  #27

Stickman wrote in post #15093785 (external link)

The only thing we need next is to finish this off with the movie "Carrie". lol

_
My Gear is ---> Here

dexy101
Goldmember
2,360 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 08, 2012 08:52 |  #28

LowriderS10 wrote in post #15093683 (external link)
Slow down there, turbo. Who said it bothered me? Far from it; I found it rather comical!

I love the fact that you preach about not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say...while you're saying nothing nice. You do see the irony, don't you?

IN FACT, I said it was a "stunning" body/lens combination (pretty sure that qualifies as positive)...so I did say something nice. You, on the other hand, didn't. So why don't you take your own advice and clam up?

Keep your hair on Chief its only the internet. ;)

ConverseMan
766 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 08, 2012 08:59 |  #29

Congrats on your new gear! It's a great combo, I'm sure. Enjoy taking pics with it! It's just a tool. Tools can be used for fun and work, that's the cool thing about them. :) Don't worry about the pressure from the outside world. Do your thing. It's your art. Prove to yourself the worth of the camera. That's all that matters in the end. :)

Nathan W.
Nikon D700 | Nikon 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 85mm 1.8 | AlienBees
Flickr (external link)

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 08, 2012 09:11 |  #30

Congrats.. now get over to the 1DX thread and post some more pics

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

sponsored links

5,044 views & 0 likes for this thread
My new 1DX and 24-70L II lose their virginity together...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.