I am currently looking to update my storage and backup plan since my old solution is no longer sufficient for my workload. I have spent the past few hours researching different solutions, but I am still unsure of what would work best for me. (Raid, Drobo, a bunch of external HDs with old content in a cabinet, etc )
Should I just stock up on more external HDs or Get something like this Raidand a 1.5GB OWC dual Mini Elite for video and call it a day?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My current setup:
750GB Partitioned (250GB SSD Backup + 500GB Media Storage which I use for my Photography Business)
OWC Mini Elite 500GB aka my "Video Working Projects Drive"
2TB Seagate GoFlex
3TB Seagate GoFlex aka My backup for everything
My current storage solution
- Project Files and Renders -> MBP SSD which is backed up hourly using CCC to my 750GB internal HD, OWC Mini and 2TB Seagate Backup HD
- Working Projects Files -> OWC Mini Elite
- Non-Current Video Storage -> Seagate 2TB which is backed up to my Seagate 3TB
- Current Projects on my MBP internal 750GB HD.
- All photos stored on 2TB Seagate and Backed up on 3TB Seagate
What I am hoping to accomplish is:
2x Backup of all video footage in addition to my current working projects(which I would like to continue to have stored on a portable external HD for traveling purposes). Im thinking OWC Elite or Dual Elite.
2x Backup of all of my photography in addition to my current projects which is stored on my MBP internal storage drive.