Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 27 Apr 2012 (Friday) 15:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New LCDVF for 5DMKIII and 1DX

Andrew_WOT
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Apr 27, 2012 15:39 |  #1

Finally, Kinotehnick has LCDVF for 5D MKIII - LCDVF 3C.
http://www.kinotehnik.​com/6825 (external link)

http://www.kinotehnik.​com/products/lcdvf/com​patibility (external link)

sponsored links
Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 23, 2012 02:48 |  #2

Still not available. /sadface

- James -
www.feedthewant.com (external link)
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 23, 2012 12:17 |  #3

Wait for the Zacuto Z-Finder.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 23, 2012 16:09 |  #4

ben_r_ wrote in post #14621061 (external link)
Wait for the Zacuto Z-Finder.

Doesn't Zacuto's product require a base plate? And now with the LCDVF 3C (the 5D III model) accepting diopter lenses are there any real advantages to the Zacuto?

- James -
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 24, 2012 10:16 |  #5

Indecent Exposure wrote in post #14621756 (external link)
Doesn't Zacuto's product require a base plate? And now with the LCDVF 3C (the 5D III model) accepting diopter lenses are there any real advantages to the Zacuto?

No, there is a stick on frame that they make. Its a little like the one the LCDVF uses except it holds much more securely as its not just attached with magnets. I use that method and like it very much. The Zacuto also has a way better build quality if the LCDVF 3C is built anything like the previous model. And the Zacuto has an industry standard eyecup so you can use nice micro fleece or micro fiber eyepiece pads. Not sure if they fit the LCDVF's eyecup. Also does the LCDVF have anti-fogging glass? Lastly the new LCDVF 3C has to be taken apart to slide in pre-defined diopter correction lenses, while the Z-Finder has a adjustable/variable diopter lens that can be controlled on the fly.

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Andrew_WOT
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 24, 2012 10:57 |  #6

ben_r_ wrote in post #14624513 (external link)
No, there is a stick on frame that they make. Its a little like the one the LCDVF uses except it holds much more securely as its not just attached with magnets. I use that method and like it very much. The Zacuto also has a way better build quality if the LCDVF 3C is built anything like the previous model. And the Zacuto has an industry standard eyecup so you can use nice micro fleece or micro fiber eyepiece pads. Not sure if they fit the LCDVF's eyecup. Also does the LCDVF have anti-fogging glass? Lastly the new LCDVF 3C has to be taken apart to slide in pre-defined diopter correction lenses, while the Z-Finder has a adjustable/variable diopter lens that can be controlled on the fly.

Yes, the eyecup on LCDVF is standard and accepts 3rd party pieces, in fact it comes with one included. For occasional video shooter ease of magnet attached viewfinder removal can be beneficial as allows quick switching from video to photo mode. To my knowledge Zacuto punted on adhesive frame for 5DIII and the only option available is this http://store.zacuto.co​m …for-Small-Body-DSLRS.html (external link) piece that requires Gorilla plate.

The whole package will run you $395 http://store.zacuto.co​m …2.5x-for-3.2-Screens.html (external link)

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jun 24, 2012 18:39 |  #7

I want to deal with another base plate like I want another hole in the head, but if Zacuto allows for the magnet (like Andrew says, for a stills guy that dabbles in video, conveniently removing the eyecup seems liike such a nice compromise) I have no problem going with Zacuto. That goes double if LCDVF continues to flounder in vaporwareland.

Anti-fog is awesome but can't you accomplish the same thing with a little Rain-X or the like? But, yeah, it would be nice if the glass were resistance coated.

I can't find anything about street date for the LCDVF apart from the now outdated release announcement.

- James -
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

Snapshot101
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 09, 2012 09:17 |  #8

I have a question on using the Zacuto for the 5d MKIII.

I own the Z Finder 3x Pro and would like to use it with my 5dMKIII and am not sure about mounting the adhesive mounting frame on my camera. I use the Zacuto at work, and do not use it while I am carrying the camera on trips.

I have a Zagg lcd cover on my screen, would there be any negatived to mounting the adhesive frame onto it? Has anyone found the adhesive Zacuto mounting frame to be in the way?

I asked Zucto if they would custom make a gorilla plate with an Arc S mounting plate on the bottom but they told me they considered it but decided not to.

Thanks.

Snapshot101

gratchie
957 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 09, 2012 09:26 |  #9

I use this for my 5d3 and it works well

http://www.carryspeed.​com/products/lcd-view-finder (external link)

GearList || Canon 5D Mark III | 24L II | 135L | 70-300L | 24-105L | 600 EX-RT | ST-E3-RT | RX100M2
Full Gear List and Feedback || growingthompy.tumblr.c​omexternal link

Snapshot101
88 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 09, 2012 10:32 |  #10

thank you - thats the idea

Andrew_WOT
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 09, 2012 12:43 |  #11

gratchie wrote in post #15098428 (external link)
I use this for my 5d3 and it works well

http://www.carryspeed.​com/products/lcd-view-finder (external link)

It's huge and blocking all controls around lcd, plus not really looking into another base plate.

BTW, LCDVF 3C compatible with 5DMKIII is already available.

Andrew_WOT
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 10, 2012 18:19 |  #12

Andrew_WOT wrote in post #15099206 (external link)
It's huge and blocking all controls around lcd, plus not really looking into another base plate.

BTW, LCDVF 3C compatible with 5DMKIII is already available.

Review of LCDVF 3C
http://sequinminerblog​.com …should-already-have-this/ (external link)

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Oct 11, 2012 12:34 |  #13

Excellent. Looks like I'm going to have to get my order in. Have you picked one up yet, Andrew?

- James -
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

Andrew_WOT
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 11, 2012 12:53 |  #14

Indecent Exposure wrote in post #15108600 (external link)
Excellent. Looks like I'm going to have to get my order in. Have you picked one up yet, Andrew?

It just landed at my house. :)
I ordered it from http://www.glidetrack.​com/lcdvf-3c.html (external link) just yesterday, after posting to this topic.
Cheapest I could find, shipped from UK. Imagine my surprise when Fedex called me yesterday evening scheduling signed delivery.
Crazy fast, less than a day since placing the order, not sure how they managed to do that.

Andrew_WOT
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,418 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Oct 12, 2012 12:14 |  #15

Andrew_WOT wrote in post #15108664 (external link)
It just landed at my house. :)
I ordered it from http://www.glidetrack.​com/lcdvf-3c.html (external link) just yesterday, after posting to this topic.
Cheapest I could find, shipped from UK. Imagine my surprise when Fedex called me yesterday evening scheduling signed delivery.
Crazy fast, less than a day since placing the order, not sure how they managed to do that.

Just installed it yesterday. I had GGS LCD screen protector installed and was afraid I would have to remove it in order to affix the mounting frame. To my surprise and relief the frame fit right around the protector. Extra bonus. :)
They also seem to start using softer rubber on the eye cup, before that extra foam cushion included in the package was almost a must, now I am not sure if I ever need it.

sponsored links

5,643 views & 0 likes for this thread
New LCDVF for 5DMKIII and 1DX
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.