Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
Thread started 12 Sep 2012 (Wednesday) 23:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

D600 released.

Revolverz
223 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 11, 2012 10:58 |  #511

ching wrote in post #15108183 (external link)
You miss the fact that tracking a moving object will be much better on the D600 simply it have more AF points to dance around.

Take a look at the video, so much fail on focus amirite? :D
http://www.youtube.com …=D2FGu2WDvJY&fe​ature=plcp (external link)

I saw that review. I am quite unhappy with the full res pictures he got on his flickr..

Website: www.cristian-popa.com (external link) ___Facebook: https://www.facebook.c​om/cristian.popa.art (external link)

sponsored links
elrey2375
Thinks it's irresponsible
4,992 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2011

Oct 12, 2012 00:15 |  #512

Revolverz wrote in post #15108231 (external link)
I saw that review. I am quite unhappy with the full res pictures he got on his flickr..

D600, I don't really think I need to say anything else...

x
TOO LARGE!
EMBED PREVENTED, IMAGE TOO LARGE:
http://imageshack.us/a​/img341/8770/930004.jp​g
Click here to see our image rules.

http://emjfotografi.co​m/ (external link)
http://500px.com/EMJFo​tografi (external link)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 12, 2012 00:48 |  #513

whmeltonjr wrote in post #15107987 (external link)
Put a grip on it. I had gotten used to the ergonomics of the D800, then I got a grip for it and it feels even better.

Maybe I'll try that, I've had one on my Amazon wish list for a couple of months, and I just noticed the price has come down $1.93 since I put it on the list to only $397. Might be time to jump on that deal. ;)

sploo
premature adulation
2,476 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2011

Oct 12, 2012 03:46 |  #514

rick_reno wrote in post #15111366 (external link)
Maybe I'll try that, I've had one on my Amazon wish list for a couple of months, and I just noticed the price has come down $1.63 since I put it on the list to only $397. Might be time to jump on that deal. ;)

Not sure if a vertical grip would help me (presume that's what's being discussed). The problem I find is that on Canon bodies, the palm of my right hand is on the side of the camera, with the joints in my fingers wrapping around the grip. The tips of my fingers just touch the front of the body, and that's quite comfortable.

On the Nikon bodies, the smaller grip means my finger tips hit the front of the body, such that I can't actually (comfortably) hold onto the grip (I have to squeeze quite hard to prevent dropping it). I presume the grip shape on a vertical grip would be the same, thus wouldn't really help.

Just wishing someone would put one of those wonderful sensors in a Canon shell :).

Hmmm... either that, or maybe I need to make a "grip pad" to make a Nikon grip the same size and shape as a Canon ;)

Camera, some lenses, too little time, too little talent

Yohan ­ Pamudji
Goldmember
2,994 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Oct 12, 2012 07:43 |  #515

sploo wrote in post #15111669 (external link)
Not sure if a vertical grip would help me (presume that's what's being discussed). The problem I find is that on Canon bodies, the palm of my right hand is on the side of the camera, with the joints in my fingers wrapping around the grip. The tips of my fingers just touch the front of the body, and that's quite comfortable.

On the Nikon bodies, the smaller grip means my finger tips hit the front of the body, such that I can't actually (comfortably) hold onto the grip (I have to squeeze quite hard to prevent dropping it). I presume the grip shape on a vertical grip would be the same, thus wouldn't really help.

Just wishing someone would put one of those wonderful sensors in a Canon shell :).

Hmmm... either that, or maybe I need to make a "grip pad" to make a Nikon grip the same size and shape as a Canon ;)

Just wanted to mention that I have similar ergonomic concerns as you despite having small hands. Canon cameras just fall to my hand better than the D600. The fact that I'm still following this thread is testament to the image quality of the D600, because I'm like you in that if I don't think I'll be comfortable using the camera for extended periods of time I can't seriously consider buying it.

coldcuts113
930 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 12, 2012 08:41 |  #516

WOW Elrey!!!!!

Nikon D4, Sony RX10, Sony RX100.
Past Gear: (most recently) 5D3, L's, etc.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 12, 2012 08:59 |  #517

sploo wrote in post #15111669 (external link)

I know what you mean, I tried a friends D3S over Christmas last year, that thing was a monster in my hands. It was miserable trying to use that thing with gloves on. My worry is the D800 gripped would be similar in size.

I agree, maybe the magic lantern folks could be convinced to swap a sensor and associated hw from a Nikon body to a Canon body. ;)

coldcuts113
930 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 12, 2012 09:01 |  #518

Yes!! As much as I love shooting Nikon, the ergonomics of the Canon 5D's and 1D's just feel better in my hands, especially the shutter button placement.

Nikon D4, Sony RX10, Sony RX100.
Past Gear: (most recently) 5D3, L's, etc.

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 12, 2012 12:25 |  #519

The D800 with a grip is a big camera. I need a new bag to be able to put the grip in the bag with grip attached.

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

ching
Goldmember
1,370 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Oct 12, 2012 12:52 |  #520

whmeltonjr wrote in post #15113173 (external link)
The D800 with a grip is a big camera. I need a new bag to be able to put the grip in the bag with grip attached.

Isn't it taller than D4? I remember saw a picture somehwere

Nikon D800

Steve ­ Beck
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 13:24 |  #521

Its a mans camera.. :)

Gear List? My gear is bigger than yours? Just shoot have fun...

whmeltonjr
Goldmember
1,363 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 12, 2012 13:26 |  #522

ching wrote in post #15113307 (external link)
Isn't it taller than D4? I remember saw a picture somehwere

Probably :lol: It's pretty tall.

William | Fuji X-E1 | Fuji X100S | Flickr (external link)

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 12, 2012 13:29 |  #523

Steve Beck wrote in post #15113450 (external link)
Its a mans camera.. :)

Lol! So far I love it. :)

Steve ­ Beck
Goldmember
2,503 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Oct 12, 2012 18:41 |  #524

Me too brother.

Gear List? My gear is bigger than yours? Just shoot have fun...

squaresnappr
278 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Oct 12, 2012 19:20 |  #525

rick_reno wrote in post #15112369 (external link)
I know what you mean, I tried a friends D3S over Christmas last year, that thing was a monster in my hands. It was miserable trying to use that thing with gloves on. My worry is the D800 gripped would be similar in size.

I agree, maybe the magic lantern folks could be convinced to swap a sensor and associated hw from a Nikon body to a Canon body. ;)

The D800 with a grip is a bit taller. The D3S is still more heftier and has a more full body feel. IMO, the D3S feels a lot more comfortable. Just recently I was in a 4 hour studio shoot, started off with the D800E but my hands started to hurt a little and I have small hands. I never had this experience with the 1D4, 5D2 and the D3S but the D800E grip feels thin and uncomfortable. But thats me; although, I do love the D800E just don't like the grip.

My Gear
http://www.solofotogra​phy.com (external link)
http://www.modelmayhem​.com/1896508 (external link)

sponsored links

100,532 views & 0 likes for this thread
D600 released.
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.