Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 12 Oct 2012 (Friday) 05:59
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "How would you like those white lenses to be?"
Love them the way they are...
68.7%
I hate that damn ugly white, would love to have them black !
31.3%

246 voters, 246 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Am I the only one hates the white colored lenses?

Canonswhitelensesrule
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 12, 2012 15:18 |  #61

I think my username says it all!

Photographers do it in 1/1,000th of a second...but the memory lasts forever! ;)
"It's only cheating if you get caught!" - Al Bundy
People who THINK they know it all really annoy those of us who DO!

sponsored links
Sarel
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 15:18 |  #62

Tom Reichner wrote in post #15113968 (external link)
Brian, I do not understand that sentence either. I cannot figure out what Sarel is trying to say, due to the way grammar is used. If the sentence were re-worded, perhaps we could understand.

I am sorry, please forgive me for my poor English. English is not my language.

What I meant to say is that signature with "L" lenses won't attract attention in a forum that each and every member have these "L" lenses in his signature.

Hope this explains my sentence better.

:(

Canon EOS1d Mark IV
Canon EOS5d Mark III Gripped

35L[COLOR=gray] | 85L Mk II | 135L | 300L[COLOR=gray] | 17-40L | 24-105L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8IS | EF 1.4X II | 580EX II

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:21 |  #63
bannedPermanent ban

Sarel wrote in post #15113978 (external link)
LoL

Changed nothing. haven't noticed they were not bold.

As a matter of fact, I might do that if that poll will justify it.
30% reflects a demand for black colored tele lenses.

BTW my friend, a negative approach won't get you too far in life. try to ease things up and be kind to others. it will make you much happier.

Yeah, they (Canon) will hear you alright.:rolleyes:

Who said Im mad? I think you better stop assuming things. I have reached my life goals just fine. You in the other hand have a really hard time grasping reality. A 30% in a poll where only a few post an opinion is nothing. How naive or ignorant someone can really be?? You have just showed how much YOU need to grow up!:lol::lol:

Gear: a toothed wheel :p
"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Sarel
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 15:21 |  #64

Tom Reichner wrote in post #15113998 (external link)
I wonder why Brian said your red Ls were bold when they weren't bold. I would like an explanation from Brian, as to why he called your Ls bold when they were not.

Sarel, I agree with you. But remember, a little while ago, you said, "grow up, kid" to him. That did not seem to be very positive, happy, or kind. It actually came across as being disrespectful when I read it.

You are right.

I got carried away because of his approach.
It was not right...
I am sorry for that.

Canon EOS1d Mark IV

35L[COLOR=gray] | 85L Mk II | 135L | 300L[COLOR=gray] | 17-40L | 24-105L | 24-70L | 70-200L 2.8IS | EF 1.4X II | 580EX II

frugivore
Goldmember
3,089 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:22 |  #65

I've gotten attention with the 70-200, but I don't mind.

I don't know how much the white really does cool the artificial fluorite, but I guess anything helps.

What would be useful is if the primes and zooms were colored differently. White for primes, black for zooms. Maybe grey for TS lenses?

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:22 |  #66
bannedPermanent ban

Canonswhitelensesrule wrote in post #15114007 (external link)
I think my username says it all!

LOL! Thats the spirit!:D

"To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals" Michael Bassey Johnson
--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Sarel
THREAD ­ STARTER
318 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 15:23 |  #67

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15114030 (external link)
Yeah, they (Canon) will hear you alright.:rolleyes:

Who said Im mad? I think you better stop assuming things. I have reached my life goals just fine. You in the other hand have a really hard time grasping reality. A 30% in a poll where only a few post an opinion is nothing. How naive or ignorant someone can really be?? You have just showed how much YOU need to grow up!:lol::lol:

I rest my case...

Have a great evening and a nice weekend Brain Mechanic.

Canon EOS1d Mark IV

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:23 |  #68
bannedPermanent ban

Tom Reichner wrote in post #15113998 (external link)
I wonder why Brian said your red Ls were bold when they weren't bold. I would like an explanation from Brian, as to why he called your Ls bold when they were not.

Sarel, I agree with you. But remember, a little while ago, you said, "grow up, kid" to him. That did not seem to be very positive, happy, or kind. It actually came across as being disrespectful when I read it.

They look bold in my screen, no mystery as to why I said that!:D

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:24 |  #69
bannedPermanent ban

Sarel wrote in post #15114044 (external link)
I rest my case...

Have a great evening and a nice weekend Brain Mechanic.

Case? What case??:rolleyes:

You too mu funny friend.

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,381 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 12, 2012 15:35 |  #70

it seems like 30% in favor of black lenses is pretty consistent
https://photography-on-the.net …ighlight=poll+b​lack+white

Brain Mechanic wrote in post #15113947 (external link)
Grow up? Really? Im not the one occupying bandwidth with such an "awesome" thread.... Here is an idea...write to Canon, see if they care of your opinion and poll.

you're wasting posts by posting in a thread you have no interest in...it'd be easier to move along instead of "trying" to insult the o.p....

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
16,037 posts
Gallery: 180 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, now in Washington state, road trip back and forth a lot, with extensive detouring

Oct 12, 2012 15:38 |  #71

DreDaze wrote in post #15114100 (external link)
you're wasting posts by posting in a thread you have no interest in...it'd be easier to move along instead of "trying" to insult the o.p....

But now you're wasting posts by telling somebody that they are wasting posts . . .

Wait - now I just wasted a post!

Yikes - at this rate, we're all going to run out of posts!

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Sorarse
Goldmember
2,193 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 12, 2012 15:39 |  #72

I've never given it much thought. I guess I just accepted the lenses are what they are, and if the one you want to buy to fulfill whatever requirements you have happens to be off white, so what.

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! Terry Pratchett

http://www.scarecrowim​ages.com (external link)
Canon PowerShot G2

Brain ­ Mechanic
Goldmember
3,526 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:39 |  #73
bannedPermanent ban

So this is a waste then?:p

--Oscar--
flickr (external link)

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
6,873 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

Oct 12, 2012 15:54 |  #74

The first person to offer to repaint them, could find him or herself in a very prosperous business.

My Gear flickr (external link)

dave ­ kadolph
"Fix the cigarette lighter"
6,138 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2007
Location: West Michigan--166.33 miles to the Cook County courthouse

Oct 12, 2012 15:55 |  #75

SoCalTiger wrote in post #15112933 (external link)
Also annoying that you can't get white lens hoods except for white lenses too. I suppose I could spray paint but that would just look tacky.

Then look at THIS (external link)--several commercial versions are available.

I quit giving a $hi! decades ago about what others thought--and had the hood of my 300 flamed just to stand out from the masses. ;)

Middle age is when you can finally afford the things that a young man could truly enjoy.
Tools of the trade

sponsored links

10,584 views & 0 likes for this thread
Am I the only one hates the white colored lenses?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.